Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Drake Vs Lil'wayne - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Drake Vs Lil'wayne (5659 Views)

Drake Vs Meek Mill Beef / Happy Birthday Lil'wayne 'OFFICIAL' / Drake Vs Eminem - Thank Him Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by Nobody: 2:37am On Jan 13, 2010
hax:

shocked cry
Baby nooo!!
I didn't mean it that way! sad

If you'll forgive me, I won't make the mistake twice
I only thought FL could help us add some spice
I miss when we used to roll in the hay like dice
You know we belong together like hair and lice
And I'm tripping for you 'cos you're hella nice

Forgive me, Chiogo baby!  cry

awww I agree, that was nice. . . .

But eh ehrrrm, Gators aint helping cool
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by Jossidu(m): 7:12am On Jan 17, 2010
So wats d scores now?nd uhmmmm Nikki,she aint even as gud as Bouqui,she's just fortunate 2 dine wit d best,"she aint d bestest"
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 17, 2010
Jossidu:

So wats d scores now?nd uhmmmm Nikki,[b]she aint even as gud as Bouqui,[/b]she's just fortunate 2 dine wit d best,"she aint d bestest"
grin grin grin Insult upon insult grin grin
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by Jossidu(m): 12:16pm On Jan 17, 2010
lol, lol, lol, lol, @FL,4 real,she aint dat tite, she cant stand kel'z 4 5mins
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by eldee(m): 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2010
@hax
This is a record low . . . you posted a song where Drake had three verses and where Weezy rapped for just thirty seconds?? grin grin grin
Understand the song first before you start commenting on it . . . it was a discussion between Drake and Weezy.
If you listen to the song, you'll hear Lil Wayne's phone call.
Drake is talking about how he doesn't know what he really wants, Weezy is telling him to get it through evil means.

hax:

[Lil Wayne]
Uh
Pardon the swag, but b!tch it's carte
Long bread, I don't eat shortcake, how come I can't
miss a woman like I can't miss court dates

It's carte from 'a la carte' . . . a french phrase for 'on the menu'.

'Long bread, I don't eat short cake' . . . that's referring to the 'They be staring at the money like it's unfamiliar'
But Weezy's so used to having swag and too much money a la carte.

In most developed nations, missing a court date cold get you held in contempt in addition to your jail term.
He applies both meanings of the word 'miss'.

cheese,
but shes not in this portrait
Yeah life's fine, but I don't portray

This part also refers to both food on the menu, but also what you say when you take pics.
Drake talked about Alicia, the ex-girlfriend he misses . . . but to Lil Wayne, they're not in the big picture . . . just items on the menu.
But he points out that he's not that happy bout his new life, so he's not really fine.

i dont want the glow,
i want the glow ray,
and imma bleep the world,
but this is just pre-intimacy

This is about where Drake talks about the hype he's getting . . . Weezy tells him to go after the glory and not just success.
'I'ma fukc the world but this is just pre-intimacy' . . . this line is self explanatory.

I'm on the other side, but it is a short gate

He's successful already but it's so easy to lose everything in the rap game.

Tired of hearing bullshiit, bring on the cow shiit
Haven't met a smell that's stinkier then our shiit
And that's word up in Toronto

Drake is from Canada . . . they're famous for their countryside farms, cows and their milk.
He's signing Drake because he's different from all the American rappers that rap B.S, hence the reason for the use of the phrase . . . 'and that's word up in Toronto'

Ha, ain't that a female dog
Ask her who I am to her, and she yell "God"
Weezy Baby, I go re-al hard

That's just him saying 'ain't that a naughty woman'
He's ban.gin a chic and when he asks her 'what's my name' she says 'God' . . . you wouldn't understand this, tell Chiogo to explain it to you grin grin grin

No further details bar

This is the best closing I heard all last year.
He did 40secs of metaphorical glory and says to the verse 'no further details bar'
This is a boss move . . . you thing those Grammys are for nothing??

