Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

I Got Married To A German Woman - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Got Married To A German Woman (7639 Views)

Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria / Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant / A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Married To A German Woman by ibrahimdoc: 10:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
i got married to a german woman at the marriage registry and i would want to relocate to germany to join her there. what document will they ask of me at the german embassey apart from my passport. pls anybody with useful info should let me know.

1 Like

Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by Tyche(m): 11:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
This thread is useless without pics ....

11 Likes

Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by ibrahimdoc: 11:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
so many views without any useful comment. i really need this information in other to equip myself with the necessary document as i go to the embassey.
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by Akaewu: 11:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
Visit or mail the embassy abt ur inquiry
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by Saintsquare(m): 7:01am On Apr 20, 2017
Hope u have learnt German language

1 Like

Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by doubletroublmum(f): 7:26am On Apr 20, 2017
Check the embassy page for long-term visa. You will need a lot of documents, a valid passport and German skills A1 level. Good luck
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by fuckyoumhen: 7:38am On Apr 20, 2017
ibrahimdoc:
i got married to a german woman at the marriage registry and i would want to relocate to germany to join her there. what document will they ask of me at the german embassey apart from my passport. pls anybody with useful info should let me know.
u don finally scam d innocent woman? congratz that u are about to leave dis hell on earth

8 Likes

Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by ibrahimdoc: 9:07am On Apr 20, 2017
doubletroublmum:
Check the embassy page for long-term visa. You will need a lot of documents, a valid passport and German skills A1 level. Good luck
what documents do i need from my end. i know my wife will present a lot of documents over there in germany.
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by ibrahimdoc: 9:09am On Apr 20, 2017
fuckyoumhen:
u don finally scam d innocent woman? congratz that u are about to leave dis hell on earth

my brother don't say that. i am an honest man and i married her for love and not for what i would gain from her.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by fuckyoumhen: 9:15am On Apr 20, 2017
ibrahimdoc:

my brother don't say that. i am an honest man and i married her for love and not for what i would gain from her.
*yinmu* abeg me sef dey find one o.
@d topic, German embassy is your best bet as regard your request

11 Likes

Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by mrsmith11(m): 11:42am On Apr 20, 2017
Check German website for correct information but I think the following is necessary

International passport with validity more than a year
Birth certificate. ... (maybe you need to legalize it )
Marriage certificate (legalise in Abuja )
Passport photograph
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by ibrahimdoc: 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2017
[quote author=mrsmith11 post=55739978]Check German website for correct information but I think the following is necessary

International passport with validity more than a year
Birth certificate. ... (maybe you need to legalize it )
Marriage certificate (legalise in Abuja )
Passport photograph

thanks bro. i appreciate.
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
ur best bet is to check german embassy site to know what visa u qualify for.......I got married to a foreigner too and I was in ur shoe some months ago...though I have my visa now and leaving soon...
Rate of cyber crime in our country now make embassies to be more careful with applications like urs....one of my guy got married to a finnish and has never been given a visa for 5 years now....so dont think ur marriage guarantee u a visa

ur documents needs to show and prove ur marriage is not a scam...

forget about the documents ur wife will send, the embassy will be interested in the papers from u and not ur wife.

documents u need from ur wife are;
invitation letter showing her name,address,passport. numbee
her passport data page notarized in her country
sponsoreship form if she's sponsoring. ur trip
support. letters from her friend and family attesting to the relationship between u both.......
Financial records if she's sponsoring d trip...they need to know her financial status....not something hard bro....dont panic......lol

Evidence of relationship
atleast 15 photos of u and ur wife, couple with friends,and some taking together while. catching fun....they need to see how free u are together
emails
phone records
record of chats
skype..
all these are for them to see how well u communicate and how long you've. been together....and to be sure she was not paid to marry u.

documents u should provide..
I will tell u these when im sure u truely love ur wife and not just taking advantage. of that innocent woman....u dont need to take ur wedding cert to abuja...I will tell u wat to do....and d embassy dont even need d original

waiting

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by ibrahimdoc: 6:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
Beverly1:
ur best bet is to check german embassy site to know what visa u qualify for.......I got married to a foreigner too and I was in ur shoe some months ago...though I have my visa now and leaving soon...
Rate of cyber crime in our country now make embassies to be more careful with applications like urs....one of my guy got married to a finnish and has never been given a visa for 5 years now....so dont think ur marriage guarantee u a visa

ur documents needs to show and prove ur marriage is not a scam...

forget about the documents ur wife will send, the embassy will be interested in the papers from u and not ur wife.

documents u need from ur wife are;
invitation letter showing her name,address,passport. numbee
her passport data page notarized in her country
sponsoreship form if she's sponsoring. ur trip
support. letters from her friend and family attesting to the relationship between u both.......
Financial records if she's sponsoring d trip...they need to know her financial status....not something hard bro....dont panic......lol

Evidence of relationship
atleast 15 photos of u and ur wife, couple with friends,and some taking together while. catching fun....they need to see how free u are together
emails
phone records
record of chats
skype..
all these are for them to see how well u communicate and how long you've. been together....and to be sure she was not paid to marry u.

