Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location (17591 Views)

Take A Screenshot Of Your Music Player And Share With Others / Unlock Your 4g Spectranet, Swift And Mtn 4glte / How To Know If Your 4G LTE Phone Supports Any Of The Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:40am On Apr 23, 2017
nkemma54:
Every data provider seems to be spreading hype about their 4G coverage. It has come to my understanding that most of their claims are fabricated lies to have the masses purchase their services.

The only genuine service seems to be ntel (showcasing their amazing 4G coverage map),

Image credit: Stanley08 on Ntel 4G

Loooool.

I see. Tecno style marketing grin grin grin

Una Don see where dem dey hide Belle, come hide the result?

Gbèsè lo má end eh

3 Likes

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 23, 2017

1 Like

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by okonja(m): 7:43am On Apr 23, 2017
Ntel used to be fast BUT it is no more today. They are no more unlimited like they claimed, what they do now is just offer enough data on their plans OR How can you claim to be unlimited service provider and your monthly plan is capped at 3GB daily usage, that's literally 90GB in a month and it's NOT unlimited

5 Likes

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 23, 2017
Mtn abuja

1 Like

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by Zacky40: 7:45am On Apr 23, 2017
directonpc:
Maybe 10 years from now we will get 4G in Benue.
Lol
Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by YOMZE(m): 7:46am On Apr 23, 2017
Swift service aint to bad this morning at Shangisha, Magodo Lagos. Though service was flunctuating ystnyt

1 Like

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by nkemma54(m): 7:49am On Apr 23, 2017
alt3r3g0:

This pics is misleading..Ntel is nowhere near that today. Put a date so that innocent peeps dont fall victim. That pics is from may 2016 and as the saying goes "i get am before nor be property" angry

Put your own test and not someone elses own.

True. I should've included the date! But not all users on the thread complained of slow data speeds. That's another reason i have credit to the owner of the image.
Yet to get 4G signal in my area, Ikorodu. Believed glo hype until i saw twas just story telling

That's why this thread exists. Showcase your 4G signal strength and location! Help fellow Nigerians in choosing a good 4G data provider in their area
Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by nkemma54(m): 7:50am On Apr 23, 2017
okonja:
Ntel used to be fast BUT it is no more today. They are no more unlimited like they claimed, what they do now is just offer enough data on their plans OR How can you claim to be unlimited service provider and your monthly plan is capped at 3GB daily usage, that's literally 90GB in a month and it's NOT unlimited
Thanks for the ntel update. Abeg wetin be your location?
Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by modsfucker: 7:51am On Apr 23, 2017
Deeypeey:
Like play like play...3G don dey bcum a thing of the past in Nigeria...
whr does that leave ppl like me...who are still flexing and repping the 3G network? cry

Guy come to Abuja, even the 3G is not steady, it fluctuates. That city has turned to Federal Caricature Territory. Even Sun is more consistent than light in Abuja. They've placed most of us on night plan, it comes around 3am at night and goes by dawn.

3 Likes

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by nkemma54(m): 7:53am On Apr 23, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Loooool.

I see. Tecno style marketing grin grin grin

Una Don see where dem dey hide Belle, come hide the result?

Gbèsè lo má end eh

Lol. Abeg bros na the tin wey i like bout them. Other networks too should have something like that.

1 Like

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by nkemma54(m): 7:53am On Apr 23, 2017
abhosts:
If Ntel is that Fast, how com many of their users complain of slow speeds?

Here is my MTN 4G Screenshot:

Bros your location pls
Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by nkemma54(m): 7:54am On Apr 23, 2017
Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by nkemma54(m): 7:56am On Apr 23, 2017
okonja:

If you want to test n showcase your speed for real, goto www.fast.com now, screenshot, quote me and upload your result, otherwise you are an Ntel staff trying to pacify angry customers suffering from the fair usage policy.

Below were the screenshots of the result I got after exceeding the daily threshold yesterday and mistakenly restarted the router....the second result was after 12am angry

Abeg o. I no be staff.
Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by slimderek(m): 7:57am On Apr 23, 2017
Glo 4G Benin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by nkemma54(m): 7:58am On Apr 23, 2017
slimderek:
Glo 4G Benin

shocked

2 Likes

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by okonja(m): 8:03am On Apr 23, 2017
nkemma54:

Abeg o. I no be staff.

Okay...goto fast.com and screenshot the result you get then upload it here angry
Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by alt3r3g0: 8:03am On Apr 23, 2017
obo389:
MTN, with their 4G hype, all lies.
currently displaying 2G on my phone.

It means you are actually on 2G at the moment (Unless you put your phone on 4G only, it will be on 4G and 2G so you can still receive calls).

When you are on 4G you will feel the difference with MTN. Not like other networks that you will be seeing 4G, and getting snail speeds.

MTN seems to be the fastest and most reliable (very minimal downtimes or complaints) when you are actually on 4G.

4 Likes

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by okonja(m): 8:06am On Apr 23, 2017
nkemma54:

Thanks for the ntel update. Abeg wetin be your location?

Just exact way they used to reply when one complains angry angry.... You are definitely a staff cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by alt3r3g0: 8:09am On Apr 23, 2017
nkemma54:

Abeg o. I no be staff.

Admit it. You be staff. Opened a biased thread praising Ntel of all people and shaming other better networks, asked everyone to upload current pics while you went to a thread that Ntel is largely condemmed in recent times(you intentionally overlooked the complaints and plenty other pics there) to take a picture that will promote your false agenda...and on a sunday for that matter. OP fear God na.