The 40 secs of hiphop heavenly feeling makes Drake's three verses sound like erm . . . 'shopping bag Lucy'. grin grin
Drake and Lil Wayne on this song is like Kanye and Jay-Z on Diamonds are Forever. . .
I can't believe you're comparing those 'Mr shopping bag Drizzy' lines to Lil Wayne!!! WOW!!! shocked shocked shocked
Dude, I can't keep explaining these verses to you . . . you underrate him so you don't even pay attention.

Even Drake talks about it . . . he mentioned how he goes on Google and reads to make one song and when he plays it to Weezy, he just scribbles down a verse that tears his apart right there in the studio.
Scratch that . . .Weezy's talent has been signed and sealed by the people you consider the greatest rappers.
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by hax: 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2010
lol
Who says I don't understand what he's on about? You think I don't know what this means? You might think I'm really stupid, or that you and Weezy are really smart, but you really had to 'explain' this too?
'Ha, ain't that a female dog
Ask her who I am to her, and she yell "God"
Weezy Baby, I go re-al hard'
Because it's complex like-
Tired of hearing bullshiit, bring on the cow shiit
Haven't met a smell that's stinkier then our shiit
And that's word up in Toronto
Ain't that a female dog? lol

Next you'll start 'explaining' his complex lines about him vomiting on comets and being hot like dogs. lmao

I'll edit this post and repost when I'm in the mood to argue about Weezy. I have work to do.
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by rapjunkie(m): 9:16pm On Jan 22, 2010
Nice one eldee. . . . Interesting reading. . . . Maybe ill go listen to a bit more weezy. Cant really cmment cos i havent bothered to listen to a lot of his stuff but u've made me want to. . .
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by eldee(m): 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2010
@hax
It's not about smart or stupid . . . It's about being interested.
I didn't understand the cowshit line till I saw it in an interview.

I didn't know about the concept of Successful until recently.
Why?? I wasn't interested.

I'm sure you won't have posted wrong lyrics if this were Blackthought or Kweli.
I don't see anything wrong with that . . . music is extremely subjective, I can't force my views on you.

The female dog part was just for laughs . . . hence the smileys and the reference to Chiogo
Don't go all Mutallab on me jare grin grin

rapjunkie:

Nice one eldee. . . . Interesting reading. . . . Maybe ill go listen to a bit more weezy. Cant really cmment cos i havent bothered to listen to a lot of his stuff but u've made me want to. . .
He could be quite crap sometimes . . . but you have to come with an open mind.
And he puts out so much stuff that you know he can't be on point all the time.

But when he's good, he's great . . . even Obama agrees. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by Jossidu(m): 1:42pm On Jan 25, 2010
@eldee U R JUST TOO TITE, If there is a subject called d philosophy of weezy, U shuld b d lecturer, Thumbs up Sir
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by eldee(m): 8:30am On Jan 30, 2010
hax:

And Weezy talking about his foot sleeping on the gas and not screaming and asking his chauffeur to speed was exceptional? Lil Wayne didn't son anyone either. I thought he was the worst anyways.

This is a Drake Vs Lil Wayne thread.
You don't say B.S like I'm swimming in money so I'm Nemo and tell me that's anywhere near Weezy.

hax:

Not hidden, but impressive. Though I don't understand how he 'despoiled the game young'.

It's obviously hidden cus that's the only reason you'll say 'swimming like Nemo is better than it.

hax:

Yeah. You're right.

Lollipop was better than Swagga like us.*
Tha Carter 3 was definitely better than The Cool, American Gangster, Untitled and Paper Trail.*
I boil inside every time I think of those awards. I mean, who would pick Tha Carter over American Gangster or The Cool?

No one understands his Grammys because he sucks.
Aiite, he bribed the guys at the grammys to win 7 awards including Song of the Year.
Did he also bribe Rolling Stones?? And BET??
Point to one credible critic that didn't acclaim That Carter III.

