Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,329 members, 7,867,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:19 AM

Check Out The President's Comment On Stolen Billions Recovered - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out The President's Comment On Stolen Billions Recovered (481 Views)

Polls : Vote For Your Next President. Comment Below / The President's Comment Can Be Twisted But Truth Is Sacrosanct / Abacha And The Stolen Billions.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The President's Comment On Stolen Billions Recovered by Destined2win: 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
It is with great dismay that I briefly air my view on the current spate of recovering billions stolen by both past and present government officials.

Stealing has become something very common amongst us that sometimes we see nothing wrong with that. This is a mindset that needs to be abolished and we can start by using offenders as disgraced scapegoats.

I was discussing with someone and he said that the best thing for such offenders would be outright execution but I won't agree to that because of one reason; such people need to see the disgrace that will be written on their faces and those of their loved ones as long as they live.

It's just a short while and my Presidency will be inaugurated. I am going to empower the judiciary to the point that cases involving such acts will be handled within specified time, and that any government official convicted of looting will not only spend a minimum of 30 years in prison, he and his entire family both nuclear and extended will be banned for life from holding public offices at any level.

Through national TVs, their faces will be flashed periodically to remind the public of the heinous crimes committed by that family and the need to always keep them out of public and government functions.

There are other things I am considering but won't let that out of the bag yet.

But what do you think of this? Any other suggestion.

(1) (Reply)

2019 Gov Election : Uduaghan, Manager, Others Endorse Okowa For Second Term / Strategies Used To Manipulate The Minds Of Nigerians / LG Poll: LASIEC Dealing With Salvador Illegal - Adewale, Lagos PDP Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.