Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Your Wedding - Your Parents Guest List Or Your Guest List? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Your Wedding - Your Parents Guest List Or Your Guest List? (2214 Views)

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / Trimming Your Wedding Guest List / Your Wedding… Your Day…. Your Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Wedding - Your Parents Guest List Or Your Guest List? by Gabry(f): 4:28am On Jan 04, 2010
Lets say its your wedding and you have tons of friends and also your parents have tons of friends and you cannot invite all of them cause he cost a bomb and also the hall will not fit all.

So will you tell your parents that because its your wedding, you want to invite all your friends and tell them not to invite their friends or would you rather tell your friends that you cannot invite them cause your parents will be inviting their friends instead. Parents can be very sensitive on this issue. I know mine are.

So for you what will you do?
Re: Your Wedding - Your Parents Guest List Or Your Guest List? by Sissy3(f): 4:36am On Jan 04, 2010
compromise with the them i'd say. since there is limited space, invite those who mean the most to you and your family not just anyone you call friend" or your parents call "friends". and dont let your parents overshadow your decision, always bear in mind, its your wedding not theirs. its a time for you to take the wheel

longest time shocked shocked how are you ma little sis kiss
Re: Your Wedding - Your Parents Guest List Or Your Guest List? by Gabry(f): 6:24am On Jan 04, 2010
Sisssssssssyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin kiss kiss WIA HAVE YOU BEEN?! angry

i miss you die ooo cry cry cry
Re: Your Wedding - Your Parents Guest List Or Your Guest List? by mamagee3(f): 8:00pm On Jan 04, 2010
I'll have to reduce the number of people my parents invited. tongue
Re: Your Wedding - Your Parents Guest List Or Your Guest List? by Omolulu(m): 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2010
parent and couple should call their closest people, it's the parent's day of joy as well as the couple
Re: Your Wedding - Your Parents Guest List Or Your Guest List? by latch(m): 11:31pm On Jan 05, 2010
Of course there'll be a mix, so I suppose youre talking about who has the higher percentage.

Obviously this'll depend on whose sponsoring your wedding. If its the parents it only makes sense to respect their wishes. Then again, if you need to recover your wedding costs, then parents friends would be rather important.
Re: Your Wedding - Your Parents Guest List Or Your Guest List? by Gabry(f): 12:03am On Jan 06, 2010
latch:

Of course there'll be a mix, so I suppose youre talking about who has the higher percentage.

Obviously this'll depend on whose sponsoring your wedding. If its the parents it only makes sense to respect their wishes. Then again, if you need to recover your wedding costs, then parents friends would be rather important.

I love this answer.

------------------------------------------------

Guys, thanks for your contribution. My sister had this problem when it was her wedding day. My parents paid for the whole wedding and they wanted to invite all of their friends thiking that it would be bettercause they give big money bu my sister insist to invite all hr friends cause she said its her wedding day and not theres. So both wee stubborn and both didnt want to not invite all thatthey have wrote in on their list.It was tough!
Re: Your Wedding - Your Parents Guest List Or Your Guest List? by Sissy3(f): 12:20am On Jan 07, 2010
Gabry:

Sisssssssssyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin kiss kiss WIA HAVE YOU BEEN?! angry

i miss you die ooo cry cry cry

am fine ma sis. kiss kiss

latch:

[b]Obviously this'll depend on whose sponsoring your wedding. If its the parents it only makes sense to respect their wishes. [/b]Then again, if you need to recover your wedding costs, then parents friends would be rather important.

it doesnt matter IMO. just becos your parents are sponsoring the wedding doesnt give them authority to dictate what gets done or not. its her wedding. she still have a say. since there is limited space on the invite list, i believe still she should compromise with her parents on the number of people to invite

(1) (Reply)

How Can One Organize A Beach Wedding In Nigeria. / R&k Decor: The Best Event Decorators In Town / Let Style Your Bridal Hair For Your Wedding...... Hairbyuj Is For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.