Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

My Trip To Kenya In Pictures - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures (103804 Views)

My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam / My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State / My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Jammiiee(m): 12:53pm On May 04, 2017
U hear women - woe unto men - women cheesy
kuchikau:
d women remains d vessel for mans downfall.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Jay254(m): 2:53pm On May 04, 2017
obaaderemi:
Do you expect kenyans to promote their problems and dirty sides the way nigerians do.Of course if I go to a place,I will ask to be taken to the nice areas.But now that I have heard so much about the Nairobi slums,I might just take a look if I visit kenya.
j

Slum tourism is abig biz in kenya.. some of the most famous ppl have visited Kibera such as Oprah, Madonna.. we never hide kibera to any one... NGO's are making akilling with it by sourcing money from around the world... For years everyone knew kibera had apopulation of 1.5m ppl untill census was done and the figure went to 171,000 thousand ppl.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by obaaderemi: 5:12pm On May 04, 2017
Jay254:
j

Slum tourism is abig biz in kenya.. some of the most famous ppl have visited Kibera such as Oprah, Madonna.. we never hide kibera to any one... NGO's are making akilling with it by sourcing money from around the world... For years everyone knew kibera had apopulation of 1.5m ppl untill census was done and the figure went to 171,000 thousand ppl.
That's inhumane.Are you saying the slum dwellers are ignored by the Kenyan government for the sake of tourism so that westerners can come and gawk at them and take pictures of the hapless beings?177,000 is still a lot.that's a town.Anyway,African leaders don't really care.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Jay254(m): 6:05pm On May 04, 2017
obaaderemi:
That's inhumane.Are you saying the slum dwellers are ignored by the Kenyan government for the sake of tourism so that westerners can come and gawk at them and take pictures of the hapless beings?177,000 is still a lot.that's a town.Anyway,African leaders don't really care.

True it is still big but not as big as 1.5m.. The Kenyan Govt is doing some slum upgrading.. putting up Toilets and improving roads and drainage system through NYS

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Jay254(m): 6:13pm On May 04, 2017
More from kibera

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by seuncyrus(m): 7:27pm On May 04, 2017
Pidgin2:

Wow what a lovely water fall there, Nigeria is indeed greatly blessed, you can contribute your own quota by opening a thread about this place, I've never heard of it before and I might take a trip down there if I know more about the place, thanks

Yes oh , Nigeria is really blessed ...The place is in Wamba Local government in Nasarawa state .We visited the place during my youth service, we heard the place used to be a tourist attraction a long time ago... we even saw seats that were all covered in bushes...To get to the waterfall..we had to trek for about 1hour30 mins, crossed 3 rivers all on foot as there was no road leading to the place.

If you want to go there It'll be better if you go in group...It'll be more fun that way

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 04, 2017
seuncyrus:

Yes oh , Nigeria is really blessed ...The place is in Wamba Local government in Nasarawa state .We visited the place during my youth service, we heard the place used to be a tourist attraction a long time ago... we even saw seats that were all covered in bushes...To get to the waterfall..we had to trek for about 1hour30 mins, crossed 3 rivers all on foot as there was no road leading to the place.

If you want to go there It'll be better if you go in group...It'll be more fun that way

Nothing beats group hikes to such places I agree.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by isax(m): 1:44pm On May 11, 2017
iyke926:

Egbon, na gross mistake wey I make. grin Thanks
ok sir no one is above mistake
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Kenyanstar: 10:49am On May 22, 2017
Kenya Random Pictures

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Kenyanstar: 10:53am On May 22, 2017
Kenya train services.... if you want to travel to other towns you can alternately use the rail services

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by NairobiWalker(m): 1:47pm On May 22, 2017
PissedYagami:
We are Kenyans mate. Not Indians, been here for generations
LightYagami wewe sii msapere?
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by NairobiWalker(m): 4:36pm On May 22, 2017
odinga1of:

Hmmmm Sist please educate them, I will be visiting Nairobi by December.
Your name is Odinga, I wonder why you're not in Nairobi already.; D
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by PissedYagami(m): 1:38am On May 23, 2017
NairobiWalker:

LightYagami wewe sii msapere?
Naah mate, never been one
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by komia: 7:30am On May 23, 2017
PissedYagami:

Naah mate, never been one

Nîarega
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Divine88: 12:00pm On May 23, 2017
BedLam:
Evisa is 50 dollars and you just have to go to ecitizen.co.ke and follow the process. But immigration had to collect 50 dollars at the airport just because...corruption. Police collected 14$ from me as well and both of them threatened to send me back.
Good day bro, I am visiting my fiancée's family in two weeks. Did u have to go along with a yellow fever card? If u did, where did u obtain one from? Did u also have to show evidence of funds? Been reading around that u have to show funds upto $400, is that true?
Will appreciate your response. Thanks
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Divine88: 9:19am On Jun 01, 2017
maxti:
Strange. i didnt pay any fee at the POE. I presented my Evisa n hotel reservation.
I was sent to a waiting room for refusing to pay another $50. The officer had to allow me when i answered all questions "authoritatively".
Since then, i am considering paying the $50 at the POE and not using evisa. Though, i dont know hoe that would play out.
Did you have to get a yellow fever card before u travelled?
I may likely face this scenario when I get to Nairobi later this month, cos I don't like paying extra after paying for my evisa online.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by maxti: 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
Divine88:

Did you have to get a yellow fever card before u traveled?
I may likely face this scenario when I get to Nairobi later this month, cos I don't like paying extra after paying for my evisa online.

