Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,849 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo (6493 Views)

Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station / Roadside Hawkers: My Experience From Lagos To East. / Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by mrsage(m): 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
Fasten your seat belts as I narrate my experience on Friday 14th April 2016.

I love adventure anytime any day. I also manage a travel group called Naija Tourist. So this Easter we decided to explore.

We decided to go on a train ride from Lagos to Osogbo.

Then from Osogbo continue by Road to Ikogosi, Arinta Falls Ekiti then Idanre Hills in Ondo.

Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by mrsage(m): 7:26pm On Apr 24, 2017
From the beginning my instincts told me that the train experience would be memorable. But I couldn't figure out in which direction. Either negative or positive.

Eventually we had a group of 11tourists then myself and a colleague as organisers. Total 13.

We made enquiries about tickets and we were informed that we could get Fists class tickets to Osogbo.

I paid a visit to Iddo train station about 4 days before the trip.

Two days to the trip a friend informed me to visit the station again , especially because of the first Class tickets. Also since our trip would fall on a public holiday. Good Friday.

Then I got the unfortunate news: an official told me that they usually do not sell first Class tickets for short distance trips. And Osogbo is regarded as short distance.

They prefer to sell fist class to people travelling to Kano.

I was dumbfounded but the Nigerian in me came alive. I told him to make arrangements for 13 first Class tickets for me and we will sort it out grin . We exchanged numbers then I left.

I had to call him a day to the trip to remind him.
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by Oblitz(m): 7:35pm On Apr 24, 2017
continue
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by nifemi25(m): 8:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
Why not finish what you started.
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by holatimmy(f): 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2017
Oga kwantinu now

We await your experience
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by mrsage(m): 12:32am On Apr 25, 2017
Sorry. Had network issues...

Departure Experience

The train departure time was 12 noon and we all arrived early enough.

The iddo terminal was crowded.

Ticket sales started by 11am, then lo and behold they refused to sell First Class tickets to Osogbo bound passengers.

Then I had to hustle to get tickets, I called the official and he eventually got the first Class tickets for me ( I had to do it the Naija way grin ). I'm sure you know what that means.

Train actually departed by 2pm.

The first Class cabin is fully air conditioned but for some reason the AC didn't work.

See as we begin sweat like Xmas chicken for first Class cabin.

They had about 5 technicians on board and they kept moving back and forth but the AC still messed up.

Eventually we had partial air conditioning.

Pictures

Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by mrsage(m): 12:37am On Apr 25, 2017
The train ride was cool initially we took pictures along several terminals and had several stops.

Our Oyinbo tourist received Naija love from the boys.

More pictures

2 Likes

Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by mrsage(m): 12:42am On Apr 25, 2017
More pictures

Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by mrsage(m): 12:52am On Apr 25, 2017
We had several stops. I remember Ijoko,
Itori,
Lafenwa,
Kajola,
Ibadan
Ede then Osogbo.

Guess what.........

Remember we left Lagos at 2pm on Friday, we got to Osogbo at 1am on Saturday. shocked

At the end of the day, it was an interesting experience, made up of the good, bad and Ugly.

The Good

The several stops added spice to the trip.

The train had a bar so we could get some drinks and all.

We also got to meet people on board and all.

An opportunity to view different cities and villages from a different perspective.

The Bad

But the Railway System in Naija still has a long way to go.

Ticketing and reservation process very disorganised

Slow train plus several stops due to technical issues

Faulty Air Conditioning

Extremely long travel time. About 11 hours from Lagos to Osogbo.

At the end of the day, we had fun and we experienced the true meaning of adventure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by holatimmy(f): 7:13am On Apr 25, 2017
Getting to Osogbo 1am...how did u get somewhere to sleep or something shocked...because that place is diabolic
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by mrsage(m): 8:59am On Apr 25, 2017
holatimmy:
Getting to Osogbo 1am...how did u get somewhere to sleep or something shocked...because that place is diabolic

We already made plans for a bus to wait at the train station. We also had hotel reservation in place.

I'm an experienced tourist so had all plans in place. I'm also very familiar with the terrain.

