Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,930 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Air Bag Warning Light Constantly On. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Air Bag Warning Light Constantly On. (1608 Views)

KIA Picanto: Please Who Knows What This Warning Light Means??? / Air Bag Light Blinks / Why Your BRAKE Warning Light Stays On After Releasing Your Parking Brake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Bag Warning Light Constantly On. by wesleyel: 11:43am On Apr 20, 2017
My vehicle (2005 Toyota corolla) air bag light recently came on and stayed on. I tired adjusting the cables under the seats and inspecting them, but its still on. Also tried disconnecting the battery overnight to reset the computer system, the light went off briefly but came back on again. Went to a rewire to ask for his opinion, he said the airbag has expired. I did some research online and found out that airbags don't technically expire though they do have replacement span of 10 - 15years for older cars. Anyone with any ideas as to how to resolve this?
Re: Air Bag Warning Light Constantly On. by honmusa(m): 11:58am On Apr 20, 2017
wesleyel:
My vehicle (2005 Toyota corolla) air bag light recently came on and stayed on. I tired adjusting the cables under the seats and inspecting them, but its still on. Also tried disconnecting the battery overnight to reset the computer system, the light went off briefly but came back on again. Went to a rewire to ask for his opinion, he said the airbag has expired. I did some research online and found out that airbags don't technically expire though they do have replacement span of 10 - 15years for older cars. Anyone with any ideas as to how to resolve this?
Oga ,why are u disturbing yourself over what oyinbo has already simplify .For your information ,there can 100 reason why the SRS light is on and are u going to be checking that one by one.Abeg go scan your SRS module.
Re: Air Bag Warning Light Constantly On. by wesleyel: 12:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
honmusa:

Oga ,why are u disturbing yourself over what oyinbo has already simply .For your information ,there can 100 reason why the SRS light is on and are u going to be checking that one by one.Abeg go scan your SRS module.

OK thanks. Is the SRS module separate or it's part if the whole system?
Re: Air Bag Warning Light Constantly On. by honmusa(m): 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
wesleyel:

OK thanks. Is the SRS module separate or it's part if the whole system?
No need to go technical about this .Seek for a professional auto Diagnostician that has a professional scantool and he will do it for you .
If you are in Lagos ,call 08061166316.
Re: Air Bag Warning Light Constantly On. by wesleyel: 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2017
Kai, am in abuja o. Thanks for the info.
Re: Air Bag Warning Light Constantly On. by miteolu(m): 2:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
Airbag is never reliable especially when the car is 5years older from manufacturing date.
Re: Air Bag Warning Light Constantly On. by surefx(m): 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
An airbag light will not go off unless the fault is rectified and system codes erased using a professional scan tool. Small handheld scanners are usually incapable of scanning SRS systems.

Go do SRS system scan, fix issue and have the system reset. Your light will stay off afterwards if no new issues are detected.
Re: Air Bag Warning Light Constantly On. by EmagNig(m): 6:56am On Apr 09, 2018
wesleyel:

You tried to message me..In what respect please
Re: Air Bag Warning Light Constantly On. by lourash(m): 8:11am On Apr 09, 2018
miteolu:
Airbag is never reliable especially when the car is 5years older from manufacturing date.
not true sir.

(1) (Reply)

My Corolla AC Is Giving Me Problem / Changing From 2009 Accord To 2006 Es 330 / Car Races

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.