Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA (2022 Views)

Governor Wike & Dakuku Peterside Meet In Okrika (Photo) / Adeleke: Don't Celebrate Yet, Dakuku And Mama Taraba Also Won At The Tribunal / Rivers SARS Commander Holds Umbrella For Dakuku Peterside. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by Gistpeeps: 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated the Director General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Dr Dakuku Peterside on his election as the new Chairman of the Association of African Maritime Administrators (AAMA).

The president’s congratulatory message was issued in a statement by Mr Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, on Saturday in Abuja.

Buhari said: “Peterside’s unanimous election is not only a personal honour and affirmation of confidence in his ability to lead AAMA, but also places Nigeria in a pivotal position to rally other maritime administrations in collaboration with the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) toward safer global maritime activities.’’

He acknowledged NIMASA’s encouraging performance under Peterside, especially in the fight against sea piracy through inter-agency cooperation.

According to the president, Peterside’s new position provides him with an even bigger platform to forge ahead in doing the nation proud by meeting the objectives of AAMA.

While wishing the new Chairman of AAMA successful one-year tenure, he expressed confidence that within this period, the Federal Government’s renewed focus on growing the Nigerian economy through increased maritime resources would be further enhanced.

Dakuku Peterside emerged chairman of AAMA at the end of the 3rd Annual Conference of the continental organisation in Abuja on Friday.

Peterside took over the chairmanship position from Sobantu Tilayi, the acting Chief Executive Officer of South African Maritime and Safety Agency (SAMSA), who has been the acting Chair of the association since 2013.

http://www.gistpeeps.com/2017/04/buhari-congratulates-dr-dakuku.html

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by AWONEYAN(m): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
Amechi will be happy for his boy

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by budusky05(m): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
My boss. Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
AWONEYAN:
Amechi will be happy for his boy
amaechi rewards his boys as long as they're loyal. Now Magnus Abe is in the Senate.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by sarrki(m): 1:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
Whao

I want to groom leaders like amaechi

Not thugs like fayose and wike

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by gbegemaster(m): 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
Bubu mai guy.

As resilient as the grass that used to grow in our yard. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by ZombieTAMER: 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
lofty900:
I'll love to be amaechi boy too.
Amaechi is the appendix of APC
You are the tissue paper of APC

1 Like

Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by ZombieTAMER: 2:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
sarrki:
Whao

On a thuggeryometer
Wike and Fayose are on 3

While amaechi is on level 9

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by ZombieTAMER: 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
gbegemaster:
Bubu mai guy.

As resilient as the grass that used to grow in our yard.
Why wouldn't he be your guy
He is an illiterate
A cow rearer
A docile old man
And a figure head of the 'presidency'

Do you want to know who is really the president?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by sarrki(m): 2:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
Amaechi the nightmare of wailing wailers
Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by Greatihex(m): 2:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
Bigot

1 Like

Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by gbegemaster(m): 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Why wouldn't he be your guy
He is an illiterate
A cow rearer
A docile old man
And a figure head of the 'presidency'

Do you want to know who is really the president?
I am highly displeased at his style of governance but that doesn't mean that I hate him. There's nothing wrong in having regards for a resilient adversary.

Don't follow the style of the BMC's that lash out at random. They have a target to meet.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by Enyeem(m): 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
I think oga Bubu talks more and to anything Thant happens in Naij any time he's in coma or gone hiding from pple dat voted him...

E get as e be for months now my presidoo has not addressed the citizens but keep on talking from de media to the selected few...
Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Amaechi is the appendix of APC
You are the tissue paper of APC

lolz, then u r the asshole of pdp

1 Like

Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
sarrki:
Whao

Wike thuggery isn't 1/5 of that of Amaechi. You have no idea about the thug called Amaechi.

Amaechi learnt from the number 1 thug in Rivers state, Peter Odili. He was part of the idiots that brought cultism into Rivers political space. Peterside is no gentleman either. We Riverians know them better
Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by sarrki(m): 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Wike thuggery isn't 1/5 other that of Amaechi. You have no idea about the thug called Amaechi

Amaechi is just a stubborn dude

But a motor park thuggery displayed by wike and his Co traveller Fayose is second to known

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
sarrki:

Amaechi is just a stubborn dude

But a motor park thuggery displayed by wike and his Co traveller Fayose is second to known
Just stop it! Amaechi was the one that first bought lots of weapons for Ateke Tom as far back as 2005-7 to help him actualise his ambition to govern. He was the one that has been doing dirty jobs in the street for Odili. You have no idea...

PS: Ateke publicly confessed when they fell out and Amaechi tried to use the state apparatus to silent him.