* I honestly don't know about the diabolical aspect * I'm just a tourist.

1 Like

Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by richidinho(m): 12:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
GEJ legacy lives on
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by mrsage(m): 7:32pm On Apr 25, 2017
richidinho:
GEJ legacy lives on

Did you just say Legacy No comment....
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by holatimmy(f): 8:46am On Apr 26, 2017
mrsage:

We already made plans for a bus to wait at the train station. We also had hotel reservation in place.

I'm an experienced tourist so had all plans in place. I'm also very familiar with the terrain.

* I honestly don't know about the diabolical aspect * I'm just a tourist.
Better then...

Diabolism and Osogbo be like 5&6
Little wonder why any unacceptable act is linked to Osogbo weed.
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by dipznano: 10:44am On Apr 26, 2017
brother mrsage

do u know anything about rail transport from north east please? I don't want to fly coming home next week, I want adventure! but definitely not on a bus...
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by klexycole(m): 2:10pm On Apr 26, 2017
mrsage:
The train ride was cool initially we took pictures along several terminals and had several stops.

Our Oyinbo tourist received Naija love from the boys.

More pictures

shocked shocked shocked

Choi! See how person white! embarassed cheesy

Omo... Be like say na adventure sure pass now, I love the experience you shared. grin
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by mrsage(m): 9:11pm On Apr 26, 2017
holatimmy:

Better then...

If Osogbo people catch you ehn..... Na you talk am o grin
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by mrsage(m): 9:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
dipznano:
brother mrsage

do u know anything about rail transport from north east please? I don't want to fly coming home next week, I want adventure! but definitely not on a bus...

I'm sure you can get a train from Kano to Lagos. Not sure of other states.
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by mrsage(m): 10:22am On Apr 28, 2017
klexycole:

shocked shocked shocked

Choi! See how person white! embarassed cheesy

Omo... Be like say na adventure sure pass now, I love the experience you shared. grin

Thank you.

Sincerely we all need to spice up our boring lives with some adventure.
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by mrsage(m): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2017
More pictures

1 Like

Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by mrsage(m): 10:26am On Apr 28, 2017
Cupcakes on board... kiss

1 Like

Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by DawnEden(m): 6:14am On Oct 10, 2017
holatimmy:
You shouldn't say such things, do you have any experience of it being diabolic? It's not diabolic at all with reference to any places in Nigeria. I have once stayed there for close to 2 years and I can boastfully say that Osogbo is a peaceful and quiet place, An ideal place to stay when you have retired and aged
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by DawnEden(m): 6:16am On Oct 10, 2017
holatimmy:

Better then...

Really? Seriously!
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by Basic123: 1:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
DawnEden:

Really? Seriously!
Dont mind the okija born tribalist.

Osogbo has the best electricity supply in the country.at LEAST 18hr/day.Your generator will be useless!

1 Like

Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by DawnEden(m): 7:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
Basic123:

Dont mind the okija born tribalist.

Osogbo has the best electricity supply in the country.at LEAST 18hr/day.Your generator will be useless!
True, I forgot to mention that electricity supply is one of the best if not the best in Nigeria. Maybe it's the diabolism that provide the power supply

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by ObaKlaz: 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
mrsage:
Fasten your seat belts as I narrate my experience on Friday 14th April 2016.

I love adventure anytime any day. I also manage a travel group called Naija Tourist. So this Easter we decided to explore.

We decided to go on a train ride from Lagos to Osogbo.

Then from Osogbo continue by Road to Ikogosi, Arinta Falls Ekiti then Idanre Hills in Ondo.

Please Op, I guess I can get to travel by train from Osogbo to Kano. I'd very much appreciate a response.

Merry Christmas.
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by NobodyKnows(m): 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2018
mrsage:
More pictures
How much is Lagos to osogbo ticket?
Re: Train Ride Experience From Lagos To Osogbo by uzoexcel(m): 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2019
hmm..i ll probably add this to my to-do list.Thanks @op

(1) (Reply)

Is There Money And Jobs In Uzbekistan / Need Cheap Air Tickets? / Click On These Links For Online Visas/application Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.