Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,975 members, 7,814,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why (2720 Views)

Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings / Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks / Enugwu Ukwu In Anambra Where Pythons & Human Beings Live In Harmony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
I will not pretend that there is no prevalent wave of distrust flowing from other nationalities within the Nigerian contraption towards the Igbos though I do not subscribe to the sentiment of "they all hate us."  The question I have battle with is why?

1.   Igbos claim a strong link to Israel saying we are jews. And the Northern part of Nigeria share clear similarities with the Arabs. So, it should not be strange to see the deep hatred coming from that part. Ask Junaid Mohammed who could pass for Number One Igbo hater of all times.

2.   Igbos lead the very few ethnic nationalities in Nigeria that are fearless and bold in declaring their view not minding whose ox is gored. 

3.   Ndigbo are hardly intimidated. One can convince or rather persuade Igbos to buy into an idea or a thing but cannot be intimidated. Ask Oba of Lagos.

4.   There is a saying that if you visit any part of the world and can't find an Igbo man, then leave immediately because it is not fit for human habitation. Just like the Jews, Ndigbo are everywhere.

5.   An Igbo man has the ability of looking at a desert and seeing not a desert but a stream of wealth. Igbos get into an environment hitherto consider worthless and empty, but in few years turn the place around with his sheer ingenuity and hard work.

6.   Igbos share brotherhood in a manner that annoy other ethnic nationalities. A man arrives a community with a small bag, begins a business "Okonkwo and sons..." as soon as he finds his feet, he returns from one Christmas break with his younger brother who soon establishes his business "Ike Okonkwo Bros..." Before the owners of the land wake up to the opportunities in their land, "Okonkwo Enterprises Ltd" has been born.

Above all, I believe that none is greater than anyone, we live to assist one another become better. My personal advice to Ndigbo is that they appreciate their glaring difference and continue to make a difference everywhere.

Christ Jesus loves Igbo Land and will continue to strengthen and uphold her leadership.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by successmatters(m): 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2017
Igbo, good people, great tribe and the best among all people of the world.

In my next life, I don't wanna be an American or British, I want to be an Igbo babe na eli ofe owerre grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by Kellibae(f): 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2017
Igbo babe is here... we got it all beauti n brains!.
cool.. igbo ndioma ekenem u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 9:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
Yes

Wonderful tribe

4 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by KraticKratus: 10:00pm On Apr 19, 2017
It was going great until you mentioned the nazarene.
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 10:01pm On Apr 19, 2017
The almighty God bless them

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
KraticKratus:
It was going great until you mentioned the nazarene.

Wow I pray he visits you right now
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by donolatunji(m): 10:14pm On Apr 19, 2017
I Love Them Naturally But Igbo Has No Connection To Arab/Jew Jare.
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 10:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
You got to love them

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 10:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
And appreciate their glaring difference
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by ogologoamu: 2:12am On Apr 20, 2017
successmatters:
Igbo, good people, great tribe and the best among all people of the world.

In my next life, I don't wanna be an American or British, I want to be an Igbo babe na eli ofe owerre grin

Nwanne uche gi di ya.

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by ObaEwuare: 2:25am On Apr 20, 2017
The Southern Nigerians are great people

3 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 9:36am On Apr 20, 2017
You got to love them

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by cuteme88(f): 8:41pm On Apr 20, 2017
Since i was born to this world as a Northern woman! i've always respected the Igbo tribe. their women are wow and can cook for Naija !!!Jesus their Men are ever hardworking and caring but not all sha. the one when dey my backyard na copy right igbo man. But thank God i'm mixed Igbo-Hausa. So i learnt some Igbo traits frm my mom, both inherited and habitat skills and some from dad I guess the attitude aspect and the lips smiley smiley smiley
I and big sis were dreaming like no tomorrow to be married to an Igbo tribe but unfortunately Big sis is given up,married to an Hausa man with two kids. lol

Did i mention that i inherited one Almighty traits frm my mom? I am very stubborn like Kilode!!!! Igbo ladies are blessed with such talent. If i were to be born-again physically oooh*** would love to be full breed Igbo smiley smiley smiley

smiley smiley smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 10:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
Long live

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by 1shortblackboy: 12:05am On Apr 21, 2017
i love igbo people have no problems with them until they try to convince me i'm igbo
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by orisa37: 11:12am On Apr 21, 2017
cuteme88:
Since i was born to this world as a Northern woman! i've always respected the Igbo tribe. their women are wow and can cook for Naija !!!Jesus their Men are ever hardworking and caring but not all sha. the one when dey my backyard na copy right igbo man. But thank God i'm mixed Igbo-Hausa. So i learnt some Igbo traits frm my mom, both inherited and habitat skills and some from dad I guess the attitude aspect and the lips smiley smiley smiley
I and big sis were dreaming like no tomorrow to be married to an Igbo tribe but unfortunately Big sis is given up,married to an Hausa man with two kids. lol

Did i mention that i inherited one Almighty traits frm my mom? I am very stubborn like Kilode!!!! Igbo ladies are blessed with such talent. If i were to be born-again physically oooh*** would love to be full breed Igbo smiley smiley smiley

smiley smiley smiley

Kwenu.

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by cuteme88(f): 11:43am On Apr 21, 2017
orisa37:

Kwenu.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 3:01pm On Apr 21, 2017
Listen
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by KraticKratus: 9:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
lightblazingnow:

Wow I pray he visits you right now

I'm not gay.
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by Noneroone(m): 9:18pm On Apr 21, 2017
No wonder op opened a thread telling why we should stay together for life.
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 3:47am On Apr 22, 2017
Long live Nigerians
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 3:51am On Apr 22, 2017
Noneroone:
No wonder op opened a thread telling why we should stay together for life.

Where were you born?

Divided?

Look at your body parts. Your​ eyes may say I am not a part of the body, does it ceases to a member?

Only a fool divide
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 3:53am On Apr 22, 2017
KraticKratus:

I'm not gay.

Beyond your imagination

You only know earthly stuff.

This is far superior than you know
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 6:24am On Apr 22, 2017
Long live
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by KraticKratus: 10:16am On Apr 22, 2017
lightblazingnow:

Beyond your imagination

You only know earthly stuff.

This is far superior than you know

and you do?
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 3:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
Super being
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 3:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
KraticKratus:

and you do?

Your soul long
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by KraticKratus: 6:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
lightblazingnow:

Your soul long

say that again.
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
Blind dust
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 7:47am On Apr 23, 2017
Long live

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: New Emir Of Borgu Kingdom Has Emerged / Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? / Some Beautiful Pictures From Port Harcourt, The Garden City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.