Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides (994 Views)

Rare Picture Of President Muhammadu Buhari Making Call In The Car / Buhari Decline From 2019 Race. Handover To El-rufai - Bakare / Charly Boy Blasts Nigerian Youths Over Buhari & Atiku 2019 Race (Video) (2) (3) (4)

With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by Nkemakonam62: 6:02am On Apr 23, 2017
Contrary to prevailing views about President Muhammadu Buhari’s health, AKELICIOUS checks have revealed that following his medical vacation during which he had blood transfusion, the President is making ‘steady and significant recovery’.

The increased pace of activities at the seat of government lately is proof that he is progressing steadily, his aides who spoke on condition of anonymity told AKELICIOUS, thus, confounding political pundits who had thought his health challenges had ruled him out of any future political projection.

According to one of them, since his return from medical vacation last month, the President has been taking his time, but has improved steadily in recent days.

He has received many friends and officials in audience, made several phone calls to friends, families and supporters and generally cheered up, working for longer hours, going through official correspondence in detail, and giving approvals where necessary.

This is evident in the series of appointments he has made and key decisions taken in the last few days, during which he has dissolved and reconstituted boards, removing and appointing heads of several parastatals, while nominating two ministers for the confirmation of the senate.

Just last week, the President suspended the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Lawal Babachir, over allegations of violations of law and due process in the award of contracts as the Chairman, the Presidential Initiative on the North East (PINE); and Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), Amb. Ayo Oke, over funds recovered in an apartment in Ikoyi, Lagos. He also set up a panel chaired by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo to look into the two issues.

Close aides say though Buhari is not even thinking of the 2019 presidential race at the moment, those who rule him out are doing so at their own peril.

“He is not even bothered about them, he doesn’t even bother about 2019 one way or the other right now. All he has said to people (his appointees) is to do their work and focus on delivering on their promises, particularly in infrastructure and agriculture.

“He is particularly focused on covering grounds that were lost due to the recession that slowed down the pace of work in the early part of his administration”, the close aides of the President said.

The thinking is that even if Buhari chooses to run, he will run on his record of delivery and not on the basis of promises. “So his job right now is to work to improve his record of performance,” the aides said.

THISDAY checks show that in recent months, the president and his team have been so pleased with the progress made in agriculture and infrastructure revival, as seen in many communities, particularly in the North, where the availability of fertilizer coupled with its reduced price, breaking the monopoly and corruption of the past, have resulted in bumper harvest.

The ease of transporting farm outputs following the revival of some railway lines after years of rot in that transport subsector has further enhanced agriculture in the North, with many farmers and communities transporting fertilizer and farm products by rail.

“This significant development in rail transport is so much appreciated by the people that many farmers and communities are even buying their own coaches to transport their goods, especially in Kano and parts of Jigawa, Katsina and other areas, where they are trying to make hay while the sun shines with local production of rice and other produce”, the aides said.

They added, “These are the kinds of issues that keep him up at night especially since he had to negotiate directly with the King of Morocco to improve the fertilizer process in Nigeria”.

Aides also said the President had just sent a high-powered team to China “so that they could come and quickly restart Mambilla and other projects, because he wants to build Mambilla and resolve the power issue quickly.”

The aides therefore noted that Buhari’s focus right now over the next year is not on election but on delivering infrastructure and restoring his health to status quo ante.

Even though most of the criticism regarding his performance have been from the South, where two of the zones – South-east and South-south ­– voted for his opponent in the 2015 presidential election, his support base, especially in the North, where the poor love him, has not waned and his ailment has made him even mystical among some of his followers.

According to medical doctors whom AKELICIOUS spoke to, when a patient undergoes full blood transfusion, such as the one the president confirmed he had, it could take up to six months to fully recover, but when the patient recovers, with the bone marrow kicking in, it is a full recovery. The president has so far not disclosed the exact nature of his illness.

Should Buhari make a full recovery and he chooses not to run in 2019, that will be his choice and would not be because of health or age considerations, his aides said.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/04/with-buhari-making-steady-recovery-dont.html

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by LionDeLeo: 6:04am On Apr 23, 2017
I doubt if Bubu can/will contest again.

But what I know is that some of his "death wishers" will certainly die b4 him, including those that have bought funeral ase-obi for his burial.

My dear president, get well soon.

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by Sunnynwa: 6:24am On Apr 23, 2017
LionDeLeo:

But what I know is that some of his "death wishers" will certainly die b4 him, including those that have bought funeral ase-obi for his burial.

Bro, nobody is guaranteed tomorrow even you.

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by akp202(m): 6:29am On Apr 23, 2017
This people are damn funny... Allow baba to relax with his grand children In peace come 2019...they wish to remain in power by fire by force
Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by StRichard(m): 6:36am On Apr 23, 2017
Lol...steady recovery indeed, someone who is dying daily.

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by greatgod2012(f): 6:38am On Apr 23, 2017
Those asking PMB to recontest in 2019 are his real enemies!

And PMB will be number one enemy to himself if he actually has the intention to recontest in 2019?

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by LionDeLeo: 6:40am On Apr 23, 2017
Sunnynwa:

How is this in conflict with my comment?

Or you just feel like throwing garbage into my mention?

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by samincredible44(m): 6:40am On Apr 23, 2017
northerners and their quest to die in power
Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by Sunnynwa: 6:42am On Apr 23, 2017
LionDeLeo:

How is this in conflict with my comment?

