Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Help!!! Computer Files Locked And Held To Ransome By Hackers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help!!! Computer Files Locked And Held To Ransome By Hackers (1362 Views)

Have Never Heard About HACKING, Dont We Have Serious HACKERS ? / Help!!! Computer Science Project / 7 Types Of Hackers You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Computer Files Locked And Held To Ransome By Hackers by stiles009(m): 1:48am On Apr 21, 2017
Hello guys, I am in a serious dilemma. booting my system for the first time this morning, I was greeted with a message which read thus

" All your important files were encrypted on this computer.
You can verify this by click on see files an try open them.
Encryption was produced using unique public key RSA-1024 generated for this computer.
To decrypted files, you need to obtain private key.
The single copy of the private key, with will allow you to decrypt the files, is locate on a secret server on the internet.
The server will destroy the key within 78 hours after encryption completed.
To retrieve the private key, you need to Contact us by email , send us an email your DECRYPT-ID-29b5a3d0-c66f-4724-b5d1-322f92867f0e number
and wait for further instructions.
For you to be sure, that we can decrypt your files - you can send us a single encrypted file and we will send you back it in a decrypted form.
Please do not waste your time! You have 72 hours only! After that The Main Server will double your price!
E-MAILS ADRESS:
Poul.back@techie.com
poul.back@india.com"

also, all my files (music, videos, document, pictures, name it) have been encrypted to an extension of ".MOLE" and non seems to be opening no matter how much I tried opening it with the exception of already installed programs.

any help to unlock my files would be highly welcome.

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Help!!! Computer Files Locked And Held To Ransome By Hackers by redcliff: 3:20am On Apr 21, 2017
Lol. The question we should first ask you is where did you go with your computer over the internet? I used to think these things were fake. It happened to me from my browser but somehow i managed to close the task on task manager. I would advise you never to pay any money to anybody as you would lose double... restart your system in safe mode and see if there is anytbing you can collect from the system thats inportant then format...your best option.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Computer Files Locked And Held To Ransome By Hackers by hopeforcharles(m): 6:05am On Apr 21, 2017
I used to think it's fake too, but loo and behold it's real. Just try accessing thru that safe mode or better still wipe the F out of the computer and start a fresh. Good luck
Re: Help!!! Computer Files Locked And Held To Ransome By Hackers by pseudonomer: 8:19am On Apr 21, 2017
stiles009:
Hello guys, I am in a serious dilemma. booting my system for the first time this morning, I was greeted with a message which read thus

" All your important files were encrypted on this computer.
You can verify this by click on see files an try open them.

Encryption was produced using unique public key RSA-1024 generated for this computer.
To decrypted files, you need to obtain private key.
The single copy of the private key, with will allow you to decrypt the files, is locate on a secret server on the internet.
The server will destroy the key within 78 hours after encryption completed.
To retrieve the private key, you need to Contact us by email , send us an email your DECRYPT-ID-29b5a3d0-c66f-4724-b5d1-322f92867f0e number
and wait for further instructions.
For you to be sure, that we can decrypt your files - you can send us a single encrypted file and we will send you back it in a decrypted form.
Please do not waste your time! You have 72 hours only! After that The Main Server will double your price!
E-MAILS ADRESS:
Poul.back@techie.com
poul.back@india.com"

also, all my files (music, videos, document, pictures, name it) have been encrypted to an extension of ".MOLE" and non seems to be opening no matter how much I tried opening it with the exception of already installed programs.

any help to unlock my files would be highly welcome.

cc: lalasticlala

Nothing you can do.... If it is really encrypted. Pay the hacker to give you the keys... Or lose your data.

Next time, don't open PDF file from a source you don't trust. It's so easy to spread ransomware these days.

Go to darknet sites like alphabay you will know these stuffs are real.
Re: Help!!! Computer Files Locked And Held To Ransome By Hackers by Ore000: 11:10am On Apr 21, 2017
contact DSS Let them be useful or any good tech company that will decrypt your files. If everything fails, format. I hope you made backups on the cloud skydrive etc
Re: Help!!! Computer Files Locked And Held To Ransome By Hackers by kingsbig2001(m): 1:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
bro ransomware is no joke, i tested one on my lab sometime ago and seriously it doesnt seem you can decrypt anything without the builder id

(1) (Reply)

An Indigenous I.T Company Needs Urgent Investment For Expansion / Who Has Books On Python Programming Hard Copy For Sale / I Need Contributors And Developers To Create An Altcoin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.