8 Likes

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by JandyJ(m): 8:09am On Apr 23, 2017
ibietela2:
I don't even think we have 4G in this country.... What we have is an advanced 3G.

4G and your network speed 90kb/seconds

Oga, We Are Just Being Deceived. To Me There Is Nothing Like 4g In Nigeria, Imagine 4g Network With 55kbps Speed Some With 10mbps Speed Wen Real 4g Is Supposed To Be 100mbps Upward, This Country Na Failure.

4 Likes

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by Boss13: 8:11am On Apr 23, 2017
Ntel is crap. The network is slow. It cannot open Netflix. I complained consistently and stopped paying. Frequent downtime and snail like speed. I don't know what is wrong with them, but I have moved on.

MTN Hynet for now seems to be the best but it's expensive and they cap the speed

3 Likes

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 23, 2017
abhosts:
If Ntel is that Fast, how com many of their users complain of slow speeds?

Here is my MTN 4G Screenshot:

thank you i use ntel router and as i speak to you i am getting less than 100kbps, i have to use Glo 4G as backup

1 Like

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by ibietela2(m): 8:19am On Apr 23, 2017
Spectranet PHC

1 Like

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by TheLogicalMind(m): 8:20am On Apr 23, 2017
lexrichy:
I have alcatel pop 4 plus for sale, works with all 4g networks including glo 4g.
Comes with 2gig ram 16gig rom snapdragon processor. Price is 48k.location is benin.

Does Alcatel Pop 4+ really have 4g lte Band 28 (Glo 4g)? I looked it up on Gsmarena and the specs did not show Band 28.
Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by nkemma54(m): 8:20am On Apr 23, 2017
To clarify a quick widespread suspicion by some NLers, I'm not an ntel staff. My other threads can assure you of that.
Currently on glo, using a 4G sim and 4G phone with their b28, but still can't find 4G in my location. Their 3G sucks too.
Used mtn, but didn't get 4G either.
Why una wan kill the messenger? Abeg showcase your 4G signal strength and location. Help others in choosing an actual 4G data provided in their area.
Make una think of this as a poll.
And as regards the image i uploaded showcasing ntels speed, it seems their speed had throttled down. At least it better than inexistent glo, except that guy from benin (e b like sey i go move go there sef grin)

1 Like

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by okonja(m): 8:21am On Apr 23, 2017
When the going was good with NTEL as at 2016, I unofficially marketed them like craze right here in Abuja, NOW that the network is sh.it, I am not gonna be tired in letting people know.

1 Like

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2017
okonja:

If you want to test n showcase your speed for real, goto www.fast.com now, screenshot, quote me and upload your result, otherwise you are an Ntel staff trying to pacify angry customers suffering from the fair usage policy.

Below were the screenshots of the result I got after exceeding the daily threshold yesterday and mistakenly restarted the router....the second result was after 12am angry

its pathetic. very very slow see mine below this morning

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by Naijaepic: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2017
Ntel network, Kubwa
The network can be crap as you can see. It has been like this in the last almost two weeks now. They even dash me the current in compensation for the bad services in the previous week.

nkemma54:
Every data provider seems to be spreading hype about their 4G coverage. It has come to my understanding that most of their claims are fabricated lies to have the masses purchase their services.
The only genuine service seems to be ntel (showcasing their amazing 4G coverage map), and the popular old-timers of 4G (spectranet, swift 4G).
If you have a device, in Nigeria of course, that accesses the 4G network by your data provider, please share a photo, preferably of a Speedtest result, and post with your location.

4G users, make una show!! Help fellow Nigerians in choosing an actual working 4G network provider.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3748894_3631150img20160422wa0008jpegfbc1e8db64773b2572aad8c7df560222_jpegd70f68c3fa4616e07b2cd18137a830e4

Image credit: Stanley08 on Ntel 4G

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by ibietela2(m): 8:21am On Apr 23, 2017
JandyJ:

Oga, We Are Just Being Deceived. To Me There Is Nothing Like 4g In Nigeria, Imagine 4g Network With 55kbps Speed Some With 10mbps Speed Wen Real 4g Is Supposed To Be 100mbps Upward, This Country Na Failure.

You don't have to tell me, i know. I don't think we have 3G sef
Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by okonja(m): 8:25am On Apr 23, 2017
nkemma54:
To clarify a quick widespread suspicion by some NLers, I'm not an ntel staff. My other threads can assure you of that.
Currently on glo, using a 4G sim and 4G phone with their b28, but still can't find 4G in my location. Their 3G sucks too.
Used mtn, but didn't get 4G either.
Why una wan kill the messenger? Abeg showcase your 4G signal strength and location. Help others in choosing an actual 4G data provided in their area.
Make una think of this as a poll.
And as regards the image i uploaded showcasing ntels speed, it seems their speed had throttled down. At least it better than inexistent glo, except that guy from benin (e b like sey i go move go there sef grin)

Honourably goto www.fast.com, do another ntel speed test right now and upload it to the original topic instead of that misleading image. angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by nkemma54(m): 8:25am On Apr 23, 2017
okonja:
When the going was good with NTEL as at 2016, I unofficially marketed them like craze right here in Abuja, NOW that the network is sh.it, I am not gonna be tired in letting people know.

Using 4G on any other network?
Re: Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location by Theflint1(m): 8:27am On Apr 23, 2017
Glo shocked shocked shocked shocked My hatest network for this life. Which side for Benin you dey stay? Etisalat too cost and mtn no fast reach. Which plan you dey and like how long e dey last?
slimderek:
Glo 4G Benin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always / Android Application That Will Change Your Voice / Current Whatsapp Video Calling Is A Scam!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.