You don't have a point there man . . . and there's no asterisk here so you know it ain't flipping sarcasm tongue tongue

Hehehe . . . Your Bible The Source gave the albm 4 out of 5 mics.
For f[i]u[/i]ck's sake, this record was nominated for album of the year. . .

hax:

He was talking about puzzy? Can you tell us how you came to that conclusion?

Well you'll have to listen to more Lil Wayne to understand that.
It's obvious you don't listen to albums from this century. . . so I'll just leave that.

hax:

*yawn*
No one gives a fidduck what Common thinks.

Hehehe . . . dude, I'm begining to understand you.
You know more than the critics, you know more than the magazines and you know more than the artistes themselves.
WOW . . . seriously, you must be Mozart in disguise. tongue tongue

hax:

Once again, can you tell us how you came to that conclusion?
'I'm new orleans' could mean a thousand things. Like 'I'm from new orleans, or my name is new orleans', nahmean?
One second, he's talking about puzzy, the next he's talking about his size. 'not in the sense of weight, as in,  collossal'. lol
Stick to one topic. And be clear, even if you're going to be metaphorical.

That's Lil Wayne . . . take it or leave it.
Listem to P[i]u[/i]ssy, Money, Weed. . . that's what wins him Grammys.
That's what critics, rappers and his 2.8 million consumers in America like about him. . . he won't change because Hax is pulling his hair out tongue tongue

hax:

The 'theme park' part made sense though. I'll give you that.
No it's not classic. Unless you're a stan.

This is a Lil Wayne V Drake thread homie.
Dude you think 'Mr Shopping bag Drizzy' is the best thing since sliced cheese with frankfurters and you're here talking??

hax:

You post a link of 'Reflection Eternal' (Talib and Hi-Tek), and then tell me Weezy is a mixtape god. There's something wrong somewhere.

Simple . . . I listen a wider range of music than you do.
So I'm in more capable of making an informed decision when it comes to stuff like this. tongue tongue

hax:

And 'labels want my name beside the X like Malcom' and the 'greatest ever part' were great. He even made the Nemo part sound cool. 'Swimming in the money come and FIND me Nemo'. Tell me that's not metaphorical, and that 'I'm New Orleans' is. Go on.

Simples . . . it's more pleasant to the ear.
'If I had one guess, I guess I'm New Orleans' sounds better than 'I'm as big as New Orleans'
That's exactly what top rappers mean when they say Lil Wayne gets creative with everyday words.
But nah . . . you know more about rap music than them, I forgot.

Besides it's so obvious . . . Drake is just a Lil Wayne with a little Kanye in him, everyone knows that.
Even Drake has admitted that on National TV.

hax:

Check what price? And that's all he'll say? That's all? And that makes sense to you? Damn.

Figure of speech dude . . .isn't that what rap's all about??
When Nas says he 'got flags in five continents' does it mean he's a place??
I know you don't like Weezy . . . but come the f[i]u[/i]ck on.

hax:

And why the fxck are you explaining this to me anyway? You think I don't understand this? Really?
No. And I never will. Not when I can listen to the likes of J. Cole, Big L, Clipse, Elzhi, or Jadakiss.
J. Cole doesn't do wordplay like Lil Wayne, Big L?? Are these guys in today's rap game?? What next?? You'll call Rakim when I talk about the future of hiphop??

hax:

Listen to Elzhi on Think Good Thoughts with Drake and Phonte. A whole verse, compares a woman to a book.

[Elzhi]
They say you never judge a book by its cover
Though you appear as materialistic, just like the others
So I followed your words to take 'em in
and I don't see what you saying so they coming off paper thin
That's when I felt that I would need to
do more than just look you up and down to see if I could read you
And try to get inside your head only
Not just stick my fingers in your middle to get you to spread for me
(now isn't that a great intimacy metaphor? Get on that eLZhi ish!grin)
So what I learned on my path to discover?
Your story took one ugly turn after another
I saw we wasn't on the same page
I would've gave you strong play but your words rubbed me the wrong way
So now I'm closing the case
You only out for the paperback that's written all over your face
No El' will never judge a book by its cover
until he seen what was in between and looked at what lies are under

