Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? (4630 Views)

There Is Nothing Called The North — Abaribe / FFK Reacted To An Hausa Man That Called The Yorubas Slaves / This Is What Nigeria Looks Like To Me, As The Giant Of Africa. Just One Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:38am On Apr 22, 2017
Rosskii:

You guess. Keep guessing, while I show you the truth.

Indians Poorer than Africans, new research shows:

http://www.primepost.in/more-poor-in-india-than-africa/

I'm out now, when I get back, I would definitely retort.
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 22, 2017
Nigerians are probably the only people who say this, I've always just put it down to it being the most populous country in Africa

3 Likes

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Ikechu10: 3:21am On Apr 22, 2017
Rosskii:
Is anyone still contesting Nigeria's position as the Giant of Africa?

Here are the Facts.

1 Now approaching 200 million, Nigeria is Africa's most populous nation, and the 7th most populous country on earth after China, India, the United States, Indonesia, Brazil, and Pakistan.

2 Africa's largest economy with an annual GDP of $540 billion.

3 The nation with the highest number of university educated professionals in Africa.

4 The largest middle class on the African continent.

5 The largest and most successful film and multimedia industry in Africa, and the third largest on earth.

6 The Entertainment capital of Africa

7 The Music capital of Africa, producing more globally acclaimed artistes than the rest of Africa combined.

8 The Fashion capital of Africa. Designs by Nigerians are stocked in major fashion outlets across the world.

9 The most developed oil and gas industry in Africa.

10 The most extensive road transport network in Africa.

11 The telecoms capital of Africa, with over 110 million mobile phone accounts.

12 The largest Internet connectivity levels in Africa with a projected 84 million active internet users by 2018

13 Africa's agricultural giant. ''Agriculture is Africa’s largest economic sector, representing 15 percent of the continent’s total GDP, or more than $100 billion annually. It is highly concentrated, with Egypt and Nigeria alone accounting for one-third of total agricultural output''

http://www.mckinsey.com/global-themes/middle-east-and-africa/africas-path-to-growth-sector-by-sector

14 According to Wikipedia, ''Nigeria is considered to be an emerging market by the World Bank. It has been identified as a regional power on the African continent, a middle power in international affairs, and has also been identified as an emerging global power. Nigeria is a member of the MINT group of countries, which are widely seen as the globe's next "BRIC-like" economies. It is also listed among the "Next Eleven" economies set to become among the biggest in the world.''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria

Why are you lying to yourself.

Nigeria is a joke. Nigeria is a giant by mouth that's all.

3 Likes

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by TheStronghold: 4:34am On Apr 22, 2017
Ikechu10:

Why are you lying to yourself.

Nigeria is a joke. Nigeria is a giant by mouth that's all.
you didn't dispute his facts though. You made a statement that is just false.

2 Likes

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by junketer(m): 5:40am On Apr 22, 2017
Guys stop replying that rossiki of a person. I have seen that he becomes stupid whenever this kind of issue is being discussed especially against south africa. For the record, nigeria is no giant.

2 Likes

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by MduZA: 6:47am On Apr 22, 2017
junketer:
Guys stop replying that rossiki of a person. I have seen that he becomes stupid whenever this kind of issue is being discussed especially against south africa. For the record, nigeria is no giant.

spot on

He deliberately removed the letter 'S' on BRICS countries which makes his entire write up a fallacy
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by juman(m): 7:13am On Apr 22, 2017
Dedetwo:
Fraudulent!!!
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by juman(m): 7:16am On Apr 22, 2017
The country only problem is always have senseless "leaders".

This country need another sensible government to move it forward.
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Adabite(m): 8:04am On Apr 22, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:

Just give it a rest, please!!!!!

Ordinary electricity you don't have. How many megawatts of power are you producing? 4000mw? Big freaking joke.

200 million you say? With most living on a dollar a day. Most are illiterate.

What exactly is middle class in Nigeria, when official official minimum wage is N18, 000. Just how well off are these so called "middle class"?

I can't cut through all your points right now, but dude, give it a rest.

With your points bro, if Nigeria can still be referred to as the giant of Africa, then I Wonder How Other Africa Countries Will Be.
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by GrandGarcon: 8:31am On Apr 22, 2017
EVarn:
1.Biggest population(dont say it doesnt matter,it actually matters a lot if properly harnessed).
2.Biggest GDP in Africa.
3.Biggest and most advanced Telecommunications and Banking sectors in Africa.
4.Biggest black democracy in the world,with the biggest political parties in Africa.
And so on....
This is not to say we dont have a lot to improve on.
Biggest and most advanced what? for which planet? Abeg go a have a seat.

2 Likes

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by GrandGarcon: 8:36am On Apr 22, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:

A rising giant That's a new one, more like a sleeping giant.

India may have issues, but I highly doubt they have miserable issues such as ours. I need to research their power production, but I think they are even already a nuclear power, so obviously they are taking the right steps and following through, I guess.

In Nigeria, people don't follow through. Civil servants don't follow through and the government hardly ever follows through.

So how do you awake a sleeping giant that has been inebriated by sloth and other vices?

Definitely not by cuddling and pampering, which is exactly what you're doing. We require the shocking truth at all times. Shock therapy.

Does that fool know that Tata an Indian company owns 13% of BMW? Does he know that the same Tata owns Range Rover? A Luxury and expensive car brand? Nigerians have what's called Delusions of grandeur.

5 Likes

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by walemoney007(m): 10:08am On Apr 22, 2017
Litmus:

Christ, see where minds lurk. Guy, if people like you commit suicide, Nigeria will quickly become Super Giant of Africa. The nation needs to shed loads...
let your family first commit suicide fuvktard
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by lokoloko84(m): 12:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
walemoney007:
who is this son of a smelling b1tch sef,nigeria is only a giant because of its population,Nigeria is one of the most under develop country in Africa...if you want to kill yourself you are free.
countries like Kenya,South Africa,Rwanda are better than nigeria.now go and k1ll yourself if e pain you grin
Don't mind that guy.Rwanda who fought a brutal civil war twenty three years ago is one of the fastest growing economy in the world with basic infrastructures being upgraded and provided. Though, she is still poor but you know where she will be within the next decade and the capital is even the best in Africa.
Nigeria is a useless country filled with lousy and noisy individuals.

3 Likes

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by ak47mann(m): 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2017
Can a sane person open his or her mouth in the mist of foreigners and be proud of Nigeria?this is reason they laugh at Nigeria because they are very far from reality.No common basic infrastructure,people living on less than 1dollar a day,life expectancy 30 years I guess cool

2 Likes

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Litmus: 1:37pm On Apr 22, 2017
Adabite:

With your points bro, if Nigeria can still be referred to as the giant of Africa, then I Wonder How Other Africa Countries Will Be.

They need to be recognised first. Few outside Africa recognise many of these African nations, mate. Those are dirtbag, begging and needy places for all they care. Nigeria is mostly all the international community know. We take the blame for all thire crap as well as ours.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Replies Dambazzua, Slams Media For Lies Aganst Him / Aisha Yesufu Seems To Be Regretting Attacking Nnamdi Kanu - See Her Twits / JUST IN!!! Sefer Torah In Igboland: Eze Eri Receives Shiviti From Israel (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.