Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel (25863 Views)

$43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees / Ikoyi $43 Million: Magu, Presidency In Dilemma Over The Discovered Cash / Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by fruitsville: 9:28am On Apr 25, 2017
Useless Country! Main while, if you don't know, the panel set up is completely UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!!IRRESPECTIVE OF THE COMMON GOOD! THIS IS WHY I HATE THIS COUNTRY! THEY DON'T RESPECT THE RULE OF LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!z
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by burkingx(f): 9:29am On Apr 25, 2017
cheesy

Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by burkingx(f): 9:31am On Apr 25, 2017
genieplus86:
Yam eaters
...... grin grin grin

Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by delighteaners2: 9:32am On Apr 25, 2017
View won slip picture for your Gratification, Light tomorrow with todays effort.View won slip photo for your Gratification, Light tomorrow with todays affort.

Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by mapet: 9:35am On Apr 25, 2017
fruitsville:
Useless Country! Main while, if you don't know, the panel set up is completely UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!!IRRESPECTIVE OF THE COMMON GOOD! THIS IS WHY I HATE THIS COUNTRY! THEY DON'T RESPECT THE RULE OF LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!z

Pls can you furnish us with the section of the constitution that precludes this panel from investigating the cases?
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by freeay: 9:36am On Apr 25, 2017
NIA is under NSA, if he wrote a memo to the NSA on a particular money meant for covert operations under his custody, then Oke has no case to answer. He has done the right thing. And to some people on this forum, not all monies are kept in the bank especially when it comes to security issues.

2 Likes

Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by Originalsly: 9:37am On Apr 25, 2017
Hmmm....covert operations... multinational company being paid in cold cash... expected to learn about the source of the cash and why not kept in a bank ... why brought by a private citizen....and who kept the books if any. Covert operations indeed.
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by Afritop(m): 9:41am On Apr 25, 2017

“At the end of it all, Oke was heard saying ‘I did my best before the committee. I have left the rest to God.”
MISCHIEVOUS CHARACTERS IN POLITICAL OFFICE NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME. THEY WILL ALWAYS PUT GOD FACTOR TO EVERY MISCHIEF. SO CUNNY OF THEM
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by ocelot2006(m): 9:44am On Apr 25, 2017
fitzmayowa:
This is really interesting, Monguno who has been named by the DG of the NIA to be aware of the release of the money is also part of the panel grilling the NIA DG

In saner climes Monguno would be facing serious questions for the part he played in the looting spree, and not be rewarded with a seat on the table...

What kind of joke is this At the end of the day the fall guy will be the NIA DG for his part in this looting spree, while the real "director in charge of this robbery" will go scot free without a scratch...

There is & was NO "looting spree" by either the NIA or the NSA. So far it sounds quite legitimate as proof of the money & shell companies serving as fronts for NIA's operations have been listed. I'm certain to a considerable degree that the suspended DG will be vindicated/cleared of any wrongdoings.
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by ocelot2006(m): 9:45am On Apr 25, 2017
freeay:
NIA is under NSA, if he wrote a memo to the NSA on a particular money meant for covert operations under his custody, then Oke has no case to answer. He has done the right thing. And to some people on this forum, not all monies are kept in the bank especially when it comes to security issues.

Please tell them oh!
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by ocelot2006(m): 9:52am On Apr 25, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmm....covert operations... multinational company being paid in cold cash... expected to learn about the source of the cash and why not kept in a bank ... why brought by a private citizen....and who kept the books if any. Covert operations indeed.

Do you even know how Foreign Intelligence Services work? Not every cash owned by them is stored in the bank? How do they undertake transactions that are untraceable back to them? And yes, Intelligence Services use so called SHELL COMPANIES to mask their covert activities behind legitimate business in other nations so as to gather intelligence secretly and protect themselves from the eyes of the host nation's Counter-Espionage teams/agencies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by Originalsly: 10:02am On Apr 25, 2017
ocelot2006:

Do you even know how Foreign Intelligence Services work? Not every cash owned by them is stored in the bank? How do they undertake transactions that are untraceable back to them? And yes, Intelligence Services use so called SHELL COMPANIES to mask their covert activities behind legitimate business in other nations so as to gather intelligence secretly and protect themselves from the eyes of the host nation's Counter-Espionage teams/agencies.
....I don't know how they work... tell me... do they have relatives/non employees handling their cash? ... having free access to where it is kept?...and no accountability? ...do you even know what you're talking about?
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by r2beez(m): 10:12am On Apr 25, 2017
Jeffboi:
*What was the money doing in that apartment when banks full everywhere?

*what kind of projects was the money meant for?

*who/which organization nor company is executing the project?

*how long has the money been in that apartment?

According to the whistle blower women always go into the apartment disguising themselves * who are those women?

And a member of the panel is among the culprits

I weep for naija cry cry cry

Water suppose don finish for your eye by now
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by Tecno66: 10:34am On Apr 25, 2017
sarrki:

http://thenationonlineng.net/nsa-knew-43-4m-nia-boss-oke-tells-panel/
This is becoming interesting. But the same NSA is a member of the investigating panel. Wonderful. I know GEJ will end up taking the blame as usual.
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by Kaimallamm: 10:39am On Apr 25, 2017
Kaimallamm:
Obasanjom was involved in the crime for the money..

So how can osinbajo , who is obasanjom in-law now chair a planel.

Obasanjom and others were involved in in-law act... obasanjom commited an act. Of crimes...