Shit, that's how metaphors should be done??
Here I was thinking it was metaphorically mixing ish like 'call me Mr shopping bag Drizzy'.

hax:

Apart from the part where Lil Wayne Sped up his flow, Drake's was better generally. That opener was hot.
Yeah. Let's all research about how stinky cow droppings is in Toronto. Weezy drops and leaves it to your understanding because he says stuff like 'I'm hot like dogs'. lmao
He sped up his flow after only about four lines . . . oh, so only three-quarters of the Weezy's verse beat Drake?? Sh[i]i[/i]t!!!
As usual you misfire . . . here he was talking about him bringing something new but nah, you want to go sniffing up cow dung in Kano.

hax:

It's so easy to see that you don't listen to too many mixtapes. I'd pick J. Cole's, Freddie Gibbs' and Pill's mixtapes over 'No Ceilings'. And that's from only last year.

Nah . . . you just started listening to mixtapes, that's the only reason you'll pick No Celings over Da Drought Trilogy in the first place.

hax:

My version doesn't have any phone call, mate.
Erm . . . It's on So Far Gone, aren't you Mr 'I download every available mixtape available on rapbasement.com'??

hax:

And you're the one that said 'sonned him on EVERY SONG', sir.

Yeah . . . he definitely tore Drake's verse apart on every level.
He broke down in 30 seconds what Drake spent 5 minutes spewing.

hax:

WOW REALLY? *
WOW! A rapper bragging about his dough! WOW! I didn't understand that!*

If you did understand you won't highlight 'Mr damn he ain't copping the new shoes because I was about to buy them too' lines

hax:

Didn't understand that part, and I don't really understand your 'analysis', so I'll just leave that aside.
Dude . . . listen to the song, the whole concept of the song is easy to understand.
I can't keep schooling you . . . aren't you like a 'hiphop head' or sumn?? grin grin

hax:

Okay. It's fitting, since he almost always talks shiit anyways. 'Stinkier than our Toronto shiit' is a great metaphor. *
And it's only only Toronto shiit that's stinky. *

Yep . . . I've heard Nas, Pac, Big L and Rakim refer to their rap verses as sh[i]i[/i]t before so you have no point here, sarcasm or no sarcasm tongue tongue

hax:

The best closing last year?
'No further details bar'
How else does one say 'I have nothing left to say'?
Drake had three verses, listen to his closing bars.
I laugh in Empire State of Mind about Weezy running out of lines.
He had over 70 mixtape songs in 2007 . . . even rockstars don't do that. grin grin

hax:

Of course. Lollipop was better than Swagga like us.*

Hehehe . . . that's Lil Wayne Vs Lil Wayne . . . dude c'mon. undecided

hax:

You didn't have to explain the verses to me. I understand them. And don't think they're great. I think you overrate him so you took it upon yourself to explain how wonderful and stinky his shiit is.

I don't overrate him . . . I simply think comparing him to Drake is just B.S.
You mentioned a song and I showed you how good he was compared to Drake. . . c'est finis.

hax:

Then they should stick to rapping, not reviewing/criticizing. The Source wasn't written by rappers, was it?

I've been open minded enough. That's why I even listened to Weezy in the first place, silly punchlines, annoying voice and auto-tune aside. I've tried naw? Abi?
* = sarcasm. tongue

The Source and other magazines rate his album the best of 2008. Drake is nowhere near there.
I repeat, you have no point.

I don't know who's the greatest rapper of all time or who's the best thing for rap's future . . . but one fact remains indisputable . . . Drake wishes he'll one day grow up to Weezy's level . . . literally.
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by Genuflect(m): 9:31am On Jan 30, 2010
Eldee, I may not fully agree with your analysis. But I still think Drake can't come nowhere near Weezy. That Da Drought trilogy was just crazy.
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 30, 2010
I thought I was in religion section for a sec, then I saw eldee's username embarassed
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by eldee(m): 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2010
FL Gators:

I thought I was in religion section for a sec, then I saw eldee's username embarassed

It's so much easier arguing with someone that at least knows something about music. . .
Hax freaking picks out your every word, it's people like this that make me enjoy visiting the music section all the time. cheesy

Genuflect:

Eldee, I may not fully agree with your analysis. But I still think Drake can't come nowhere near Weezy. That Da Drought trilogy was just crazy.

