Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Air Bag Light Blinks - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Air Bag Light Blinks (914 Views)

ABS Light Blinks For A While And Then Stay On / Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly / Maintenance Required Light Blinks For Some Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Air Bag Light Blinks by femakins: 7:47pm On May 19, 2018
2 months ago I had to fix the lower arm of my Nissan Primera 1999 model so after fixing it, I took it down for allignment and I asked the guy to help me straighten up my steering. After fixing up ill, discovered that the airbag light kept flashing which I reported to him immediately but he assured me that it will stop in no time. It's over 2 months now and it kept on blinking after start up. I tried giving it to a rewire but the guy was just saying nonsense so I asked him not to worry. Please anyone with lasting solution to this problem. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Air Bag Light Blinks by UceeGod: 8:18pm On May 19, 2018
You can turn off the light by following these steps

1. Turn on the ignition until the airbag light goes off briefly; this will be a few seconds.

2. Immediately after the airbag light goes out, turn off the ignition for three seconds

3. Turn the ignition back on, turning off again as soon as the airbag light goes out, as in Step 1. Repeat this for three cycles in total.

4. Then turn the ignition on for one second and immediately turn off the ignition, then back on again and start the car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E6Mkr2Xgjc
Re: Air Bag Light Blinks by mayor2013: 9:06pm On May 19, 2018
Your clock spring has been messed up with. The spiral cable has been overstretched more than its maximum turns. Have it replaced and you should be fine

(1) (Reply)

I Deal With Both Nigerian Used And Tokunbo At Affordable Prices / I’m Getting My First Car Soon / Help, My Honda Accord 2003 Vibrates Uncontrollably

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.