Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Morgan Freeman: ‘I Feared I’d Be An Old Man And Never Have Got To Do What I Want - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Morgan Freeman: ‘I Feared I’d Be An Old Man And Never Have Got To Do What I Want (324 Views)

I’d Be Worried If Men Don’t Make Passes At Me - Uche Elendu / Bisi Alimi 10 Years Challenge Photos Have Got People Talking / Photos Of Mr Ibu & His Wife At A Football Match That Have Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Morgan Freeman: ‘I Feared I’d Be An Old Man And Never Have Got To Do What I Want by nusto: 10:32am On Apr 25, 2017
If you happen to spot Morgan Freeman on the street, do not ask him for a selfie. “Everyone wants you to stop whatever you’re doing and have a selfie. They’ll even ask you on the elevator: ‘Oh hi! Do you mind?’ I do mind,” says the actor known as the voice of God.

The spry 79-year-old has even forgone his daily work-out for fear of the phone brigade. “I’ve taken care of my body for most of my working life,” he adds.

“Hollywood won’t even let me retire. Of course, I can afford to retire, but now I do it for the fun”
He began his career as a dancer in musical theatre, making his Broadway debut in a 1968 all-black version of Hello Dolly!. “I owe a lot of my exercise regimen to dance because it’s a wonderful set of exercises for mind and body. But I can’t work out on the road.

“I can’t even go to a nice hotel gym because everyone goes, ‘Oh my god,’ and gets the cameras out. Nobody is without their camera. I even see homeless guys with their cameras.” He will occasionally make exceptions: “If it’s a really, really pretty woman.”

He has no such concerns back at home in Charleston, Mississippi, where he has a 124-acre ranch. “I’ve been [there] now for many years, so everybody got their selfies years ago. They’re done with it now. I can go shopping and eat in restaurants without any bother.”

Success, however, didn’t arrive until he was 50, when Driving Miss Daisy finally landed him on every director’s wish list. His career might have taken off earlier had he not rejected a

FUll story: https://www.trendiee.com/entertainment/morgan-freeman-feared-id-old-man-never-got-wanted/

(1) (Reply)

Lol.. Nigerians On Twitter Comes For Kcee Over Dollar Photo... / Code Of Conduct Of F.r.i.e.n.d.s.h.i.p By Tushbee. / 3 Secret Ways To Get A Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.