Forget my whole obiter dicta man . . . that's the simple point I'm driving at.
Weezy has made a habit out of trumping Drake, that's the only thing I'm driving at.
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by hax: 6:25pm On Jan 30, 2010
eldee:

This is a Drake Vs Lil  Wayne thread.
You don't say B.S like I'm swimming in money so I'm Nemo and tell me that's anywhere near Weezy.
He doesn't talk about his shiit being as stinky as Toronto shiit and get away with it. Now you see why I don't like to listen to either of them much?

At least Drake used swimming, 'cos Nemo's a fish, and swimming in money, and emphasized, 'FIND me' like the title 'Finding Nemo'. I can't think of a better punchline to use to emphasize swimming in money that would fit into that rhyme scheme. That was great. You can make punchlines sound corny, and you can execute them perfectly. That's an example. 'I'm hotter than the sun and colder than y'all' and 'i call them april baby, cos they fools' are corny. Then he tries to execute corny ones well 'i'm so high i can eat a star' and fails. And he's the one who does wordplay like no other? No.

It's obviously hidden cus that's the only reason you'll say 'swimming like Nemo is better than it.
Oh, I said that?

Aiite, he bribed the guys at the grammys to win 7 awards including Song of the Year.
Did he also bribe Rolling Stones?? And BET??
Point to one credible critic that didn't acclaim That Carter III.

You don't have a point there man . . . and there's no asterisk here so you know it ain't flipping sarcasm tongue tongue
Rolling Stones claims that 'Lose Yourself' is the no. 2 hip hop song *kanye west voice* OF ALL TIME!
They're mainstream. They have to appeal to a wide audience. They give a fxck what the 1 million that bought his album in the first week think. Would Rolling Stone sell if it put Freddie Gibbs or Pill as it's cover artiste? Now if it's Kanye? Or Weezy? Or Drake? How else would it even claim that Lose Yourself is better than Stan? Stan was #7 or so, Lose Yourself was #2. That's a big hint. Lose Yourself was the best selling, I think, and longest to stay on #1. Why wouldn't it be #2 OF ALL TIME?

I find the less popular critics' opinions less,  influenced/wavered? I don't know if that's the right word. Rolling Stone have always sucked, imo, they embarrass themselves every time they post a top 50/100/500 list. Pitchfork gave We Are Young Money a higher score than Clipse's Casket Drops. I can't take them too seriously.

Hehehe . . . Your Bible The Source gave the albm 4 out of 5 mics.
For f[i]u[/i]ck's sake, this record was nominated for album of the year. . .
*yawn*
Fxck Grammys. It was bad enough when Release Therapy won it ahead of Game Theory and Food & Liquor. Or do you think 'credible critics' acclaimed it over the other 2?

Well you'll have to listen to more Lil Wayne to understand that.
It's obvious you don't listen to albums from this century. . . so I'll just leave that.
You can't back up your 'analysis', so you resort to this. I couldn't be bothered. I've listened to enough Lil' Wayne to form an opinion on him.

Hehehe . . . dude, I'm begining to understand you.
You know more than the critics, you know more than the magazines and you know more than the artistes themselves.
WOW . . . seriously, you must be Mozart in disguise. tongue tongue
I've formed my opinion. I'm not going to change that because some magazine that has to sell says so. And Eminem said Proof was better than him. Let's listen to the artistes themselves. *yawn*

That's Lil Wayne . . . take it or leave it.
Listem to P[i]u[/i]ssy, Money, Weed. . . that's what wins him Grammys.
There are better rappers who rap about the same thing but sell 5k copies a week.