Yes i did. Very Vital.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Divine88: 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
maxti:

Yes i did. Very Vital.
Alright, thanks.
Where can I get it please? I heard u can get it at the port health office. Please is that true? And how much is it?
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 4:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
Divine88:

Alright, thanks.
Where can I get it please? I heard u can get it at the port health office. Please is that true? And how much is it?
Yes.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by maxti: 10:39am On Jun 02, 2017
Divine88:

Alright, thanks.
Its Available at the Airport. I think for as low as one thousand Naira. I got mine from the health centre in the state i reside. Through the Department of Public health. I also made sure i got the necessary Vaccinations as required.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Divine88: 11:53am On Jun 02, 2017
BedLam:
Yes.
Thanks
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Divine88: 11:55am On Jun 02, 2017
maxti:
Its Available at the Airport. I think for as low as one thousand Naira. I got mine from the health centre in the state i reside. Through the Department of Public health. I also made sure i got the necessary Vaccinations as required.
Thanks for this bro.
Did you also have to show funds upto $400 at the point of entry? cos I read somewhere a visitor has to. Not sure if that's true.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by maxti: 1:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
Divine88:

Thanks for this bro.
Did you also have to show funds upto $400 at the point of entry? cos I read somewhere a visitor has to. Not sure if that's true.

Though i was asked, i told them i have enough. i didnt have to show. besides, i had my mastercard. All these were asked cos i was sent to an inner office for refusing to pay extra $50.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Mujtahida: 4:53am On Jun 15, 2017
Pidgin2:

Wow what a lovely water fall there, Nigeria is indeed greatly blessed, you can contribute your own quota by opening a thread about this place, I've never heard of it before and I might take a trip down there if I know more about the place, thanks
I am familiar with your arguments from the religion threads. On this thread you've been so passionate, so relentless and irrepressible in your devotion to promoting Nigeria, it's almost fanatical and I commend you for that. It's really a good quality. However do not let your passion becloud you from seeing certain realities which some of our compatriots have tried to call your attention to. While we cannot continue complaining the truth is that alot rest with the government. For God sake that's why they are there. Nationally things like power supply, infrastructure and public utilities is the function of the Government world over.

You appear to me to be a bit old fashioned in your outlook (no derision meant, cos I am a bit that way too) so let me use this analogy. Traditionally a father has certain roles which he must play essentially relating to provision of food, security and guidance of the children. A man who doesn't do this things is setting his family up for failure. To relegate such duty to the wife is to put her under immense and undue pressure. So it is with Government too.

So on the whole we have a beautiful, well endowed country, rich in human and natural resources even more so than Kenya but the difference is Government. Kenya no doubt has gotten it right and their tourism is booming. The burden rest on our Government to do same.

As a citizen with your passion, I know you don't mind painting billboards in the sky to announce our tourism industry to the world, or carrying out lavish campaigns sensitising citizens to be warm, friendly and accommodating of visitors and tourists but there's a limit to how far you can you can go, there's a limit to how far citizens in general can go. You can only do so much. Will you, or citizens provide good roads from the airport too and throughout the city and rural areas, constant power supply in the city and rural areas, security throughout the nation, transport, infrastructural and public utilities to make tourism in Nigeria an unforgettable experience? I don't think so. The Government just has to do that.

Once again I love your passion, I really do. Nigeria needs more crazy people like you, stubborn ones too who are fearless and undaunted in their convictions about the implicit greatness of this country, so blessed but tragically pressed down by the knaves called politicians. Don't lose your passion, keep it simmering. Cheers

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 15, 2017
Mujtahida:

I am familiar with your arguments from the religion threads. On this thread you've been so passionate, so relentless and irrepressible in your devotion to promoting Nigeria, it's almost fanatical and I commend you for that. It's really a good quality. However do not let your passion becloud you from seeing certain realities which some of our compatriots have tried to call your attention to. While we cannot continue complaining the truth is that alot rest with the government. For God sake that's why they are there. Nationally things like power supply, infrastructure and public utilities is the function of the Government world over.

