Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Did Elisha Sin Here? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Elisha Sin Here? (2731 Views)

Tope Alabi Slow And Steady Walk Into Sin (here Is Proof) / Who Has Committed Sin Here? / Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Elisha Sin Here? by bingbagbo(m): 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
2 Kings 2:23-24

Elisha Is Jeered
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

Did the prophet sin
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by CarolineOlawale(f): 10:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 25, 2017
So you're trying to say that it's not a sin OR it is a sin to "call down curses" on people regardless of if it's a prophet of God or not..correct?

Certain circumstances demand certain actions.
Motive is important.

There was a reason for this. Clearly, the Lord was with Elisha when he did this.
One size does not fit all....

Question was Modified....
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by randomperson: 7:29am On Apr 26, 2017
MZLady39:
So you're trying to say that it's not a sin to "call down curses on people because a prophet of God did it correct?

Motive is important.

There was a reason for this. Clearly, the Lord was with Elisha when he did this.
OMG!! What kind of twisted minds do Christians have?

So your god and Elisha are okay with brutally murdering children??
So if your son makes jest of a person and the guy brings out a knife and slits his throat, u'll just give the person a warm handshake??
Mehn! That's psychopathic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by enshy: 9:31am On Apr 26, 2017
randomperson:

OMG!! What kind of twisted minds do Christians have?

So your god and Elisha are okay with brutally murdering children??
So if your son makes jest of a person and the guy brings out a knife and slits his throat, u'll just give the person a warm handshake??
Mehn! That's psychopathic
As your moniker, your analysis has no specific direction, its on random motion!
You just muddled up a decent response from the lady.
Isnt Elisha a man of authority? Is the guy with the knife a man of authority?
Your comparisons are as random also...
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by hopefulLandlord: 9:48am On Apr 26, 2017
enshy:
As your moniker, your analysis has no specific direction, its on random motion! You just muddled up a decent response from the lady. Isnt Elisha a man of authority? Is the guy with the knife a man of authority? Your comparisons are as random also...
how do you define "Authority" though?
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by randomperson: 9:57am On Apr 26, 2017
enshy:

What kind of nonsense distinction is this? So a man of authority has the right to kill 42 children??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by bingbagbo(m): 12:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
MZLady39:
So you're trying to say that it's not a sin to "call down curses on people because a prophet of God did it correct?

Motive is important.

far from that
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by enshy: 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2017
randomperson:

What kind of nonsense distinction is this? So a man of authority has the right to kill 42 children??
Your response wearies me.
Did Elisha kill 42 children?
He gave a pronunciation, it came to pass and only a man of authority does that.
And you compared that with someone who killed with the Knife? When the Police arrests him, he can tell he learnt it from Elisha.
Pls you dont comment on all threads, learn also from the Wise!
cc hopefulandlord or hopefullandlord

1 Like

Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by enshy: 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

how do you define "Authority" though?
Elisha's pronunciation best describes this! He commanded animals...Who could do that? Thats authority!
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by hopefulLandlord: 7:59pm On Apr 26, 2017
enshy:

Elisha's pronunciation best describes this!
He commanded animals...Who could do that?
Thats authority!

so you're saying if I can command my pet lion to devour you, it shows I'm a man of authority

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by NPComplete: 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2017
enshy:

And you compared that with someone who killed with the Knife? When the Police arrests him, he can tell he learnt it from Elisha.

What's ur point? Are u saying it is right because a man of authority did it? What kind of twisted minds do these Christians have?
So Elisha using his ability to kill children for mocking him is somehow good and different from Muslims using their ability to also kill those who mock them and their religion because authority? What planet are u from?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by Wilgrea7(m): 8:33pm On Apr 26, 2017
yes... Elisha sinned there... no justification for that
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 26, 2017
bingbagbo:

far from that

Ok....maybe I should change it around then undecided
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 26, 2017
enshy:

Thanks brother...i added just a little more to the question I asked....but my reply remains the same smiley
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by hopefulLandlord: 10:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
Wilgrea7:
yes... Elisha sinned there... no justification for that

I'm an atheist but I'll play the devil's advocate; according to the scripture Elisha "cursed" the children, the exact words of the curse wasn't stated but I'm pretty sure he didn't say "Lions, come and devour these kids for making jest of my baldness"; I'll wager he said something angrily which any human being made jest of can say

the issue however is that it was Yahweh that actually sent the bears, so this (if my explanation is correct) isn't really Elisha's fault but Yahweh can do anything he likes and he pronounced judgement on the kids with immediate effect just like what happened to Ananias and Sapphira, Peter didn't pass the judgement himself

can you see how an "atheist" is able to give better explanation of a scripture passage than Enshy who's a "Christian"?