''Amaechi invited me to Government House and gave me N50 million himself after he had won the party primary before he was changed with Celestine Omehia. This was in 2007. Infact, if Rivers people would remember, then, my presence in Port Harcourt was seen by some and the rumour was all over. This was when i actually went to pick the money from Amaechi.

''When he was eventually changed, he asked me to do a lot of things, which includes, to disrupt the Celestine Omehia campaign and the general elections. Then, i told him, i was no longer interested in politics and that i want to face the Niger Delta struggle. The next call i had from Amaechi was a threat, that i am an ingrate and that he will deal with me. This was the point we fell apart.

''While i demanded that the Truth and Reconciliation Commission come to my camp and get this information directly from me as they responded to Odili and others who wanted their testimonies to be taken outside Port Harcourt for security reasons, Amaechi stopped the commission from comming just as he discouraged the Senate President from visiting the creeks early this year.
''The world should know that, i'm not the only militant leader in Rivers state but Amaechi is out to kill me because i refused to carry out his intructions to disrupt the campaigns and the general elections. Secondly, he feels i will use the arms he bought for me against him. That is why when he came into office, his first job was to mobilize the JTF to loot and attarck me. I want to say that if the Federal Government does not prevail on Amaechi to stop using its forces to wage his personal war with me, the desired peace will elude the region as i will not fold my hands and watch his efforts to kill me thrive''.
Ateke Tom, December 2008
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO0812/S00164.htm
Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by Nbote(m): 3:14pm On Apr 22, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Just stop it! Amaechi was the one that first bought lots of weapons for Ateke Tom as far back as 2005-7 to help him actualise his ambition to govern. He was the one that has been doing dirty jobs in the street for Odili. You have no idea...

PS: Ateke publicly confessed when they fell out and Amaechi tried to use the state apparatus to silent him.

Ateke Tom, December 2008

What U're trying to do is convince a basket dat it can hold water which is definitely not possible.. Don't worry about convincing Zombie-in-Chief otherwise...
Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nbote:

What U're trying to do is convince a basket dat it can hold water which is definitely not possible.. Don't worry about convincing Zombie-in-Chief otherwise...
Most of these people with no idea about the situation of Rivers state are always quick to label Wike as the bad guy while trying to paint Amaechi as the good guy. This is unacceptable at all. Wike hasn't even done 1/10 of what Amaechi/Sekibo/Odili did. Not that I'm justifying any violent act

1 Like

Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by ZombieTAMER: 3:28pm On Apr 22, 2017
lofty900:
lolz, then u r the asshole of pdp
Am not in PDP
The mods might ban you... Though
Calm down boy
Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by gieala: 3:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Wike thuggery isn't 1/5 of that of Amaechi. You have no idea about the thug called Amaechi.

Amaechi learnt from the number 1 thug in Rivers state, Peter Odili. He was part of the idiots that brought cultism into Rivers political space. Peterside is no gentleman either. We Riverians know them better

This TonyeBarcanista of guy stop spreading false news about cultism in Rivers state, u are not the only one from rivers state on nairaland? We all know how Peter odili used soboma george, ateke and other cultist to win election against the popular choice of the people who was from riverline axis, cant remember his name. we also know how wike betrayed senator Mbata to become Obio Akpor local government chairman using ........... samuel nwanosike etc.
Ameachi, as we all know was also a cultist but never allowed unrest during his tenure, infact during odili and omehia's tenure, as a secondary school boy then, you dont wear some colours or go to places like dioub. But when Ameachi came to power, peace returned to rivers state, infact he joined the military team that destroyed ateke's camp, soboma george was killed, asari dare not come to rivers state during his tenure, Ikwerre people's criminality with matching ground was a thing of the past. Every Rivers man knows Ameachi restored peace to the state.

When the disagreement between patience and ameachi started because of destruction of water fronts (which was where most criminal and kidnappers hide to commit crime). Wike cashed into it because ameachi was not longer in control of security apparatus to bring in all those criminals that ran away during ameachi's tenure so that he can win election. Wike and his team was even defending killers and militants like solomon indebara.

Every day your angelic governor wike is recovering arms, first of all who gave those youths the arms? Every passing day you hear about evil news from rivers state, Ikwerre matching ground have started again and all round robbery.

I replied you today because i am tired of reading all the lies you write here about ameachi. If der is anything ameachi did in rivers state was restoring of peace, sanity and he never associated with criminals, cultists and kidnappers during his tenure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by abumeinben(m): 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
sarrki:
Whao

Go to the next shop. Buy frozen come bottle. Take it as is. Relax for another 12 minutes. Refresh this page. And then read your comment again.