You appear to me to be a bit old fashioned in your outlook (no derision meant, cos I am a bit that way too) so let me use this analogy. Traditionally a father has certain roles which he must play essentially relating to provision of food, security and guidance of the children. A man who doesn't do this things is setting his family up for failure. To relegate such duty to the wife is to put her under immense and undue pressure. So it is with Government too.

So on the whole we have a beautiful, well endowed country, rich in human and natural resources even more so than Kenya but the difference is Government. Kenya no doubt has gotten it right and their tourism is booming. The burden rest on our Government to do same.

As a citizen with your passion, I know you don't mind painting billboards in the sky to announce our tourism industry to the world, or carrying out lavish campaigns sensitising citizens to be warm, friendly and accommodating of visitors and tourists but there's a limit to how far you can you can go, there's a limit to how far citizens in general can go. You can only do so much. Will you, or citizens provide good roads from the airport too and throughout the city and rural areas, constant power supply in the city and rural areas, security throughout the nation, transport, infrastructural and public utilities to make tourism in Nigeria an unforgettable experience? I don't think so. The Government just has to do that.

Once again I love your passion, I really do. Nigeria needs more crazy people like you, stubborn ones too who are fearless and undaunted in their convictions about the implicit greatness of this country, so blessed but tragically pressed down by the knaves called politicians. Don't lose your passion, keep it simmering. Cheers
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 15, 2017
Mujtahida:

Thanks for this insightful post. I understand your concerns over the government's seemingly inept attitude towards provision of infrastructures and amenities

However, I beg to differ on some view points you have raised. In respect to tourism, people abroad are not necessarily visiting Africa with the expectation of having all basic amenities and infrastructures in place. They already have most of the comforts they need in their own country so that's not necessarily what they are looking for down here

What they want is something different, simple things like: welcoming and friendly people, something to see and places to explore. In essence what they are looking to experience is nature and the culture of the people who live there. We don't need government to provide us with these things, we already have them although we are fast losing it through westernization

We can't continue waiting for the government to keep to their promises, we have to start doing things right first. Have you heard the saying "A people deserves the government it gets"? Yes, we deserve corrupt leaders because we ourselves are guilty. Many people would do the same things if they get there

I am fully aware that I cannot change the orientation of Nigerians lol this is a herculean task even for a good leader with bad followers so I'm only doing my own quota through social media which I have access to.

I don't support some of Mr. President's policies, to me some are rather archaic but the fact remains that if we are to experience any good change each of us has got to play our own part. It's abnormal to have good followers and bad leaders, what is normal is bad leaders and bad followers. When we the citizens change for good, leave the rest to mother nature to eliminate bad leaders because we will no longer have bad replacements.

Let us even commend some state governors like Ambode, Obiano etc for working on infrastructure provision also Fashola for actually improving light supply, hopefully things will keep move forward. My respect goes to GEJ for lighting the National spirit in me when he said "My ambition is not worth the blood of a Nigerian" we all know how power drunk most African leaders have been so far

I'll definitely keep playing my little role but don't be surprised when this role will land me somewhere big. That's what a lot of people don't know "a journey of a million miles starts with a step"

PROUDLY Nigerian!
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 15, 2017
Mujtahida:

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Divine88: 9:53am On Jun 25, 2017
maxti:

Though i was asked, i told them i have enough. i didnt have to show. besides, i had my mastercard. All these were asked cos i was sent to an inner office for refusing to pay extra $50.
Arrived Nairobi this morning. O dear o dear, the level of extortion within the airport is alarming. I won't generalize tho, cos someone else may likely not experience what I experienced.
Right from the port health to immigration to police, anyways I didn't drop a penny. Crack jokes et al to make them feel relax. I know I was in for a journey when I checked in on rwandair, the guy at the Lagos desk are crazy. After I told them I don't like carrying cash, as I have a dollar dominated MasterCard, they insist I still show them physical money�.
Anyways I need to get some needed rest.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Jay254(m): 10:00am On Jun 25, 2017
Divine88:

Arrived Nairobi this morning. O dear o dear, the level of extortion within the airport is alarming. I won't generalize tho, cos someone else may likely not experience what I experienced.
Right from the port health to immigration to police, anyways I didn't drop a penny. Crack jokes et al to make them feel relax. I know I was in for a journey when I checked in on rwandair, the guy at the Lagos desk are crazy. After I told them I don't like carrying cash, as I have a dollar dominated MasterCard, they insist I still show them physical money�.

Welcome to Kenya, are you here for tourism?
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by maxti: 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2017
Divine88:

Congrats on your safe arrival. thanks for the update. please keep us updated.
i beg always mention me. Thanks
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by maxti: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2017
Divine88:

I guess the extortion is at MM Airport. Those guys are a disgrace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

How A Nigerian Lady Landed In Europe Because Of 80 Naira Sachet Milk / Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road / Aircraft Being Transported In A Trailer Truck In Port-Harcourt. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.