Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,457 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Wole Soyinka, Amosun At African Drums Festival - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Wole Soyinka, Amosun At African Drums Festival (19091 Views)

Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? / Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Of Ife In Cheerful Mood At 50th Birthday Of Olu Of Ilaro(p / 2017 African Drums Festival In Abeokuta, Ogun State (Live Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Wole Soyinka, Amosun At African Drums Festival by maxysmith(f): 1:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
yes he did ......i watched it.....but u knw d man nd English re like 5&6
Criticize001:
I hope Wole Soyinka spoke Yoruba there? Cuz I didn't watch that part on channels
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Wole Soyinka, Amosun At African Drums Festival by xnsandrxns: 1:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
Give it up for the beautiful people of the great Yoruba nation

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Wole Soyinka, Amosun At African Drums Festival by metallisc(m): 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2017
kennygee:

Just learning of her o.

That's really cool.

believe it or not, that babe with drum used to be very agile and fit.. now she looks like a sack of 50kg groundnut.
it's a shame most nigerian artistes don't know how to stay in shape for the sake of their art and performance. she used to look so cool drumming and performing on stage, now she is fat and looks so out of place and uninteresting doing the drum thing.

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Wole Soyinka, Amosun At African Drums Festival by metallisc(m): 1:38pm On Apr 21, 2017
claremont:
Ara has really put on weight since I saw her years ago, nice to know she can still handle the drums. She is arguably the best female drummer in Africa. Wole Soyinka is always looking very simple, an epitome of humility. The picture of the looter from Bayelsa made me spill my coffee.

about ara... check the post ontop of this one! cool cool
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Wole Soyinka, Amosun At African Drums Festival by Bakrabas: 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2017
From what you wrote I can only see that you are suffering from historical hemispherectomy... If not why would you use Afonja a disowned Oyo worrior during reign of Oyo Empire to qualify the Yoruba race

What a national nonsense...

uglyafonja:
Afonjas are here celebrating drum festivals....While their brothers and sisters are in Oshogbo IDP camp...
Their brothers and sisters are busy mining human skulls in Abeokuta and ijebu ode..
Their brothers and sisters are at the street begging 2 cup of rice in ado ekiti....
The brown roof dilapidated buildings are falling on top of the occupant in Ibadan, and rendering people homeless..
Their brothers and sisters are protesting everyday in akure for salary...
The governor of Lagos state are throwing their brothers and sisters into the lagoon with their property... and they are here celebrating drum festival..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Wole Soyinka, Amosun At African Drums Festival by proudlyYoruba(m): 7:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
uglyafonja:
Afonjas are here celebrating drum festivals....While their brothers and sisters are in Oshogbo IDP camp...
Their brothers and sisters are busy mining human skulls in Abeokuta and ijebu ode..
Their brothers and sisters are at the street begging 2 cup of rice in ado ekiti....
The brown roof dilapidated buildings are falling on top of the occupant in Ibadan, and rendering people homeless..
The governor of Lagos state are throwing their brothers and sisters into the lagoon with their property... and they are here celebrating drum festival..
you are just pained. no more no less
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Wole Soyinka, Amosun At African Drums Festival by hoMegas(m): 1:31am On Apr 22, 2017
maxiuc:
Afonja gathering

where is my ogene boys group make we disturb dis thread small
you don't have a brain fleaboe idiot
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Wole Soyinka, Amosun At African Drums Festival by hoMegas(m): 1:33am On Apr 22, 2017
uglyafonja:
you come from the most pernicious and backwards dog eating tribe in Nigeria. Pls tell your fellow fleaboe flat headed brothers to leave Lagos. Their mere odor causes global warming
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Wole Soyinka, Amosun At African Drums Festival by femi4: 7:54am On Apr 22, 2017
kennygee:
That woman beating the drums is so beautiful.
Thats Ara

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Receives Wole Soyinka (Photos) / Prince Sadiku Bayero Set To Wed (Photos) / Who Is Lady Koi Koi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.