Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Why Nnamdi Kanu May Remain In Jail Till 2019!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nnamdi Kanu May Remain In Jail Till 2019!!! (676 Views)

Junaid Mohammed: Why Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested If He Steps Into Nigeria / Jubril From Sudan: Why Nnamdi Kanu May Be Right – Omokri / Abandoning Nnamdi Kanu May Haunt South-east Leaders In 2019 — Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nnamdi Kanu May Remain In Jail Till 2019!!! by softwerk(f): 4:31pm On Apr 25, 2017
It is no longer news that the self-acclaimed leader of The Independent People Of Biafra (IPOD) was today granted bail by the High Court in Abuja to enable him seek medical attention.

The bail is however to be perfected under VERY difficult conditions which I personally think he may not be able to meet anytime soon which may imply his continued detention at Kuje prison till 'maybe' 2019 when his release will be used as a political bargaining chip with Eastern voters.

Among the conditions are the following and my opinion highlighted;

1. Three (3) persons to stand surety for him to include the following;

(a) A Serving Senator:

The Senate is currently in mourning over the death of Senator Adeleke and they are also still battling the Presidency on serious political and corruption related matters especially Saraki's continued trial at the CCT and Magu's non-confirmation. I pity the future of the Senator that will be bold enough to stand surety for a supposed secessionist like Nnamdi Kanu who is standing trial for Treason! I may be wrong but does APGA currently have any representation at the Senate?

(b) A Prominent Igbo Leader:

This might not be a real problem but it will be left for the court to define and qualify the word 'Prominent' and even 'Leader'

(c) A Jewish Leader:

How on earth will Nnamdi Kanu get a Jewish Leader to stand surety for him in Nigeria? Judaism is not a constitutionally recognized religion in Nigeria except IPOD quickly imports a Jewish Leader from Israel. Kanu always dresses like a Jew ONLY to attract sympathy from the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to recognise Biafra and not because he practices the religion. Igbos have claimed lineage to Jews for over 100years now but have never been recognised by Israel as real Jews!

2. N100Million Surety from the 3 people:

In this era of the EFCC discovering hidden cash in abandoned buildings, graves and soak away pits who will want to voluntarily expose themselves or their source of wealth to Magu for investigation?!

3. One must possess a landed property in Abuja:

For the same reason as above!

4. His international passport (plus VISAS of course) will NOT be released to him:

Nnamdi Kanu vehemently claims he is fighting for the freedom of a whole nation (Biafra). Seizing his passport is like taking his freedom and I do not believe he will agree to this. Moreover, he gathered more followers while he was out of the country to support his fight. The man might also require his passport to travel abroad for proper medical attention.

5. He is NOT to be seen granting press interviews:

This will ONLY happen if he has finally and maybe cowardly agreed a deal with the Federal Government to FORGET about Biafra completely! The Nnamdi Kanu we observed these past years in court may NEVER agree to shelve the Biafra idea except maybe when dead!

6. He is NOT to be seen in a crowd of more than 10 persons:

For the same reason as above!

7. The bail does NOT cover his 2 other co-accused and they will continue to remain in jail:

Nnamdi Kanu is solidarity will NOT want to leave behind his co-accused in Kuje prison to continue eating what some call 'watery beans' while he enjoys his freedom as a FREE MAN!

Nelson Mandela NEVER left any of his co-freedom fighters in JAIL!!!

Please feel free to comment constructively.

Softwerk

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu May Remain In Jail Till 2019!!! by pchukwudi: 4:34pm On Apr 25, 2017
undecided
Did you ever believe he would be granted bail before today?

Keep SPECULATING.

Baba Ijebu!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu May Remain In Jail Till 2019!!! by BigBelleControl(m): 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
These are stringent conditions but I'm sure they can be met. All I see is political solution. Buhari seems to be easing off gradually, some if his recent actions and inactions are signs of underhand dealings.
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu May Remain In Jail Till 2019!!! by vayne(m): 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
E go do you like film,no be Nigeria again?
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu May Remain In Jail Till 2019!!! by divinelove(m): 4:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
senators will fight to act as a surety to him esp those who kws what kind of goodwill and popularity that will earn them in Igboland which will translate to votes at the poll.

Few traders in onisha and ariaria market can easily raise 100million even 100billion for his bail. Igbos are mega rich ppl

what are d other nonsenses on his bail conditions op, well i can assure u dt Igbos can provide d skull of ur great grand father to free their super LION KANU.

ALL HIS BAIL CONDITIONS CAN BE MET

5 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu May Remain In Jail Till 2019!!! by Linzo(m): 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
Op i guess the shock of Nnamdi Kanu release as not gone over you? How do you think that Nnamdi cannot meet such meagre bail conditions ? let me tell you bro, even if it is 1Billion naira ball conditions he kanu will meet it within two days. It seems you don't understand this struggle, it's a struggle of a whole nation not Kanu. He is just like a president acting the script (constitution) written by the people (electorates) . So receive bRaI****n
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu May Remain In Jail Till 2019!!! by XerXers: 5:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
More consolation threads are expected. I can feel your frustrations all through the thread. Did you believe there would be bail at all before, who told Kanu is complaining if he one millions years in prison, one thing is for sure, he can not be blackmailed into abandoning the struggle

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu May Remain In Jail Till 2019!!! by kingzizzy: 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
The OP is talking nonsense. This case will be dispenced with before the end of the year

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Whistleblower Policy: EFCC Has Recovered About N17bn – Magu / Which Story Has Ever Turned Out To Be True From Sahara Reporters / More Pictures From Aisha Buhari Visit To Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.