Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) (45796 Views)

Electrician Electrocuted While Working On A Pole In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Vulcanizer Dies After Tyre Explodes While Working In His Workshop.Graphic Photos / Lady Climbs Electric Pole, Fixes Electrical Connections (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by AbiolaFawole(m): 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
A hardworking man RIP
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by jfizle247(m): 5:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
R.I.P
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by murmee: 5:56pm On Apr 20, 2017
priceaction:
How did he climb.? I see no ladder. What a loss. I think it is high time they switch off supply from the station before embarking on this kind of repairs. It is getting much these days. The electric supply has improved in many areas. They need good communication gadgets to communicate to those at the station so that something like this can be avoided. Rip to the man.
I thought I was the only one who noticed the absence of a ladder. If he climbed the pole without a ladder,(specifically a wooden ladder) then the man, figuratively speaking, committed suicide!
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by vicoloni(m): 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
SuperSuave:
It's a pity the crave for social media publicity has wiped some people's brain. Someone's father, someone's husband, someone's brother died on a pole and all these ediots could do was to take pictures happily so they could post on the internet later and get cheap likes and publicity which won't even fetch them a kobo. It's a pity. cry

Yet if the poster posts without picture the 'pishure or idonbiliv' pipo will still castigate him.

2 Likes

Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by olapink: 5:59pm On Apr 20, 2017
SuperSuave:
It's a pity the crave for social media publicity has wiped some people's brain. Someone's father, someone's husband, someone's brother died on a pole and all these ediots could do was to take pictures happily so they could post on the internet later and get cheap likes and publicity which won't even fetch them a kobo. It's a pity. cry

if the op ve not posted the news, would u ve seem it to comment? ?? did the op tell u he was looking for likes he was only letting us know what happen. use ur brain o

4 Likes

Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by oyienootieno: 6:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
PHCN.... don't know either to feel sorry or otherwise...
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by SuperSuave(m): 6:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
vicoloni:

Yet if the poster posts without picture the 'pishure or idonbiliv' pipo will still castigate him.
must everything be posted online? Must everything be publicized? I tire o
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by SuperSuave(m): 6:10pm On Apr 20, 2017
olapink:

if the op ve not posted the news, would u ve seem it to comment? ?? did the op tell u he was looking for likes he was only letting us know what happen. use ur brain o
poor construction of grammar, looks like you're not using your own brain. angry

Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by aminu790(m): 6:10pm On Apr 20, 2017
koma yaya ne? Allah sa mu mutu da imani... amen
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by SuperSuave(m): 6:15pm On Apr 20, 2017
izuch:
[s]

What wrong did the op do? Do you expect the op to climb and rescue the electricity official when you and I know he would be ill equipped at that moment and probably not have any training whatsoever to embark on such a rescue mission? From the picture you can see that the person who brought the corpse down is probably trained to climb as you can see from his regalia.
Oga Abeg use your head, if you want to criticise do so constructively.[/s] undecided
birds of the same feather flock together undecided

Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by columbus007(m): 6:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
well, something must kill a man.
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by mrtidy(m): 6:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
SuperSuave:

I wonder how u will quickly and easily hear of it if someone had not taken his time to take photo and share for your blind axx to see!!!

2 Likes

Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
crackerspub:
Hardly do i see electricians die this way on electric poles in a developed country

You're right.

I have a notice attached that my service will be turned off next week for maintenance.

Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by fineboynl(m): 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
I have never seen technicians climbing pole without ladder
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by adamspee(m): 6:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
well from the pictures, the electrician in question may not have followed safety protocol, you can observe that the line he was working on was an LT line ie low tension line (220 volts), if he had isolated the line from the mains source before embarking on repairs or disconnection this would have been averted. well RIP
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by crackerspub: 6:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You're right.

I have a notice attached that my service will be turned off next week for maintenance.

Am in Washington State

1 Like

Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by olapink: 7:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
SuperSuave:
poor construction of grammar, looks like you're not using your own brain. angry
graduate of Harvard university... Mr good grammar... wake up
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by ChiefSweetus: 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2017
ontop 80k/salary. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
SuperSuave:
Would you believe if the picture wasn't posted? Wouldn't you be a doubting Thomas
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by Cityguy: 7:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
Rip. Ideally, there has to be a way of taking life out of these lines when repairs are to be undertaken. A switch from control room or something. So sad this is becoming an everyday occurrence around here.
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by Officialkplus(m): 7:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
divineshare:

what happened to your conscience?
It can't bring back the dead bro...
#yolo..

1 Like

Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by olurebiolusegun(m): 7:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
izuch:

What wrong did the op do? Do you expect the op to climb and rescue the electricity official when you and I know he would be ill equipped at that moment and probably not have any training whatsoever to embark on such a rescue mission? From the picture you can see that the person who brought the corpse down is probably trained to climb as you can see from his regalia.
Oga Abeg use your head, if you want to criticise do so constructively. undecided

good one jere bro. besides that, sharing a post like this will allow the young and fabrant upcoming and professional electrical engineers to be always safety conscious before they embark on any electrical works. things like this mostly happens when an engineer is not safety conscious.

2 Likes

Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2017
crackerspub:
Hardly do i see electricians die this way on electric poles in a developed country

Here in Nigeria its a normal thing

The family of the man should sue the companies ass, but how can they sue the company in Nigeria were the rule of law is upside down

RIP, my the almighty give the family the strength to take the loss.
How? What do think went wrong in the whole saga?
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by Josh1000: 7:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
SuperSuave:

What are you saying, Tell CNN and other News agencies not to snap scenes, Give the OP the benefit of doubt that it wa
s done as a form of journalism and sensitization of the dangers our Electricians and Engineers face.

may the soul of the victim rest in peace

God help our Nation

1 Like

Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by metroid(m): 7:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
izuch:

Oga Abeg use your head, if you want to criticise do so constructively. undecided

I tire ooo...maybe he wants the OP to die too. RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by SuperSuave(m): 7:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
mrtidy:

I wonder how u will quickly and easily hear of it if someone had not taken his time to take photo and share for your blind axx to see!!!
hope the news and photos have given joy to your sad axx now that you've seen them, ode

Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
crackerspub:

Am in Washington State

I'm in Los Angeles but have folks in Seattle.

My employer has offices there but I don't do rain.
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by SuperSuave(m): 7:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Would you believe if the picture wasn't posted? Wouldn't you be a doubting Thomas
I wouldn't have to believe/doubt anything if it wasn't publicized in the first place
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
SuperSuave:
I wouldn't have to believe/doubt anything if it wasn't publicized in the first place
You would doubt it. You would ask for certain evidences
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by Ferdinandu(m): 8:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
SuperSuave:
Don't be so sanctimonious, the guy is already dead, it is not like if they would have done something to save him or they are the ones to bring down the corpse from the pole. It is just unfortunate but life goes on for people still living.
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by Ferdinandu(m): 8:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
SuperSuave:
Don't be so sanctimonious, the guy is already, it is not like if they would have done something to save him or they are the ones to bring down the corpse from the pole. It is just unfortunate but life goes on for people still living. If continue grieving for every dead person you see, you will end all your life in grief.
Re: Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) by Taiwx(m): 8:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
One happened here in Ilorin early Tuesday morning crycry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Windscreen Cleaner In Suit Spotted In Ogun State / Pretty Nigerian Policewoman Arrives Back Home After Peacekeeping Mission. Photos / Nigeria To Disengage 500,000 N-power Beneficiaries ‘soon’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.