Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal (730 Views)

Babachir Lawal And Ayodele Oke Leaving Aso Rock After Suspension (Photos) / SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters / How SGF, Babachir Lawal Was Suspended Inside Osinbajo’s Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by DONSMITH123(m): 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), has insisted he is not aware of his suspension.

Lawal said this while speaking with State House correspondents, following his meeting with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

When he was asked to react to his suspension, he responded “who announced it?”. When he was told that it was the presidency, Lawal replied “then ask them. Why are you asking me? Who is the presidency?”

The SGF was told about the press release signed by Buhari’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina and he said: “I have not seen it. I should have been given. I have not seen the press release, so I cannot comment on it.”

President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered an investigation into the allegations of violations of law and due process made against him, with regard to the award of contracts under the Presidential Initiative on the North East (PINE).

The statement made available to DAILY POST read: “President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered an investigation into the allegations of violations of law and due process made against the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr David Babachir Lawal, in the award of contracts under the Presidential Initiative on the North East (PINE).

“The President has also directed the suspension of the SGF from office pending the outcome of the investigations.

“In a related development, the President has ordered a full scale investigation into the discovery of large amounts of foreign and local currencies by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in a residential apartment at Osborne Towers, Ikoyi, Lagos, over which the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) has made a claim.

“The investigation is also to enquire into the circumstances in which the NIA came into possession of the funds, how and by whose or which authority the funds were made available to the NIA, and to establish whether or not there has been a breach of the law or security procedure in obtaining custody and use of the funds.

“The President has also directed the suspension of the Director General of the NIA, Ambassador Ayo Oke, pending the outcome of the investigation.

“A three-man Committee comprising the Hon. Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, and the National Security Adviser, headed by the Vice President, is to conduct both investigations.

“The Committee is to submit its report to the President within 14 days.

“The most senior Permanent Secretary in the SGF’s office, and the most senior officer in the NIA, are to act, respectively, during the period of investigation.”

Last month, Lawal insisted he is innocent of the allegations levelled against him over the N1.3billion grass-cutting contract.

Cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44

http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/19/not-aware-suspension-babachir-lawal/

Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by stephnie1(f): 5:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
yeye man
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by Igboesika: 5:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
Onye oshi. Even his suspension was done out of pressure. Ndi ara!!
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by DONSMITH123(m): 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
cheesy
Igboesika:
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by sarrki(m): 5:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
When I said he's a criminal

I mean it

He's a confirmed criminal
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by sarrki(m): 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
Igboesika:

This system needs network adjustment
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by omenkaLives(m): 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
Someone should parcel the memo to him wrapped in a time bomb. Maybe he needs to read it with a bang! cheesy

Senseless grasscuter.. grin

Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by DONSMITH123(m): 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
sarrki:

This system needs network adjustment

I DEY TELL YOU. Babachir suppose don go since na

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by DONSMITH123(m): 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
omenkaLives:
Someone should parcel the memo to him wrapped in a time bomb. Maybe he needs to read it with a bang! cheesy

ahahah...bros you dey vex o cheesy
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by Zebrudaya666: 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:

[/s]
buhari's government reeks of incompetent charlatans and criminals

100% truth
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by stephnie1(f): 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
lipsrsealed mumu
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by SweetLove0(f): 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2017
Zebrudaya666:
[s][/s]

100% truth

grammer
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by omenkaLives(m): 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2017
DONSMITH123:

ahahah...bros you dey vex o cheesy
Shame dey catch me for the man. grin
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by SweetLove0(f): 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2017
i stand with PMB
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by DONSMITH123(m): 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
omenkaLives:

thats naija for you.
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by Zebrudaya666: 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
SweetLove0:

grammer
kiss
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by omenkaLives(m): 5:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
Zebrudaya666:
[s][/s]

100% truth
Someone should show this kid some love please.. He cant go on in life like this grin

Just look at what a supposed graduate has turned himself into because of me.. cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by Zebrudaya666: 5:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
omenkaLives:
me too grin
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by SweetLove0(f): 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by Zebrudaya666: 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
Someone should show this kid some love please.. He cant go on in life like this grin

Just look at what a supposed graduate has turned himself into because of me.. cheesy
[/s]

you keep repeating this jargons without a valid proof

nonsense trash
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by SweetLove0(f): 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2017
grin grin grin grin
omenkaLives:

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by OsusuMustFlow(f): 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
efurefu
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by OsusuMustFlow(f): 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
Igboesika:
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by Zebrudaya666: 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
SweetLove0:

tongue
a lof you kiss
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by omenkaLives(m): 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
SweetLove0:
grin grin grin grin
Sister, could you do him the honour please.. I hear loneliness kills faster than hiv sometimes.. cheesy

How could a man live his life deliberately under another man's shadow? cheesy
Re: I Am Not Aware Of My Suspension – Babachir Lawal by Mynd44: 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2017

(1)

By Aliyu Ismaila Gwarzo: Nigeria Is Allah’s Gift To The Fulani - See More At: Ht / Osinbajo Panel Summons Emefiele, Nia, Nnpc, Napims, Pine Contractors / Danjuma Goje Raid : Nigerian Police Replies Senate Over 2017 Budget Seizure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.