Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,602 members, 7,820,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Can An Atheist Sing Naija Anthem (2nd Stanza)? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can An Atheist Sing Naija Anthem (2nd Stanza)? (798 Views)

Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism / What's Your Favourite Christian Hymn? Drop A Stanza / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can An Atheist Sing Naija Anthem (2nd Stanza)? by sofadj(m): 12:44am On Jan 04, 2010
o god of creation,
Re: Can An Atheist Sing Naija Anthem (2nd Stanza)? by ancel(m): 4:52am On Jan 04, 2010
grin grin grin

Good one! cheesy
Re: Can An Atheist Sing Naija Anthem (2nd Stanza)? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2010
[size=13pt]OOooh Nature of Creation. . . .
Direct our noble err. . . .
Guild all our leader's brrr. . . .
la la la lalalalala lA.
Revolution is for real. . . . grin
[/size]
Re: Can An Atheist Sing Naija Anthem (2nd Stanza)? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
ancel: grin grin grin

Good one! cheesy

Really good one. grin grin
Re: Can An Atheist Sing Naija Anthem (2nd Stanza)? by ooman(m): 11:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
The words of the second stanza are prayers. As an atheist, I believe prayer is a waste of time. I will therefore sing the first stanza and call it over. If required to single the second stanza, I will decline and I can decline since am not in the military.
Re: Can An Atheist Sing Naija Anthem (2nd Stanza)? by engrtee(f): 12:13am On Feb 27, 2013
Wat of national pledge , ...SO HELD PE GOD
Re: Can An Atheist Sing Naija Anthem (2nd Stanza)? by Nobody: 1:58am On Feb 27, 2013
engrtee: Wat of national pledge , ...SO HELD PE GOD

So help me *cough*

1 Like

Re: Can An Atheist Sing Naija Anthem (2nd Stanza)? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

So help me *cough*
cough of tuberculosis
Re: Can An Atheist Sing Naija Anthem (2nd Stanza)? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 27, 2013
Segeggs: cough of tuberculosis

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can An Atheist Sing Naija Anthem (2nd Stanza)? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
grin
inurmind:

undecided undecided undecided
grin
Re: Can An Atheist Sing Naija Anthem (2nd Stanza)? by Areaboy2(m): 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2013
sofa-dj:
o god of creation,

when was the last time you ever sang that version of the anthem?

secondly; clearly the foundations of our country was built on values of the colonial masters which was deeply religious at the time. Understandably so as the anthem refers to a vague appeal to an undefined "god" to help us uphold our pledge. If you think properly about it, you'll find plenty holes in your logic

Pretty pointless if you ask me. I can just keep quiet during the pledge or even the entire anthem, and no one will even notice. This doesn't make me any less patriotic than you. So where is the problem?
Do you watch football? how many footballers sing along to their national anthem (that is; hoping they even know it) undecided

Plenty national anthems have this pledge to "god" in them. None of them have bothered to defined the particular god undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is God Partial With His Favours? / Http://www.bibleprobe.com/hells-dominion.htm / Blood On Your Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.