Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,365 members, 7,954,481 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:03 PM

Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? (5098 Views)

Gabriel Olarenwaju Akinyemi, 60-Year-Old UTME Candidate Wants To Study Pharmacy / How To Confirm/know If Your O'level Result Has Been Uploaded On Jamb Portal / Between Unizik And UNN, Which Is A Better Place To Study Pharmacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by babyfaceafrica: 7:36am On Apr 26, 2017
Kilo pa Iya ijebu?
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:46am On Apr 26, 2017
ndidibabe:
Nigerians and show off. You are probably trying to show off your brother's good result because there is no reasonable reason for you to think this result might not be good enough to be admitted to study pharmarcy.
says who?u think this is post ume era?a science student with Bs and no As and u think the guy is just showing off.go do ur research well.

op ur brother needs high jamb score to be on safer side.talking from experience.

for example unibadan cut off as of last year was quite high
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:49am On Apr 26, 2017
NL1960:

It is not a matter of the way Nigerians reasons. It is a matter of the way you reason. I support what @ndidibabe said. Did you check the requirements for studying Pharmacy in any University before rushing to post your brother's result here?. There is what is called JAMB brochure where all universities have their requirements for every course. Anybody that has five(5) credits including English and Maths along with the relevant three(3) subjects combination can study the particular course. Your younger brother has Bs and Cs in Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology and you are here asking if he can study Pharmacy with the result. When he was choosing science in secondary school, what did you guys have in mind that he was going to read?. Is it any of the art courses?. I want to believe that you also attended a higher institution. If you had asked if he can study Law, iam sure people will not say that you want to show off.
pls!!no more now.I bet u don't know the happening in our universities now.things have altered o
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:01am On Apr 26, 2017
frankeencense:
UNN? The grades are not very good enough, only if his jamb score wud be high. My friend that got admitted to study pharmacy last year had 270 something and his o'level he had two A's and the rest C's. Goodluck to ur bro

NB: u can PM me for to get his no, I trust him to put ur bro tru
unn uses 60:40 ratio.with good jamb score,I think he stands a better chance in unn than other federal unis such as ui unilag,oau,etc that use 50:50ratio .ui 50:50 method self,favours olevel more
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by NL1960: 9:05am On Apr 26, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
unn uses 60:40 ratio.with good jamb score,I think he stands a better chance in unn than other federal unis such as ui unilag,oau,etc that use 50:50ratio .ui 50:50 method self,favours olevel more

Explain this more to the OP so that he can go and do an analysis to know the JAMB score his younger brother should aim for.
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:12am On Apr 26, 2017
NL1960:

Explain this more to the OP so that he can go and do an analysis to know the JAMB score his younger brother should aim for.
op check this out

Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by HIScraziness(m): 9:21am On Apr 26, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
op check this out

Thanks a lot mahn!!! Guess I can now to the maths myself now, he's gon register for jamb today btw
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by ndidibabe(f): 9:26am On Apr 26, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
says who?u think this is post ume era?a science student with Bs and no As and u think the guy is just showing off.go do ur research well.

op ur brother needs high jamb score to be on safer side.talking from experience.

This is called beating about the bush. Does the result qualify him to study pharmacy? Yes. Even if you have the highest score in UME and an average WAEC result, you will still find yourself in the situation you are trying to describe.
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by HIScraziness(m): 9:27am On Apr 26, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
op check this out

Really appreciate this bro! Thanks
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by HIScraziness(m): 9:32am On Apr 26, 2017
oldfoolnigger:

Peeps like them never want to get updated on sturvs like this. Many peeps don't know that the higher the grades you've got in ur o'level, the higher ur chances of getting admitted, which prompted my question.
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:39am On Apr 26, 2017
HIScraziness:

Thanks a lot mahn!!! Guess I can now to the maths myself now, he's gon register for jamb today btw
no pro
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:53am On Apr 26, 2017
ndidibabe:
This is called beating about the bush. Does the result qualify him to study pharmacy? Yes. Even if you have the highest score in UME and an average WAEC result, you will still find yourself in the situation you are trying to describe.
lol.I hope u know that as from 2015 down,waec was only used as a criterion that qualified one to sit for jamb.and post utme are used to determine a student score for admission.then with ur Cs filled o level,nothing do u at all cos it would not be used to arrive at ur final score,jamb and post utme were the real koko then.things have changed recently .in the place of post utme,it has been replaced with o level result.so ur grades matter a lot. this ain't Cs era o.I hope u understand my point

(1) (2) (Reply)

39 Trade Subjects Irrelevant, Says Alumni Group - The Nation / More Pictures To Restore Your Faith In Humanity [histore Gore] / How Primary School Students Were Caught In The Middle Of S£x, And Drugs - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.