Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Divorced..but He Wants Me Back..am Confused..practical Advice Please - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Divorced..but He Wants Me Back..am Confused..practical Advice Please (499 Views)

She's Divorced, But She's In Love Should I Continue The Relationship? / Confused Monkey Tries To Steal A Burger Through A Car Windscreen In South Africa / Who Knows This Confused Woman Roaming About In Maryland,Lagos?(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorced..but He Wants Me Back..am Confused..practical Advice Please by joelyusuf(m): 11:28am On Apr 20, 2017
Please I want to remain anonymous I have been wanting to share this, but don’t know whom to confide in. I hope I get practical advice. I got married to the love of my life in 2013 November, before then, he introduced me to his parents and they welcomed me before the wedding. He lost his job after the wedding, we moved to his friend’s house, he never told me his company gave him money to rent an apartment when it folded up, I got to know through his colleague. He does not discuss anything about his business with me. I always have to squeeze out any information I need from him. I tried to support him in the little way I can. We travelled to his home town the Christmas of 2013. His parents called a meeting because I did not wake up by 6am to sweep the compound, meanwhile I do every other thing, cooking, washing plates, cleaning the house.I even learnt how to make my father in-laws meals because he does not eat same thing with the rest of the family. My hubby refused to get a job. The next Christmas ( 2014 ) I had to borrow money from a friend for us to travel. My dad has been asking me to come home, but because of work I couldn’t, that’s why I borrowed to make it possible, I spent two days with them and decided to go see my dad on the 30th. My dad was not around. He travelled, I had to wait for him to come back. He came back on the 1st January 2015. Yes i waited for my dad to get back against the wish of my husband, because according to his family tradition, everyone must be around on the 1st of January to celebrate the new year. When I came back on the second of January with my dad, my dad offered to drop me. I met my husband, who had already packed my things that am leaving his house, His father even hit me, saying I should stand up and leave his house. All these were happening in the presence of my dad, so my dad helped me carry my things and we left. Later in April, we went back home to reconcile, but I don’t call the parents on the phone like I always used to do, neither do they call me after the incident. When I travelled home the following Christmas, my hubby said, I should not come to the house, that his parents are not happy with me. I insisted I’ll come and I went. Truly his father came in and asked me to leave, and hubby was in support. To avoid being hit again, I left. I got tired of the whole situation and told my parents am no longer interested in the marriage, so they returned my bride price December 2016. My hubby filed for divorce January 2017. We did not have any child, because both of us did not have the means to raise one. I have always been the one apologising whenever we have any problem. The thing is, he wants to come back, he started calling me this April, but am tired, I just want a peaceful life. Since 2013 up till now it’s been one problem or the other. I have been squatting with my friend from when his friend sent me out of his house with my hubby’s order. Now I have a good job, even though I want out, am scared I might not find someone that will love me, and I don’t want that title ”divorcée”. How would people see me, am so confused.
Re: Divorced..but He Wants Me Back..am Confused..practical Advice Please by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:58am On Apr 20, 2017
WOmen women women....how many times have i called you desperate lot?!

The man and his family treated you like dirt, he beat you once, throw you out the house every time you do what YOU believe is right, he is a jobless liar, his parents are in total control of him and your household... And after divorcing your low self esteem self, you still want to go back to this NO GOOD of a man because of Desperation's to remain a (miserable) Mrs?! The worst is that you wrote that you are afraid not to find love "again", as if this one ever loved you, BWAAAAAAH!!!!

Here is the important question to you: what's so good about this man that you wanna return to him? Tell us all the quality he's got

2 Likes

Re: Divorced..but He Wants Me Back..am Confused..practical Advice Please by Gentlevin: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2017
The guy above me has said it all. I think dis time around dey will remove ur eyes in front of your dad before u know dat u are no more wanted in dat family...
Re: Divorced..but He Wants Me Back..am Confused..practical Advice Please by nellyquash(f): 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
My dear is better you remain single than to be a miserable Mrs.

1 Like

Re: Divorced..but He Wants Me Back..am Confused..practical Advice Please by sauceEEP(m): 10:29pm On Apr 24, 2017
Don't ever go back to that man! Old habits die hard, he wants in now because you have a better job so run. you'll definitely find a man who'll love you unconditionally...
Re: Divorced..but He Wants Me Back..am Confused..practical Advice Please by Tallesty1(m): 5:37am On Apr 25, 2017
You don't value your life and peace of mind at all.

(1) (Reply)

Corpse Being Prepared For Burial Grabs Living Brother’s Hands / . / Virtual Address In Lekki As Low As 70k Per Annum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.