Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,366 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Very Itchy! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Very Itchy! (1153 Views)

Help For Itchy Arm-pits / Itchy Eyes (optician In The House) / Itchy Nipples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Very Itchy! by AnimeAngel: 11:49am On Jan 04, 2010
since all my chicken pox spots have come out, (got LOADS yesterday) i have started blistering, woke at about 3 or 4am thismorning to an itchy feeling on my chest ofcourse being me i scratched angry
since then more and more spots keep appearing but omg! SO ITCHY!!!! sad i cannot stop scratching myself *itches* i really need to stop but i just cant it feels good to scratch but then it just hurts! how do i deal with this terrible itching??! has anyone else experienced severe itching with ur pox if you've had it? if so how did you deal with it! please help i'm so miserable cry
Re: Very Itchy! by agathamari(f): 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2010
first thing is stop scratching youll give yourself a skin infection. get calamine lotion at the pharmacy and put it on. best thing every fro chicken pox. lotions with oatmeal in them are also good as are oatmeal baths. your just going to have to wait for it to heal on its own. you can try an over teh counter antihystamine to take the edge off but wont always help. cold compresses help as well
Re: Very Itchy! by Sissy3(f): 2:03am On Jan 07, 2010
try as much to resist the itch to scratch the blisters might/will pop and leave scars to help with the itching, any of the ffs will help

get calamine lotion and put on it

take an oatmeal bath. look for oatmeal soap, like aveeno Colloidal Oatmeal soap or make your own.very effective

Benadryl Itch Stopping Cream

get any Hydrocortizone Anti-Itch Cream

get a prescription of Oral Antihistamines

get a prescription strength anti-itch cream/lotion

cut your fingernails short if you must scratch

finally do try to protect the people around you, especially kids and pregnant women remember chickenpox is contagious especially during first few days and until the all the blisters are crusted.
Re: Very Itchy! by PortHarcourtcit(m): 5:23pm On May 01, 2022
606thearena, inbox me and I will tell you the truth and the right thing to do...
Re: Very Itchy! by Restroom: 8:21am On May 02, 2022
Blend garlic,ginger, cinnamon,turmeric, cloves and alligator pepper , and be drinking on empty stomach...first in morning n at night.....pour some portion in ur bath water before bath

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Save A Life,he Needs Kidney Transplant (5 Days To Go) / 7 Habits That Could Lead To Infertility In Men / Negative EFFECT Of Air Conditioning' Must Read!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.