documents u should provide..
I will tell u these when im sure u truely love ur wife and not just taking advantage. of that innocent woman....u dont need to take ur wedding cert to abuja...I will tell u wat to do....and d embassy dont even need d original

waiting
my brother i love my wife very much. please tell me the documents i need to present there.
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
Check German's embassy website or visit the German thread in this section.
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
firstly take the original weddinug cert and a photocopy to
any high court orr where. there are chambers around u.....ask for a notary public lawyer or u can check their sign post, its usually written on it....make sure its a notary public and tell them u want to notarise the photocopy.....did mine for 2k......once u do that, follow the link below toget the list of other required documents

https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas

1 Like

Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by ibrahimdoc: 12:04am On Apr 21, 2017
Beverly1:
firstly take the original weddinug cert and a photocopy to
any high court orr where. there are chambers around u.....ask for a notary public lawyer or u can check their sign post, its usually written on it....make sure its a notary public and tell them u want to notarise the photocopy.....did mine for 2k......once u do that, follow the link below toget the list of other required documents

https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
my brother thanks so much about the info. i really appreciate that especially the notary thingy. but the link you sent me said that anything that has seals or stamps and whatnot should be submitted in its original form and marriage certificate has seal, so my question is, if i notarize the photo copy of the marriage certificate, they will gladly accept it without me having to present the original copy of the said certificate? and please i also want to ask if i should present my original copy of my waec and neco results cos they both come with stamp and seal respectively. ur swift response wil be most appreciated. remain blessed.
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by ManTiger(m): 12:49am On Apr 21, 2017
ibrahimdoc:

Congratulations...

I'm happy for you.

Germans are very nice and Germany is a very beautiful country.

Go enjoy your life.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by justwise(m): 6:22am On Apr 21, 2017
ibrahimdoc:

This is the full list from German embassy

http://www.nigeria.diplo.de/contentblob/4051286/Daten/7266649/Checklist_Ehegattennachzug_en.pdf

1 Like

Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 21, 2017
ibrahimdoc:
my brother thanks so much about the info. i really appreciate that especially the notary thingy. but the link you sent me said that anything that has seals or stamps and whatnot should be submitted in its original form and marriage certificate has seal, so my question is, if i notarize the photo copy of the marriage certificate, they will gladly accept it without me having to present the original copy of the said certificate? and please i also want to ask if i should present my original copy of my waec and neco results cos they both come with stamp and seal respectively. ur swift response wil be most appreciated. remain blessed.
I honestly don't know what visa u qualify. for and that's why u need to check the link justwise sent ....
despite marrying their citizen, some countries wont still give u any visa apart from visitor...my wife is from ealand.....and u dont qualify for any other type of visa until u and ur wife have lived together for atleast 6months.....so that's why u need to know what visa u qualify for first.....and if u need to include any certificate about school which I dont actually think is necessary, just notarized them separately......while not provide ur employments details...and u can talk about ur qualifications. in ur cover letter.....i'm a Medical Scientist and I didn't include any school certs in my application.

the notary seal authenticates those copies....
just talking from recent experience
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by ibrahimdoc: 11:31am On Apr 21, 2017
Beverly1:

I honestly don't know what visa u qualify. for and that's why u need to check the link justwise sent ....
despite marrying their citizen, some countries wont still give u any visa apart from visitor...my wife is from New Zealand.....and u dont qualify for any other type of visa until u and ur wife have lived together for atleast 6months.....so that's why u need to know what visa u qualify for first.....and if u need to include any certificate about school which I dont actually think is necessary, just notarized them separately......while not provide ur employments details...and u can talk about ur qualifications. in ur cover letter.....i'm a Medical Scientist and I didn't include any school certs in my application.

the notary seal authenticates those copies....
just talking from recent experience
thank bro. so i have to notarize all the photo copy of my school certificate. i dnt have to present the original copy once they are notarized right?
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
ibrahimdoc:
thank bro. so i have to notarize all the photo copy of my school certificate. i dnt have to present the original copy once they are notarized right?
yea bro
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by ibrahimdoc: 9:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
Beverly1:
yea bro
thanks my bro. i just found out something. i was told i need to know german to AI level, where u told to go for a language school during your time? pls do u hv any info for me regarding this? i am waiting for ur response.
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
sorry I dont know anything about that....my wife is from an english speaking country.....where did u get that info from?
I know u have to learn German when u get there....nit for visa application .....I might br wrong though.....maybe u can ask on the german thread.
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by ibrahimdoc: 10:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
Beverly1:
sorry I dont know anything about that....my wife is from an english speaking country.....where did u get that info from?
I know u have to learn German when u get there....nit for visa application .....I might br wrong though.....maybe u can ask on the german thread.
i saw it from their website and my wife told me about it just yesterday. they started that this year.
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by Saintsquare(m): 11:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
ibrahimdoc:
i saw it from their website and my wife told me about it just yesterday. they started that this year.
Lol I already mentioned it above,u must learn the language and pass....
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 24, 2017
dont waste time bro.....o ya back to school.....dint be discourage ......good things dont come easily. bro...
its gonna worth it at d end...
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by celestialAgent(m): 12:23pm On Apr 24, 2017
fuckyoumhen:
*yinmu* abeg me sef dey find one o.
@d topic, German embassy is your best bet as regard your request
You no find reach me! D op yeye no b small.

Dude said he married for love, Lmao
Re: I Got Married To A German Woman by ibrahimdoc: 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
Beverly1:
dont waste time bro.....o ya back to school.....dint be discourage ......good things dont come easily. bro...
its gonna worth it at d end...

yes bro i totally agree with you. i have just enrolled for the german training in my area. but the thing is that they dnt write exams here, they said it is only done in lagos and i dnt stay in lagos. they said they can only give me a letter of attestation to prove that i have undergone german training. i would like to know if this will be acceptable in the embassey cod they wrote in thier website that the applicant needs to.come with a prove of basic german knowledge. Hoping to hear from u soon.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Get A Visa Out Of Ukraine To Visit Another Europa Country / Getting Uk Citizenship By Marrying A British-nigerian Man / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.