Does is sound appropriate?
Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
gieala:

This TonyeBarcanista of guy stop spreading false news about cultism in Rivers state, u are not the only one from rivers state on nairaland? We all know how Peter odili used soboma george, ateke and other cultist to win election against the popular choice of the people who was from riverline axis, cant remember his name. we also know how wike betrayed senator Mbata to become Obio Akpor local government chairman using ........... samuel nwanosike etc.
Ameachi, as we all know was also a cultist but never allowed unrest during his tenure, infact during odili and omehia's tenure, as a secondary school boy then, you dont wear some colours or go to places like dioub. But when Ameachi came to power, peace returned to rivers state, infact he joined the military team that destroyed ateke's camp, soboma george was killed, asari dare not come to rivers state during his tenure, Ikwerre people's criminality with matching ground was a thing of the past. Every Rivers man knows Ameachi restored peace to the state.

When the disagreement between patience and ameachi started because of destruction of water fronts (which was where most criminal and kidnappers hide to commit crime). Wike cashed into it because ameachi was not longer in control of security apparatus to bring in all those criminals that ran away during ameachi's tenure so that he can win election. Wike and his team was even defending killers and militants like solomon indebara.

Every day your angelic governor wike is recovering arms, first of all who gave those youths the arms? Every passing day you hear about evil news from rivers state, Ikwerre matching ground have started again and all round robbery.

I replied you today because i am tired of reading all the lies you write here about ameachi. If der is anything ameachi did in rivers state was restoring of peace, sanity and he never associated with criminals, cultists and kidnappers during his tenure.
And who said Wike is an ANGEL? Man, Amaachi fell out with Ateke because the dude stopped doing his dirty jobs. Why do you think his so called Truth and Reconciliation Commission flopped?

''Amaechi invited me to Government House and gave me N50 million himself after he had won the party primary before he was changed with Celestine Omehia. This was in 2007. Infact, if Rivers people would remember, then, my presence in Port Harcourt was seen by some and the rumour was all over. This was when i actually went to pick the money from Amaechi.
''When he was eventually changed, he asked me to do a lot of things, which includes, to disrupt the Celestine Omehia campaign and the general elections. Then, i told him, i was no longer interested in politics and that i want to face the Niger Delta struggle. The next call i had from Amaechi was a threat, that i am an ingrate and that he will deal with me. This was the point we fell apart.
''While i demanded that the Truth and Reconciliation Commission come to my camp and get this information directly from me as they responded to Odili and others who wanted their testimonies to be taken outside Port Harcourt for security reasons, Amaechi stopped the commission from comming just as he discouraged the Senate President from visiting the creeks early this year.
''The world should know that, i'm not the only militant leader in Rivers state but Amaechi is out to kill me because i refused to carry out his intructions to disrupt the campaigns and the general elections. Secondly, he feels i will use the arms he bought for me against him. That is why when he came into office, his first job was to mobilize the JTF to loot and attarck me. I want to say that if the Federal Government does not prevail on Amaechi to stop using its forces to wage his personal war with me, the desired peace will elude the region as i will not fold my hands and watch his efforts to kill me thrive''.
Ateke Tom, December 2008

It was simply because it was neither TRUTH nor RECONCILIATORY but an effort to brush the public image of Amaechi. Himself and Sekibo were the BAD NIGGAS in whom Odili was well pleased.
Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by Oildichotomy(m): 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2017
Instead of trying the dissect the issues at hand, some folks are on the rampage on who is the bigger thug between Wike and Ameachi.

Do we have brains in this country?
Re: Buhari Congratulates Dr. Dakuku Peterside As New Chairman Of AAMA by gieala: 4:28pm On Apr 22, 2017
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=55811064]
And who said Wike is an ANGEL? Man, Amaachi fell out with Ateke because the dude stopped doing his dirty jobs. Why do you think his so called Truth and Reconciliation Commission flopped?

All this truth and reconciliation committee gist have nothing to do with me, the governor should just restore security like it was during ameachi's tenure. Moreover almost ex all militants and criminals that ran away during ameachi's tenure now eat with your governor and some are occupying government positions. I am a neutral mind, All i want is peace, security of lives and properties. Any other thing no concern me, u guyz can continue playing your dirty rivers APC and PDP politics.

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO Happening Now - Biafrans Stop Zoo Soldiers From Kidnapping Nnamdi Kanu / Blame Ohanaeze For Violent Agitation In South East, Says Ango Abdullahi / South West Is The Power Base Of The South: From An Igbo Native

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.