Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,038 members, 7,838,598 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Most Overated Player Of All Time Or Most Underarchieving Talent - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Most Overated Player Of All Time Or Most Underarchieving Talent (600 Views)

Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? / Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans / Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Most Overated Player Of All Time Or Most Underarchieving Talent by yoji: 2:42pm On Jan 04, 2010
this is dedicated to plyers who wowed us with their talent when they first stepped onto d stage but yrs later, we are left wondering how we got scammed into thinkin we had seen the next best thing. pls hav ur say as i may leave out some players

1- DIOUF - this guy still leaves liverpool wondering wether they watched the right world cup or they signed a clone of the senegalese star they saw. he left liverpool after scoring 3 goals in his first season and none in the next season. U get the feeling he has been playing retirement football ever since.

2- KIERON DYER - always trust the english media to blow anything english out of proportion. i find it hard to blive he is around 30yrs without any memory of wat he did in football after all the hype. injuries played their part sha

3- FREDDY ADU- men this guy has to be the worst offender in my opinion. americans convinced themselves into thinking he was the next pele and rewarded him without criminal amounts of money in numerous endorsements. he failed a trial at man u, failed at fifa youth tournaments, failed at benfica and was loaned to monaco where he failed again and was loaned to belenenses, d worst team in portugese league and now d coach of that team is now saying he doesnt want him!

4- MENDIETA- all i can say is lazio killed the next maradona. anytime i rememder valencia at its peak i remember him. he even ended up in middlesborough at point when we were all expecting more from him.

5- OPABUNMI- EFCC should go after this guy cos we are yet to recover from the scam he scammed us. there was so much hype around him. this guy had one yr of football in him and he used the media to cash in on it.

6- PORTILLO- this guy broke all the records set by raul in rising up the real madrid ladder. and now 27 on loan to a team in the spanish second division where he warms the bench!

(1) (Reply)

Can Nigeria Win The African Cur Of Nations? / Emmanue Adebayor Attacked In angola / MARTINS WINS COURT CASE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.