Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Most Popular Premier League Team In Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Most Popular Premier League Team In Nigeria (626 Views)

Nigeria Is Worst Dressed Team In Beijing / Which Premier League Team Will Be The First To Beat Chelsea This Season? / Which Of Last Season's Top 4 Premier League Team Has The Toughest Start? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Most Popular Premier League Team In Nigeria by TheGooner: 3:23am On Jan 04, 2010
Hi Guys!

I'm interested to know who do you think is the Most Popular Premier League Team in Nigeria.

I have Nigerian friends here in Ireland who say its definitely Arsenal.

Through the years Arsenal have had a large connection with Nigeria and Africa with Kanu, Adebayor (who is of Nigerian decent), and we have the very promosing Chukwuemeka Aneke, who is also of Nigerian decent. Then we have the West African connection with players like Patrick Vieira (Born in Senegal), Emmanuel Eboue (Ivory Coast), Alex Song (Cameroon), Lauren (Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea origin), Quincy Owusu-Abeyie (Ghana), Armand Traore (Senegalese decent), Bacary Sagna (Senegalese decent), Johan Djourou (born Ivory Coast), Abou Diaby (Ivory Coast decent), Lasanna Diarra (Malian decent) the list is very big.

Then we have had large numbers of Black players since Brendan Batson in the in the 1970's to David Rocastle and co in the 80's and 90's, to Ian Wright, Sol Campbell, Mikael Silvestre, William Gallas.

Theres is no team that can compete with Arsenal regarding the diversity of our players through the years which I'm very proud of.

So, back to the question, who do you think is Most Popular Premier League Team in Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Goal 4 Egypt / Should We Still Employ The Mozambique Coach? / Yobo: I Am Medically Fit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.