Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,978 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Shipping 101: Help Needed - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Shipping 101: Help Needed (567 Views)

Brand New HTC One (M8) Dual Sim For ₦101,000.00 / ****Lightening Fast RO/RO Vehicle Shipping From Any U.S Location Made Easy***** / Sell Dumps 2013. Eu/asia/arabic/usa 101-201. ICQ:3993393. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shipping 101: Help Needed by zarrek000(m): 8:11am On Jan 05, 2010
I am currently in Canada. i want to start shipping cars to Nigeria for sale. I need a step to step guide on how to carry out this shipping practice,

NB, I have no Idea about shipping, please do not leave out any detail.

Thanks. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Shipping 101: Help Needed by KunleA2(m): 8:55am On Jan 05, 2010
Where in Canada are you located?
Re: Shipping 101: Help Needed by zarrek000(m): 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
Re: Shipping 101: Help Needed by KunleA2(m): 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2010
Looking at the map, i am thinking that the only option you will have from your area is to containerize the vehicles. That means you will have to load the vehicles in a container and ship them. A typical sedan like the camry or maxima will be 4 cars in one container. Something like a 4runner or pathfinder will be 3 to one container. Armadas can be 2 and add something like one camry to one container.

The good aspect of a container is that it is safe. the cars cannot be tampered with. However its costlier to ship and when it gets to Nigeria, it might be delayed in offloading due to space or equipment (crane) inadequacy and containerization will cost a little bit more to clear cos of inspection, container handling etc.

Your other option is something called RORO (Roll On- Roll Off) which is just a way that the vehicles are driven directly unto the platform on the ship just like you would in a parking lot. Safety is a major concern cos of theft of parts like emblems mirrors etc. However, its faster and cheaper.

[size=14pt]I am not sure where you can ship RORO to Naija from Canada.[/size] May be someone in the house with Canada's info can chime in.

You can however come down to somewhere like East Coast of the US (New York, New Jersey, Boston, Maryland) to buy the car or have an agent buy there for you (As long as you know that you can rely on them and that thorough inspection will be done).
Those places have direct sail via RORO to Nigeria. This can save you more time. However, the disadvantage to that option is that you will be under the gun to buy something rather quickly in your short stay for you have to go back and the selection you made might not be the best in terms of quality and price.

Either way, you decide whats best for your purpose and goal, then run with that.

Good Luck Friend.

Do not hesitate to ask any question that you might have. My email is:[size=14pt] promise72@yahoo.com[/size]
Re: Shipping 101: Help Needed by zarrek000(m): 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2010
Thanks a lot, I actually thought of buying from the US though. I have a friend in California who can help me with that. I still have more questions but i'll just send you a mail, my email is zarrek419@yahoo.com, i have added you on my messenger. we could chat some time

thanks a lot
Re: Shipping 101: Help Needed by ib612(m): 5:43pm On Jan 05, 2010
@Poster:
Were you the one that sent me an e-mail? If you are i've sent you a reply may be you need to check your junk mail, too.

The best places to ship your cars in Canada are: Toronto & Montreal. I also ship my cars from the East Coast of USA a lot of time. You may give me a call on 1 416 939 1886

(1) (Reply)

Get A Car From Cotonum And Still Save Uo To 100 To 150k Than Buying From Lag / Looking For A Car Of 500-550k Direct Toks / Ship You Vehicle / Container From Usa To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.