Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,194 members, 7,842,471 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? (17969 Views)

Christian Men Can Marry More Than One Wife, No Bible Verse Is Against Polygamy – / Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by unitysheart(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2017
John 3:16
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by aboki2000(m): 10:02am On May 07, 2017
Obadia 1:17
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by AntiWailer: 10:04am On May 07, 2017
John 3: 16
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by oaroloye(m): 10:08am On May 07, 2017
SHALOM!

davodyguy:
I'm wondering the biblical verse that is the most quoted by people(Religious and non religious)

We sometimes quote the Bible to suit our purpose, not necessarily because we really mean to or understand the message therein.

Is it Matthew 7:7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Or
Luke 6:38 ►Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Or
John 11:35 ►Jesus wept.

Or
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

It is THIS one, of course.

The one most FALSELY abused to make FALSE Converts.

. JOHN 3:16.

16. "For God so loved the World,
that He gave His only Begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him
should not Perish,
but have Everlasting Life."
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by omron(m): 10:14am On May 07, 2017
John 3.16

Gen 1:1
In the beginning God created heaven and earth
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by 4C2215131: 10:15am On May 07, 2017
Used to be John 3:16, until Malachi 3:10 took over.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Larryfest(m): 10:16am On May 07, 2017
The Lord's prayer....
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by FakeAccount(m): 10:16am On May 07, 2017
Malachi 3:10

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it".
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by visijo(m): 10:20am On May 07, 2017
na so rich people go de tell poor people "Man shall not live by Bread Alone". Poor people go reply "dont give me fish, teach me how to fish" Nigerians sha..
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Sabotage4700(m): 10:22am On May 07, 2017
The part talking about the comforter.. Can't really Cote word for word.
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Nobody: 10:24am On May 07, 2017
Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by zionmade(m): 10:34am On May 07, 2017
It depends on d church ooo
MFM members quote different scriptures from Deeperlife, Redeemed quote differently with Living Faith. Am not saying it is bad its just according to d ministry God called dem into.

For d Mal 3 crew, no church and i repeat no church quotes dat scripture more than 4 times a month
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by vale20: 10:36am On May 07, 2017
it's Malachi 3:10 even in these forum
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by praisekeyzz(m): 10:36am On May 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Numbers 31:17-18 King James Version (KJV)

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
Oga who wan cram dis one? E no pass ask n it sha b gvn, or 4God so luv d world, or d lord is ma shepherd
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by def111(m): 10:37am On May 07, 2017
John 3:16..... but for Nigeria pastor na Malachi 3:8
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by funkyfrevy(f): 10:40am On May 07, 2017
7Alexander:
I don't know the verse, but I think its the part of Psalm that reads 'we shall trample upon lions and serpents, and no harm shall befall us'
PSM 91

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Odunharry(m): 10:47am On May 07, 2017
John 3:16.

Psalm 23 and 121

Matthew 5 (Beatitudes )

2 Corinth 5:17(Therefore if anyone be in Christ, he is a new creature. )
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Excuzeme: 10:48am On May 07, 2017
"Touch not my Anointed and do my Prophet No harm"

...when you catch their Pastor looting Church funds or using it to phuck Ashewo! grin grin

They think their Pastor is immune to criticism or correction.
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Yyeske(m): 10:56am On May 07, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
John 11:35 Jesus wept
And
Seconded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by BlessSammy(m): 10:58am On May 07, 2017
Psalm 23
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Jammiiee(m): 11:01am On May 07, 2017
Common Gerarahiaaa angry angry , the only sure odd I will give you is

John 3:16 angry
gentlelarry101:
The Clock is ticking cause you dont ve to keep loosing on unsure bet, If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary, Great win yesterday & thanks to God for success and kudos to winners. View won Ticket pics for your Ecstasy.
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by christopheru(m): 11:02am On May 07, 2017
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by ITbomb(m): 11:05am On May 07, 2017
The Kingdom of God suffereth violently and the violent taketh it by force.....

Reasons: it makes sense to but Christians and non-Christians
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 11:19am On May 07, 2017
And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with [their] faces to the ground. - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Nehemiah 8:6) "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Joshua 5:14)
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Chynwe(f): 11:19am On May 07, 2017
Psalm 118:17
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Aare2050(m): 11:27am On May 07, 2017
Somewhere in d book of peter
Greet ye one another with a kiss of love, peace be unto you who are in the Lord
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Nobody: 11:34am On May 07, 2017
"let he who has no sin cast the first stone" , thanks to the pharisee and saducee modern day version who only pick the part of the scripture that suits them
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by pressplay411(m): 11:40am On May 07, 2017
chibboy:
"you shall match upon serpents and scorpions but nothing shall harm you"

Asper 9ja breed with evil pipu everywhere PS 91 L'o sure ju cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Despirado121(m): 11:47am On May 07, 2017
John 3:16 for God so love the world....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kumuyi: Agitations Will End If Government Addresses Injustice / Gen. Buhari Meets With The Archbishop Of Canterbury (Photo News) / Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.