Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,189 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person (3012 Views)

Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account / Tokkida Semlek: Man Refunds N800k Paid To His GTBank Account By Mistake (Photos) / First Bank Internet Transfer To A Wrong Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by pepe1: 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
Please my people how do I go about this?
I erroneously transferred money to a wrong person using Internet banking. GTBank to GTBank.

I called GTConnect, they sent me an indemnity form which I must fill and scan to them, to enable them to block the fund for 48 working hours.

Then I must submit a police report and a court order before they can reverse the fund, if it has not been withdrawn from the account.

Please who has gone through this route before, share your experience.

Secondly, how do I go about getting a court order within 48 hours.

Pls help a brother.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by menwongo(m): 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nawa why didn't you cross check the account number and name first before putting your pin?
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by Solowande(m): 10:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
Court order nor go hard u na. For d police report, my guy just forget am. Police nor bi ur friend 4 dis mata. Dem go make u spend more than wetin u don lose. What of if d guy do withdrawn everytin
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by semasir: 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
Similar scenario some time ago.... Call the person if you can reach him/her or go by the info given to you by the call center but if done to a corporate account, it can't be reversed except you contact the recipient
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by pepe1: 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
menwongo:
Nawa why didn't you cross check the account number and name first before putting your pin?
Me sef weak ooo.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by pepe1: 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
Solowande:
Court order nor go hard u na. For d police report, my guy just forget am. Police nor bi ur friend 4 dis mata. Dem go make u spend more than wetin u don lose. What of if d guy do withdrawn everytin
Pls how do I get the court order.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by pepe1: 11:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
semasir:
Similar scenario some time ago.... Call the person if you can reach him/her or go by the info given to you by the call center but if done to a corporate account, it can't be reversed except you contact the recipient
Infact, I don't know who the person is.
I guessed that it could be one of those times that a friend or colleague would beg you to transfer some money to a stranded relative.

It's not a corporate account.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by semasir: 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
Complete the form requested and you'll get it back, it'll be blocked from the person's account since you've called them or contact again and reiterate it.

pepe1:

Infact, I don't know who the person is.
I guessed that it could be one of those times that a friend or colleague would beg you to transfer some money to a stranded relative.

It's not a corporate account.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by olajumokeade535(f): 5:44am On Apr 23, 2017
I experienced this sometime ago, first, you have to fill the form, submit it, the bank will block the recipients account, they'll call the owner of the account, he/she will have to come to the bank, sign some documents, before the money can be released.
I wasn't asked for court order/police report.

Advice: try as much as possible to delete unknown registered names from your mobile banking app, sometimes the names can appear to be same with another person.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by pepe1: 8:42am On Apr 23, 2017
olajumokeade535:
I experienced this sometime ago, first, you have to fill the form, submit it, the bank will block the recipients account, they'll call the owner of the account, he/she will have to come to the bank, sign some documents, before the money can be released.

Advice: try as much as possible to delete unknown registered names from your mobile banking app, sometimes the names can appear to be same with another person.
Thanks so much.
I have deleted many of them yesterday and I will delete the rest today.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by semasir: 10:15am On Apr 26, 2017
Your bank seems to be nicer asking you to fill form without those reports. I was once asked to do as the OP or contact the person transferred to but was fortunate to get the person but got refunded almost 7 months later by the person playing smart because twas from a corporate to corporate account but was told has it been to a personal account, could have been blocked and refunded after signing by me.

I'm battling one at the moment too though from an unknown person.

olajumokeade535:

Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by pepe1: 9:39pm On May 23, 2017
This man has refused to return my money.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by grafikii: 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2019
pepe1:
This man Yusuph Olasunkanmi Ismail has refused to return my money.
Did you eventually get you money, a similar situation happened to a friend
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by pepe1: 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2019
grafikii:

Did you eventually get you money, a similar situation happened to a friend
I didn't get it.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by Joseph846: 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2022
I'm in this shoe right now I have calls my bank they sent a form to me, I filled it and submitted it but I was told that I've not filled it well, please see the form and guide me. Thanks in advance

Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Transfer To A Wrong Person by MrBroke(m): 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2022
If the money is huge, you can try your luck but if it ain't, just forget about it, cause the money you will spend in the process might even be more than the money you transferred. So do your math

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me My Gtb Mastercard / Does Anyone Know The Prices of Iron Rods? / Proposal Submitted To Glo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.