Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,603 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Emir Sanusi Tweet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi Tweet (573 Views)

Emir Sanusi Accepts Ganduje’s Council Of Chiefs Chairmanship Appointment / El-Rufai, Ganduje And Emir Sanusi Receive Okorocha In Kano / Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Sanusi Tweet by okefunsho41(m): 1:50am On Apr 22, 2017
EMIR OF KANO SPEAKING
I was not surprised when Jonathan suspended me. I was not afraid to blow the whistle on the missing $20 billion because I know I won't be CBN Governor forever. Because I knew power was transient, I chose to speak the truth, no matter the consequences. Some were afraid to speak out against evil because they were afraid of losing their jobs.
All the people they were afraid of years ago, where are they today? For those who are still in power, remember that it is transient. I would never consult praise singers in my palace who tells me I will rule forever on serious issues.
If you want to be a true Nigerian, tell the present government where they are going wrong. Those who loot public funds and steal the commonwealth forget that there is a limit to the amount of food they can eat any given time; that they can only ride in one car at at a time even if they have a fleet of cars, and can only sleep in one bed even if they have so many houses.
Recalling his exit from the CBN, he said: At the end of the day, this job, Central Bank, I'd leave it someday. I could die, or my tenure expires, or I'd be sacked. I had no control over it. But I have control over how I live.
I wasn't surprised about my suspension; I knew it would happen, because I had been asked to resign, and I said no. I was not going to make it easy for anyone. My answer was simple. You asked me to resign for telling you money has been stolen. Ask the minister to resign first.
He said fear holds those in government from speaking truth to power. You forget that the person, either the president or the governor, is also occupying a transient position. All the people that people were afraid of two, three years ago, where are they today?
Power is transient. The only thing that's permanent is what you do for people when you were alive. It does not matter how much you have; you will be remembered for service, not the amount of money you have that you cannot even announce.
-Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.
Emir of Kano & former CBN Governor.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Tweet by Nobody: 1:58am On Apr 22, 2017
Na true talk be that.
Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity.
Re: Emir Sanusi Tweet by joseo: 4:09am On Apr 22, 2017
I wish does with this so-called power not only think like this but also behave this way and make their decisions minding this fact....
Re: Emir Sanusi Tweet by BlackDBagba: 4:25am On Apr 22, 2017
Ok
Re: Emir Sanusi Tweet by Atiku2019: 4:26am On Apr 22, 2017
Emir Sanusi is not on any social media
Re: Emir Sanusi Tweet by vincent10(m): 6:15am On Apr 22, 2017
But the emir denied his social media accounts.
Re: Emir Sanusi Tweet by Ahmadgani(m): 6:25am On Apr 22, 2017
U NEED TO BE PROBED ALSO

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Senate Steps Down Bill To Establish Peace Corps / Okorocha: I Have Forgiven Lgbo Leaders Taunting Me For Joining APC / Read What Nwodo, Ohaneze President Said At Biafra @50 Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.