Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

How Do I Find God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Find God? (942 Views)

I Need To Find God And Get Answers To My Prayers. / Places You Won't Find God / Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Find God? by mavrodi(m): 6:47am On Apr 21, 2017
My quest for God has taken me far and wide, yet still i feel so empty, so "God empty"
Some one who has truly found God should tell me how to go about finding him!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Find God? by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 21, 2017
pray and read your bible, there is this wholeness and peace of mind you get when you find God, you must necessarily see him though but you will feel his presence.
Re: How Do I Find God? by zionmade(m): 8:24am On Apr 21, 2017
U need to join a good church and be committed. U may not have to give ur entire time to d church. But d Church would help u grow a lot if u get committed to one dat teaches spiritual growth rather dan d church dat only binds and destroys all d devil in d world
Second is ur personal relationship with God. U can grow that by setting out a particular time frame for prayers, praise and study of God's word. At least 45mins each day can do a lot good

I found God at a very young age, i have seen wat God can make out of a man who truly trusts in him. There were times i was all left alone, God was always encouraging me. Sometimes I look back i cant even explain how i got here. God is truly a loving father and friend.
I am one of those in d world dat would choose death rather being separated from dis relationship i have with God

So my advice God is always very close to u. Just hook up to him
Re: How Do I Find God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:29am On Apr 21, 2017
you can find god by pretending you've found god, that's how its done

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Find God? by correctguy101(m): 9:33am On Apr 21, 2017
And what would you say is your reason for trying to find God?
Answer that, it'll help in your quest.
Re: How Do I Find God? by An2elect2(f): 10:20am On Apr 21, 2017
mavrodi:
My quest for God has taken me far and wide, yet still i feel so empty, so "God empty"
Why are you searching for Him?
Re: How Do I Find God? by Niflheim(m): 10:54am On Apr 21, 2017
@op,

AUTO-THEIST: If you are seeking god, look in the mirror!!!

PANTHEIST: If you are searching for god, look onto "Nature", for he who has observed nature, has observed god!!!

PINK: God is a DJ!!!

ANTHROPOTHEIST: "God" is nothing more than a cave man's description of the great men of old!!! Hercules was just a strong wrestler from ancient Greece!!! Zeus was a King who lived on the mountain!!!

AGNOSTIC: Me no sabi anytin ooohhhh!!!

IGTHEIST: We cannot even begin to discuss a god, when we do not even have a universal description of what a god is supposed to be!!!

ARBOROLATRIST: God is a mango tree

WORSHIPPERS OF "KARNI MATA": God is a rat!!!

IGNICOLIST: God is the "sacred fire"

ATHEIST: God is a projection of the most "demented epiphany of epilepsy", a hideous and haunting hallucination, a product of the marriage between a nincompoop's nightmare and a foolish fabricated fairytale!!!
Re: How Do I Find God? by ifenes(m): 11:09am On Apr 21, 2017
mavrodi:

Inside you lies the guy you are looking for. Anything out there, churches, pastors, bible are all illusion. The God/your true self has been with you and it's you all along.

Basically you are trying to find yourself.

The only way to find "God" is to be yourself, be comfortable in your own skin, know that you are unique and no one can be like you. Start doing things that you find easiest to do, exciting,gives you joy and you will find your true identity and purpose in life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Find God? by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:24am On Apr 21, 2017
No one has found God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Find God? by orisa37: 11:27am On Apr 21, 2017
mavrodi:

Prayer is The Key. Pray always with all your Heart, Soul, Mind and Body(Strength). And you will surely see God.
Re: How Do I Find God? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
mavrodi:
Which God exactly?? Krishna, Yhwh, Thor grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Find God? by hahn(m): 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2017
mavrodi:

Look in the mirror

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Find God? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2017
mavrodi:

Brother,
It depends on what you are looking for? Have you "boxed" up God to what you think He should be?
Sometimes the answer is right there in front of us...but we fail to see it...(perhaps cause we don't want to).
Doubting (as I've experienced) won't bring answers. It will only bring to you what you subconsciously already believe in your heart.
Trust me brother...if you truly want Him, He will show Himself strong and mighty. He wants you more than you want Him....and is waiting for you to fully surrender.
Empty you heart....cry out (and I mean really and sincerely cry out) to Him and tell Him you need Him to show up in your life in a powerful way..and see if He doesn't do that smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do I Find God? by twosquare(m): 4:34pm On Apr 21, 2017
mavrodi:
You can find Him by the leading of the Spirit and the guidance of the Scripture.
Re: How Do I Find God? by brandonobi(m): 7:06pm On Apr 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
you can find god by pretending you've found god, that's how its done
chai!!

(1) (Reply)

“giving In The Church Does Not Bring Additional Money To You,pastor Tells Church / Is There A Thing Such As Luck, Does Luck Exist? / Pastors Who Dedicated Linda Ikeji's Child Don't Have This Portion In Their Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.