Or you just feel like throwing garbage into my mention?

What it means is that even you can die today.

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 23, 2017
yinmu
Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by LionDeLeo: 6:45am On Apr 23, 2017
Sunnynwa:

What it means is that even you can die today.

For the last time, how is this contrary to my comment?

Pls don't bother to quote me again if you have no answer to this.
Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by pedrilo: 6:48am On Apr 23, 2017
We wil not vote a sick man as president!

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by Sunnynwa: 6:51am On Apr 23, 2017
LionDeLeo:

For the last time, how is this contrary to my comment?

Pls don't bother to quote me again if you have no answer to this.

......because you are so sure some of those wishing Buhari death will die before him when you yourself not wishing him death can even die today.

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by LionDeLeo: 6:56am On Apr 23, 2017
Sunnynwa:

......because you are so sure some of those wishing Buhari death will die before him when you yourself not wish g him death can even die today.

And being so sure that some of his death wishers will die b4 him translates to me being above death any moment, right?

Will you take off from my mention b4 I pee on that head?

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by cusBeta: 7:03am On Apr 23, 2017
hmmm nawa o let 2019 come first

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by omenkaLives(m): 7:04am On Apr 23, 2017
LionDeLeo:

My dear president, get well soon.
I have said it time and time again, Baba wouldn't have the strength to contest in 2019 and anyone pushing him to do so certainly doesn't care about his welfare. My only prayer is that we find someone of like character, especially as regards the anticorruption war, to succeed him, and it would be awesome if that someone agrees to a single term such that power returns back to the South in 2023.

Not like i care so much where the president comes from, but the sensitivities of Nigerians to things such as this and their implications for the nation's political stability cannot simply be ignored.

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by omenkaLives(m): 7:07am On Apr 23, 2017
Sunnynwa:

Did he say anyone is guaranteed tomorrow? He simply said those mannerless urchins that wish the gentleman dead would die before him.

Except you are one of those who wish him dead, a statement like that shouldn't worry you.

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by LionDeLeo: 7:11am On Apr 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
I have said it time and time again, Baba wouldn't have the strength to contest in 2019 and anyone pushing him to do so certainly doesn't care about his welfare. My only prayer is that we find someone of like character, especially as regards the anticorruption war, to succeed him, and it would be awesome if that someone agrees to a single term such that power returns back to the South in 2023.

Not like i care so much where the president comes from, but the sensitivities of Nigerians to things such as this and their implications for the nation's political stability cannot simply be ignored.

The emboldened is actually the problem.

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by omenkaLives(m): 7:13am On Apr 23, 2017
StRichard:
Lol...steady recovery indeed, someone who is dying daily.
Someone doesn't have to be dying daily for them to eventually die completely. You who are speaking AMD going about with the strength and vitality of Randy Orton is not even guaranteed a view of sunset today.

Hell, what assurances do we have of the next one hour?
Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by omenkaLives(m): 7:16am On Apr 23, 2017
greatgod2012:
Those asking PMB to recontest in 2019 are his real enemies!

And PMB will be number one enemy to himself if he actually has the intention to recontest in 2019?
He won't, but if he does, personally, he wouldn't get my vote- not because I don't approve of his job performance, but because I love him.

He needs to rest.. .

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by greatgod2012(f): 7:21am On Apr 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
He won't, but if he does, personally, he wouldn't get my vote- not because I don't approve of his job performance, but because I love him.

He needs to rest.. .

He really need to rest indeed!

Those asking him to recontest are his enemies, they don't wish the man well at all. There's no alternative to good and sound health!
Being alive and healthy is more important than being in power!

I love your reasoning on this!
Good morning!

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by serverconnect(m): 7:34am On Apr 23, 2017
I will use my voters card to show him the back door.
Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by Sunnynwa: 7:51am On Apr 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
Did he say anyone is guaranteed tomorrow? He simply said those mannerless urchins that wish the gentleman dead would die before him.

Except you are one of those who wish him dead, a statement like that shouldn't worry you.

Even some who wish him life longer than Methusela's will still die before him.

Let us not reduce the inevitability of death to our enemies or those we disagree with. You and I no matter what we wish him are not guaranteed to outlive him.

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by Sunnynwa: 7:53am On Apr 23, 2017
LionDeLeo:

And being so sure that some of his death wishers will die b4 him translates to me being above death any moment, right?

Will you take off from my mention b4 I pee on that head?

You have an equal chance of dying before him like someone who wishes him death.

Next time try and be rational or

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by Sunnynwa: 8:03am On Apr 23, 2017
omenkaLives:

He needs to rest.. .

....."except he is contesting against Jonathan or an IPOD"
Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by LionDeLeo: 8:04am On Apr 23, 2017
Sunnynwa:

You have an equal chance of dying before him like someone who wishes him death.

Next time try and be rationale or

No wonder.

Re: With Buhari Making Steady Recovery, Don’t Rule Him Out Of 2019 Race, Say Aides by Sunnynwa: 8:09am On Apr 23, 2017
LionDeLeo:

No wonder.

Autocorrect mate, autocorrect.

Rational it is.

Where Are The 38 Year Old Nigerians Who Will Run For President In 2019??? / South And Middle Belt Youth Replies Arewa Youth / "One Hand Writing 5 Signatures"- Dino Melaye Reacts To The Recall Register Signa