Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Name Search Is Free, So Why Are Nigerian Banks Charging 5000 Naira For It? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Name Search Is Free, So Why Are Nigerian Banks Charging 5000 Naira For It? (8811 Views)

Business & Companies Registration Made Easy (24hrs Name Search Approval) / Business Name Search: How To Get A Unique Business Name To Register With Cac / Cac Expired Name Search (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name Search Is Free, So Why Are Nigerian Banks Charging 5000 Naira For It? by AladeokinD(m): 8:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
Pls how long does it take wema bank to release my account for transaction after debited for Legal search... I opened the account via Alat for business..

Am tired of pending review for over months I wonder at the end of this if wema wouldn't make me lose clients....
Re: Name Search Is Free, So Why Are Nigerian Banks Charging 5000 Naira For It? by biptech(m): 6:15am On Sep 06, 2022
First Bank Debit me 17500 for CAC SEARCH without Prior Notice.
Why Complaining, I was told that the debit is normal.
I wonder the reason why Banks are extorting their Customers?
Abnormal now Normal in Nigeria.

Re: Name Search Is Free, So Why Are Nigerian Banks Charging 5000 Naira For It? by somehow: 10:08am On Sep 21, 2022
It's free on kuda
Re: Name Search Is Free, So Why Are Nigerian Banks Charging 5000 Naira For It? by XieXie: 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2023
I arrived here in 2023 and Zenith Bank said they charge 10k for CAC name search.

This is painful....in this hard economy
Re: Name Search Is Free, So Why Are Nigerian Banks Charging 5000 Naira For It? by Ikamandoncome: 9:18am On Sep 07, 2023
Wema bank dey charge me 8600#
Re: Name Search Is Free, So Why Are Nigerian Banks Charging 5000 Naira For It? by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2023
N9075 FROM UBA just now..

Useless bank
Re: Name Search Is Free, So Why Are Nigerian Banks Charging 5000 Naira For It? by SweetSpirit: 10:38am On Mar 07
DadojoReloaded:
I went to inquire about opening a new corporate account in a branch of FCMB, I was told all the requirements needed to open a corporate account, which I was already aware of (as this is my second corporate account opening). However, what I was not comfortable with was the fact that I was asked to pay 10,000 naira to facilitate the account opening (I knew this was the standard though). So I decided to ask what the money was meant for, and the customer care agent listed some things which included CAC name search.

The name search according to her was going to cost 4,000 naira. I almost challenged her, but as a gentle man, I just smiled and promised to be back.

So, my question is: Why on earth should customers be charged 4k to conduct a company name search/verification when that information can be freely gotten from CAC's website? This feature has been available on CAC's site for at least a year now.

Are banks deliberately exploiting their clients to extort money for what they can freely verify?

It is just like asking clients to pay in order to verify their drivers license from FRSC's website.

Here is the URL to check if a company is truly registered with CAC.

http://.gov.ng:8080/comsearch/test.php

[url="http://.gov.ng:8080/comsearch/test.php"]Company Name Search[/url]

lalasticlala, can you help me get answers please.

I just received a call from Access Bank that I should fund my new corporate account, and I sent N500. The lady called me bank and said it's not enough. I said it's not enough for what? I thought you wanted me to fund the account because it's new? She then opened up to me and said they needed at least 10k in the account for 'CAC search' on the company. I was angry and I hung up the phone. I did a Google search and I found this post on Nairaland. This is very pathetic. Banks have created various 'legal' means along with the CBN to exploit Nigerians. God save this country!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? / How Can I Get A Caller Tune For My Song / How Lucrative Is Onion Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.