This is a Lil Wayne V Drake thread homie.
Dude you think 'Mr Shopping bag Drizzy' is the best thing since sliced cheese with frankfurters and you're here talking??
Fail.
I believe I've said I don't like either of them much. I'd pick one over the other, the same way I'd rather be drowned to death than burnt alive. Get it now?€

Simple . . . I listen a wider range of music than you do.
So I'm in more capable of making an informed decision when it comes to stuff like this. tongue tongue
Really? It's old. I heard that last year. You claim it shows how good hip hop will be this year. I'm not even going to start boasting about my taste. I try to listen to alot of new stuff all the time. I have like 30 albums on my PC I haven't even listened to yet because I like to see what new peoplle can do. I'm the one telling you to download J.Cole and Pill so you'll listen to better new music instead of Weezy only. So don't think your 'wide range' will help you make more 'informed decisions'. If you really listen to the likes of Blu, Elzhi, Fashawn, Jay Elect, Little Brother, you'll eventually notice that Lil Wayne is generic crap.

Simples . . . it's more pleasant to the ear.
'If I had one guess, I guess I'm New Orleans' sounds better than 'I'm as big as New Orleans'
That's exactly what top rappers mean when they say Lil Wayne gets creative with everyday words.
Really? How does that even make any sense? How do you know he isn't trying to say he's FROM New Orleans? Because you and your unnamed 'top rappers', can read his mind, right?

But nah  . . . you know more about rap music than them, I forgot.
I'm glad you regard me so highly, but I'm not that awesome.  embarassed

Besides it's so obvious . . . Drake is just a Lil Wayne with a little Kanye in him, everyone knows that.
Even Drake has admitted that on National TV.
I hear it's because Drake is his new ghostwriter, after Gillie the kid left him?

Figure of speech dude . . .isn't that what rap's all about??
When Nas says he 'got flags in five continents' does it mean he's a place??
He's got FLATS in other continents, sir.

I know you don't like Weezy . . . but come the f[i]u[/i]ck on.
J. Cole doesn't do wordplay like Lil Wayne, Big L?? Are these guys in today's rap game?? What next?? You'll call Rakim when I talk about the future of hiphop??
lol
Rakim hasn't retired. Rakim released a nice album last year. He is part of 'the future of hip-hop'. At least, I'm looking forward to his next project over Cudi or Wale or Drake.

poo, that's how metaphors should be done??
Here I was thinking it was metaphorically mixing ish like 'call me Mr shopping bag Drizzy'.
I only bolded that because of the multis.

He sped up his flow after only about four lines . . . oh, so only three-quarters of the Weezy's verse beat Drake?? Sh[i]i[/i]t!!!
As usual you misfire . . . here he was talking about him bringing something new but nah, you want to go sniffing up cow dung in Kano.
Hold up. Lemme clear something up. This is the part I meant.
[Weezy]
and I will never stop like i’m running from the cops/
hop up in my car and told my chauffeur to the top/
life is like a f-cking roller coaster then it drops/
but what should I scream for this is my theme park/
That's not 3/4.
Try again.

Nah . . . you just started listening to mixtapes, that's the only reason you'll pick No Celings over Da Drought Trilogy in the first place.
Erm . . . It's on So Far Gone, aren't you Mr 'I download every available mixtape available on rapbasement.com'??
I SAID LAST YEAR.
And you say you have a 'wider range' then you criticize me for 'downloading every available mixtape'. smh.

Yeah . . . he definitely tore Drake's verse apart on every level.
He broke down in 30 seconds what Drake spent 5 minutes spewing.
You're going 180 now. First you're like 'omg how can you compare 30 seconds to 5 minutes', then you go to 'oh the 30 secs was better anyway'. Make up your mind.

Yep . . . I've heard Nas, Pac, Big L and Rakim refer to their rap verses as sh[i]i[/i]t before so you have no point here, sarcasm or no sarcasm tongue tongue
Huh? Where? They talk about how smelly their shiit is? Really? How corny is that? Wow, smelly shiit. Great metaphor.