1 Like

Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by Wilgrea7(m): 11:11pm On Apr 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm an atheist but I'll play the devil's advocate; according to the scripture Elisha "cursed" the children, the exact words of the curse wasn't stated but I'm pretty sure he didn't say "Lions, come and devour these kids for making jest of my baldness"; I'll wager he said something angrily which any human being made jest of can say

the issue however is that it was Yahweh that actually sent the bears, so this (if my explanation is correct) isn't really Elisha's fault but Yahweh can do anything he likes and he pronounced judgement on the kids with immediate effect just like what happened to Ananias and Sapphira, Peter didn't pass the judgement himself

can you see how an "atheist" is able to give better explanation of a scripture passage than Enshy who's a "Christian"?

hmmm... you have a point... but contrary to the Christian belief that humans have to “pray" everytime they want to do something, the Jews held the view that someone holds a certain level of power depending on their walk with God.. just like how Moses face was shining brightly when he came down from the mountain(Jewish view).. its also similar to the view that one can somehow “command nature" when the person achieves a certain oneness with it(not sure if its entirely Jewish).. just like when God told moses to command the rock and he struck it instead... the rock did bring out the water even though moses clearly disobeyed God.. so as for the case of Elisha, so i think I'll go with the Jewish view...

for Ananias and Sapphira, you have a point there... I'd have to agree with you that the “holy spirit" killed them... although like i said in one of my previous posts, I'm skeptical about the claim of the holy spirit by mainstream Christianity.. I'm beginning to doubt that's what Jesus meant if at all he really said anything like that.. I'll research more on it later
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by akintom(m): 11:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
enshy:

Kikikikikikiki... This guy sha.

OK, just the same way, one of you, plunged into lion's cage in ibadan zoo. Because he was under the illusion of this type. The lions had him for fresh suya sharperly!

Authority? like that of Gov of oyo state.... Mr constituted authority!.

Rev King was a man of authority, but gallows awaits him shortly.
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by hopefulLandlord: 11:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
akintom:

Kikikikikikiki... This guy sha.

OK, just the same way, one of you, plunged into lion's cage in ibadan zoo. Because he was under the illusion of this type. The lions had him for fresh suya sharperly!

Authority? like that of Gov of oyo state.... Mr constituted authority!.

Ajomobi aka Enshy: The children had no respect for constituted authority, you should have respect for constituted authority no matter what
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by akintom(m): 11:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Ajomobi aka Enshy: The children had no respect for constituted authority, you should have respect for constituted authority no matter what

Kikikikikikiki.. Lmao

Enshy aka constituted authority!
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by randomperson: 1:14am On Apr 27, 2017
enshy:

Mehn, this is ridiculous...
Lemme ask you these questions:
"Why did god choose a person who is capable of making such terrible pronunciation?
Why did god stand by and let the children be torn to pieces by the bears...
And if Elisha didn't kill the children who did?

1 Like

Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by enshy: 6:58am On Apr 27, 2017
akintom:

Kikikikikikiki.. Lmao
Enshy aka constituted authority!
akintom, you are here? Really a long time, I missed you ooo.
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by akintom(m): 7:52am On Apr 27, 2017
enshy:
akintom, you are here? Really a long time, I missed you ooo.
it's been a long time too. Did you get detained on the mountain of 24hrs miracle, by the Holy Spirit?
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by enshy: 10:10am On Apr 27, 2017
akintom:
it's been a long time too.
Did you get detained on the mountain of 24hrs miracle, by the Holy Spirit?
Go jor!
The Holy Spirit I have in me is Loving and Caring.
I don't go on Mountains, My God is near me.
I have had my 24 hrs Miracles in the comfort of my room..There is my Prayer Altar! Amen!!
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by orisa37: 10:17am On Apr 27, 2017
Righteous Anger. And he called on the Lord and The Lord answered. No. He didn't sin.
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by Image123(m): 10:29am On Apr 27, 2017
bingbagbo:

2 Kings 2:23-24

Elisha Is Jeered
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

Did the prophet sin

This is over flogged. The point though is that Jesus should be the author and finisher of your faith. Of all the 1001 things Elisha did, you are yet to reproduce or copy one, so i wonder if you want to copy this one or what. Follow Jesus, you will not miss it that way.
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by randomperson: 10:37am On Apr 27, 2017
Image123:

This is over flogged. The point though is that Jesus should be the author and finisher of your faith. Of all the 1001 things Elisha did, you are yet to reproduce or copy one, so i wonder if you want to copy this one or what. Follow Jesus, you will not miss it that way.
But god who is Jesus appointed Elisha, so he must have supported or endorsed that action. Right?
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by luvmijeje(f): 10:37am On Apr 27, 2017
Image123:

Don't mind them. It's a warning to you all. If una like may una go deh mistakenly curse talkless of harm the one God has called.
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by Image123(m): 10:48am On Apr 27, 2017
randomperson:

But god who is Jesus appointed Elisha, so he must have supported or endorsed that action. Right?

Who cares, I don't. You the busybody shouldn't either. You should be more concerned about following Jesus Christ. What do you benefit if i told you that the action was right or wrong? You want to emulate Elisha, start with healing a leper or something.
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 27, 2017
enshy:

xo if buhari is passing and ur children laffs at him and he kills dem dat one too is authority nah.
Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by NPComplete: 10:53am On Apr 27, 2017
Image123:

I like how u are indirectly saying what Elisha did to those children isn't worthy of emulation. That's as close as we will probably get to a honest Christian on this thread. More honest and logical than Enshy's condescending "he's authority" answer.

1 Like

Re: Did Elisha Sin Here? by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 27, 2017
undecided
enshy:

Go jor!
The Holy Spirit I have in me is Loving and Caring.
I don't go on Mountains, My God is near me.
I have had my 24 hrs Miracles in the comfort of my room..There is my Prayer Altar! Amen!!
Tell me this God of urs has he ever spoken to you.i mean hav u ever heard his voice:-/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Atheists And The People Of The World Attack Christians! / Hell Fire Is Not Logical / Corporate Church Structure and the true role of a Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.