Obasanjom can not denied is involvement. The .Money was found in an apartment close to obasanjom friend.
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:39am On Apr 25, 2017
Kaimallamm:
No company collect cash in Dollar. In Nigeria without going through banks.

The money was said to be picked up by someone. In an operation. That is what they claimed. Before.

Speak on what you know. This is not your every day security outfit but one that does all its assignment in foreign currencies as it does not operate within our shores.

They do theirs on cash to make it untraceable. You don't expect NIA to wore funds to agents from either the CBN OR commercial banks.

For me, if that amount is all that is left to the nia to prize out sensitive info from counter agents and foreign nationals in today's global world then it is a chicken feed by all means

1 Like

Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:46am On Apr 25, 2017
Originalsly:
....I don't know how they work... tell me... do they have relatives/non employees handling their cash? ... having free access to where it is kept?...and no accountability? ...do you even know what you're talking about?

Everything and everybody is an expendable agents to intelligence. Ther are so called intellectuals and international business men who are agents of the Nia. Intelligence does most of it operations with cash that can't be traced to them. They can actually use your dad to send you money without your dad even being aware of who you are or who they are.

Read up how CIA got osama
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by HAH: 10:52am On Apr 25, 2017
ocelot2006:

You got right, NIA is a secret organization and their operations operations are generally covert, if they had kept the money in a bank then it is no longer secret, on the issue of the house it is a worldwide practice by secret service to have safe house ,if truly Oke has informed the NSA then he has done his bid, sadly most commentators just talk without some knowledge of secret service operations

2 Likes

Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by Tecno66: 10:52am On Apr 25, 2017
sarrki:

i suspect Amb. Oke informed the authorities but they decided the money should remain where its kept with 2019 in view. My suspicion will be comfirmed if Oke is cleared. If there were no high people involved, Oke would by now be locked up like other currupt suspects.
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by emmaelectelect(m): 11:04am On Apr 25, 2017
GavelSlam:
Just as Metuh said he and Abang knew.

Let's get a confirmation of such correspondence.
Yes they were in the same law school Chidi Odinkalu also made such assertion
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/200474-justice-abang-definitely-knew-metuh-classmate-chidi-odinkalu.html
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by GavelSlam: 11:08am On Apr 25, 2017
emmaelectelect:

Yes they were in the same law school Chidi Odinkalu also made such assertion
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/200474-justice-abang-definitely-knew-metuh-classmate-chidi-odinkalu.html

Do you understand the difference between being in the same school and actually knowing each other?
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by ideaz: 11:12am On Apr 25, 2017
Esseite:
What then is munguno doing among the panel?

Very important question!
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by Goddex: 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2017
TippyTop:
So NSA knew this money was kept at Ikoyi?
I knew there was a reason this case was being handled by Osibanjo rather than the police or EFCC.

Monguno is the NSA director and he is there sitting next to Osibanjo in a case he is involved in. SMH!
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by prodiga: 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2017
sarrki:

The office of monguno must be included in the panel
The NIA office is under NSA.

It was mere speculation then if he's found wanting we will call for his head.
I know osinbajo won't spare anyone likewise baba
The right person is heading the panel now
abeg cover your head in shame,u have been looking for attention from BMC to employ you but nothing ewu
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by ocelot2006(m): 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
Originalsly:

Care to provide PROOF that the money was handled by employees' relative? Cos last I checked it was ONLY NIA agents stationed in that flat. Please I don't do conspiracy theories like you.
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by slivertongue: 2:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
sarrki:
We are waiting for the report next week

nothing will come out of it.
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by Originalsly: 3:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Everything and everybody is an expendable agents to intelligence. Ther are so called intellectuals and international business men who are agents of the Nia. Intelligence does most of it operations with cash that can't be traced to them. They can actually use your dad to send you money without your dad even being aware of who you are or who they are.

Read up how CIA got osama
That's why you have shell/straw companies.... that's why they have Black Ops....money allocated for Black Ops is known by all ...how it is being used is known by a very small group. This amount in cash ..all stashed?..for covert ops? If so there was no need for such an investigation.
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by holluphemydavid(m): 3:35pm On Apr 25, 2017
he shud be invited by efcc as soon as possible
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by Omobolaji20(m): 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2017
fitzmayowa:
This is really interesting, Monguno who has been named by the DG of the NIA to be aware of the release of the money is also part of the panel grilling the NIA DG

In saner climes Monguno would be facing serious questions for the part he played in the looting spree, and not be rewarded with a seat on the table...

What kind of joke is this At the end of the day the fall guy will be the NIA DG for his part in this looting spree, while the real "director in charge of this robbery" will go scot free without a scratch...

i no dey comment for heeere but u jst said everytin(in writing) i v in mind.

You cant b a judge in a case dat v everytin to do with you....

buhari/Osinbajo remove NSA from d panel
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
sarrki:

Noooooo! It was amaechi who owns the money, according to the political thug of port harcourt annd our own parrots FFK and Fayose. Yeye and bad belle people
Re: NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel by positivetaught: 4:24pm On Apr 25, 2017
I have said it before n I will keep saying it,if mongono was informed beforehand hand by Oke n he failed to brief buhari, there should not be any cover up,he should be punished, we are watching n taking notes,Danbazau,buratai, kyari have all been noted already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obaseki Sacks Sabina Chikere, Shaibu’s Sister-In-Law Amid Feud With Deputy / Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) / Galadima: How Buhari Rejected Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.