Hehehe . . . that's Lil Wayne Vs Lil Wayne . . . dude c'mon.  undecided
Nope. This is getting annoying. Is Swagga like us off Lil Wayne's album? Because he was in the 2 songs it's an excuse to give it to a poorer song? Or is it that you just don't want to blaspheme or admit that SLU was better?

I don't overrate him . . . I simply think comparing him to Drake is just B.S.
You mentioned a song and I showed you how good he was compared to Drake. . . c'est finis.
Cool. Comparing his past work with Drake's past work is BS. He doesn't even have an album out yet. And his mixtape is full of singing. I think he's been better on the songs they've been on together. Simple. My opinion.

The Source and other magazines rate his album the best of 2008. Drake is nowhere near there.
I repeat, you have no point.
Because he has none out? You have no point either. This comparison is unfair anyways.

I don't know who's the greatest rapper of all time or who's the best thing for rap's future . . . but one fact remains indisputable . . . Drake wishes he'll one day grow up to Weezy's level . . . literally.
And that's the sad part, isn't it?
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by chiogo(f): 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2010
Ahhhhhhhhhhh I love hax. embarassed grin
hax:

'I'm hotter than the sun and colder than y'all' and 'i call them april baby, cos they fools' are corny. Then he tries to execute corny ones well 'i'm so high i can eat a star' and fails. And he's the one who does wordplay like no other? No.
I thought that shiit was corny too, cracks me up every time like WTF?

However, there's no winning this argument. I also agree that winning the grammy's doesn't mean anything these days. I was shocked at Lil' wayne winning the other year, Lord knows his album wasn't better than American Gangster, Untitled, etc. Heck, I only liked Mr. Carter 'cause Jay-z was on it. grin

But Eldee is right, even though we don't agree. It's the so-called experts that determine who's ill or not - the critics, the Grammy's organizers, etc. So, if they say he's the greatest, it sort of counts as popular opinion even though the decisions are mostly made within small groups.

Bottom line is that Weezy has had his great moments and boy! has he had his wack ones too but I guess the latter can be overlooked since he's proven himself already. Drake, on the other hand is promising but still has a lot to prove so . . . .umm, I wouldn't exactly say Drake is better. . .yet.

Now, stop this argument and let's elope. grin grin
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by Genuflect(m): 7:33pm On Jan 30, 2010
Hax, I dey always feel your comments die!!
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 30, 2010
eldee:

It's so much easier arguing with someone that at least knows something about music. . .
Hax freaking picks out your every word, it's people like this that make me enjoy visiting the music section all the time. cheesy
What are you trying to say?
Just dnt hurt my feelings this morning
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by hax: 7:55pm On Jan 30, 2010
chiogo:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I love hax.  embarassed grin
I love me too, baby. grin

And you too, a little. tongue

But Eldee is right, even though we don't agree. It's the so-called experts that determine who's ill or not - the critics, the Grammy's organizers, etc. So, if they say he's the greatest, it sort of counts as popular opinion even though the decisions are mostly made within small groups.
Now I love you a little more. tongue  embarassed  tongue

Now, stop this argument and let's elope.  grin grin
Yeah baby! grin
Where to? Brazil?

Genuflect:

Hax, I dey always feel your comments die!!
Thanks jor. Great minds think alike. cheesy
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by chiogo(f): 8:04pm On Jan 30, 2010
hax:

I love me too, baby. grin
And you too, a little. tongue
Now I love you a little more. tongue  embarassed  tongue
That's more like it. tongue

hax:

Where to? Brazil?
Hmm, Brazil sounds nice but the Bahamas sounds even better. grin tongue
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by hax: 8:08pm On Jan 30, 2010
chiogo:

That's more like it. tongue
Yes my love. Without you, my life would be sardonic and lugubrious. lol

Hmm, Brazil sounds nice but the Bahamas sounds even better. grin tongue
Hmmm, I need somewhere cold. So we'd have to, you know, at night. tongue

London? grin
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by chiogo(f): 8:13pm On Jan 30, 2010
hax:

Yes my love. Without you, my life would be sardonic and lugubrious. lol
Oh gosh. embarassed

hax:

Hmmm, I need somewhere cold. So we'd have to, you know, at night. tongue

London? grin
Well damn, no use traveling, just come to my place then. It's 16 degrees. . .in Fahrenheits. grin grin
Are you in London?
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by hax: 8:28pm On Jan 30, 2010
chiogo:

Oh gosh. embarassed
I know right? What would I do without you?

Well damn, no use traveling, just come to my place then. It's 16 degrees. . .in Fahrenheits. grin grin
Are you in London?
Brrrr, lol
Isn't that a little too cold? Never mind then. The ice cubes and whipped cream'll stay longer. *evil laugh* lol

Nah. I'm sitting pretty in gidi o. lol
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by chic2pimp(m): 8:31pm On Jan 30, 2010
Why ain't I suprised Gators chose Drake? undecided
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by chiogo(f): 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2010
hax:

I know right? What would I do without you?
grin grin Same here, boo. Same here. tongue

hax:

Isn't that a little too cold? Never mind then. The ice cubes and whipped cream'll stay longer. *evil laugh* lol

Nah. I'm sitting pretty in gidi o. lol
Gidi = Lagos, right? I'm not in London though but I bet it's just as cold there. Just ask Eldee. grin
@ whipped cream/ice cubes grin grin shhhh!!!
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by hax: 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2010
chiogo:

grin grin Same here, boo. Same here.  tongue
Without you, I'd be in a permanent state of calamity and anomy.  kiss

Gidi = Lagos, right?
Yup. tongue

I'm not in London though but I bet it's just as cold there. Just ask Eldee.  grin
@ whipped cream/ice cubes  grin grin shhhh!!!
lol

Huh? Did I say anything about whipped cream and ice cubes? tongue
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by chiogo(f): 9:07pm On Jan 30, 2010
hax:

Ya crazy!! But I like. kiss tongue

hax:

Yup. tongue
For some reason I thought you were in London, you argue like them London peeps on here. grin

hax:

Huh? Did I say anything about whipped cream and ice cubes? tongue
Add BBQ sauce(my fave) to that. lmfao.
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by ofokaofoki: 9:13pm On Jan 30, 2010
SEE AS CHIOGO DEY POST OFF TOPIC. I NEVER TASI U THIS YEAR CHIOGO. AM COMING TO TASI U. grin grin
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by chic2pimp(m): 9:14pm On Jan 30, 2010
Chiogo and Hax make una take ya time ooooo angry angry.
Don't corrupt us here cuz if you'll like to know, some of us still possess clean minds and hearts
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by chiogo(f): 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2010
ofokaofoki:

SEE AS CHIOGO DEY POST OFF TOPIC. I NEVER TASI U THIS YEAR CHIOGO. AM COMING TO TASI U. grin grin
Yes oo, it's been a while. Bolajibaok/flowshow/bjpumpin/chassisgirl/ofokasibe/ofoka ofoki?? Wow, I just love doing that.
Oya, bring it on!!! grin

chic2pimp:

Chiogo and Hax make una take ya time ooooo angry angry.
Don't corrupt us here cuz if you'll like to know, some of us still possess clean minds and hearts

Says the guy who's tryna inspect my lipsrsealed

Ok guys, it's been fun. Lemme go do something with myself. mwah!!
Re: Drake Vs Lil'wayne by chic2pimp(m): 9:20pm On Jan 30, 2010
chiogo:

Says the guy who's tryna inspect my lipsrsealed

Ok guys, it's been fun. Lemme go do something with myself. mwah!!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked abomination. That is defintely not me. Someone must have hacked into my account tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

50 Cent Replacing Keyshia Cole For Olivia / Mtv Base Dilemma: How Do I Get My Video Aired? / INSTRUMENTAL: Iyanya – Mr Oreo [prod. Dj Flexon || Mp3 Downloa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.