Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,138 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Scrabble Or Chess, Which Is Harder And More Tactical. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Scrabble Or Chess, Which Is Harder And More Tactical. (3159 Views)

Do You Love Scrabble And Chess? And You Stay In Ikorodu Environ? Lets Meet Here. / Thread For Scrabble And Chess Lovers / CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scrabble Or Chess, Which Is Harder And More Tactical. by mamuzoOMAH(m): 9:34am On Apr 26, 2017
For me I will go with scrabble, being that scrabble requires a lot of mental exercise. A good player who wants to win, need to know thousands of words where as chess just need knowing the right moves to make at the right time to check make the king.
Scrabble needs a very good and retentive memory to remember the thousands of word you know.
Scrabble also need tactics too as application of words in the wrong places will see u being counter attacked by your opponent.
In scrabble also, you don't know the words your opponent has and hence you will need to play mind games on ur opponent as well as being very tactical else, you will see ur opponent score miles apart from u. This is not the same in Chess as u both have the same pieces and hence you know what ur opponent has already.
Scrabble requires your memory immensely. The people who win the most elite tournaments know their words and can find them. It requires having a strong memory to know tens of thousands of words, being able to rearrange the letters in their head, and a smattering of other more technical things like defense and other strategic aspects.
Scrabble to me, it's harder than.

Well, this is just my opinion and I'm seeking for urs. Which of these game is harder?

1 Like

Re: Scrabble Or Chess, Which Is Harder And More Tactical. by OversightTM(m): 10:06am On Apr 26, 2017
Re: Scrabble Or Chess, Which Is Harder And More Tactical. by OversightTM(m): 10:09am On Apr 26, 2017
mamuzoOMAH:
For me I will go with scrabble, being that scrabble requires a lot of mental exercise. A good player who wants to win, need to know thousands of words where as chess just need knowing the right moves to make at the right time to check make the king.
Scrabble needs a very good and retentive memory to remember the thousands of word you know.
Scrabble also need tactics too as application of words in the wrong places will see u being counter attacked by your opponent.
In scrabble also, you don't know the words your opponent has and hence you will need to play mind games on ur opponent as well as being very tactical else, you will see ur opponent score miles apart from u. This is not the same in Chess as u both have the same pieces and hence you know what ur opponent has already.
Scrabble requires your memory immensely. The people who win the most elite tournaments know their words and can find them. It requires having a strong memory to know tens of thousands of words, being able to rearrange the letters in their head, and a smattering of other more technical things like defense and other strategic aspects.
Scrabble to me, it's harder than.

Well, this is just my opinion and I'm seeking for urs. Which of these game is harder?
I play both games but to me , chess requires more mental activity than scrabble. It isn't all about knowing all the right moves; how about playing with someone who evenly matches your level. If I lose a game of chess twice to the same person I feel hurt in the head. I am not an elite player though.

1 Like

Re: Scrabble Or Chess, Which Is Harder And More Tactical. by DeLioncourt: 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
you can't even compare chess to scrabble. Chess is a strategy game.. war lords play chess, not scrabble.
Playing an equally matched opponent or a better opponent is where the test of your ability lies.
In scrabble, once you have some key letters, you're almost guaranteed a win. Doubt it? Just place QI on TW space and that's easy 33 points.
A good memory is what you need for scrabble but that won't be enough for chess.
You need be able to read your opponent, anticipate his moves, attempt to deceive and eventually conquer him.
Chess is def harder and more tactical than scrabble.

3 Likes

Re: Scrabble Or Chess, Which Is Harder And More Tactical. by wman(m): 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
I play both.

Chess is harder and more tactical.

My brain gets stressed after a game of chess.

3 Likes

Re: Scrabble Or Chess, Which Is Harder And More Tactical. by Sherifastro(m): 10:57am On May 02, 2017
Actually i play both chess and scrabble, both chess is my best game, which gives sharp memory enables you to think faster and deeper,, infact my chess would be the first thing i will train my boy on.. I even play chess in dreams due to too much play

For my own view its always chess
Re: Scrabble Or Chess, Which Is Harder And More Tactical. by blunt2dcore(m): 5:39pm On May 02, 2017
Chess is more tactical. Scrabble is based on luck since it involves random selection of tiles. Chess game requires intensive thinking, planning and strategies. Chess game helps you in planning ahead and predicting several moves of your opponent. This is also applicable in real life. That's why chess players are smart & brainy.

3 Likes

Re: Scrabble Or Chess, Which Is Harder And More Tactical. by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 02, 2017
Dafuq is wrong with y'all?

No one cares if one is more strategic.

Just get along and play them already.

They are both board games for peacesakes
Re: Scrabble Or Chess, Which Is Harder And More Tactical. by Rick9(m): 6:02pm On Oct 23, 2017
Chess is very difficult to predict.
Re: Scrabble Or Chess, Which Is Harder And More Tactical. by ola12(m): 7:56pm On Oct 23, 2017
Dude, chess has made d smartest men run mad #bobby fischer#, pls dnt compare d 2.. I play scrabble nd win easily but chess, I sumtyms even get headaches afta a game
Re: Scrabble Or Chess, Which Is Harder And More Tactical. by Sherifastro(m): 10:22pm On Oct 24, 2017
@ola12 i played chess every day. I dont feel ok if i dont play it, and after the game it will be as if i wrote further math for 48hours. End up with headaches.

1 Like

Re: Scrabble Or Chess, Which Is Harder And More Tactical. by Damoxy(m): 3:38am On Oct 30, 2017
You all are saying Scrabble is a game of luck. How?
Because you can pick up tiles with large letters?
Lol
Those tiles give u an edge not a guaranteed win. The last game I played two days was this kinda scenario. My opponent had the best of tiles but I was still giving him tough time. The gap was around 60 and we had 2 tiles left in the sack.
I had to use over 5 mins to think like mad,i mean Mad, I had tiles that with just 1 put on them and a C with 3 points. After so much thinking I could play a crazy word and eureka I won the Game. I shocked my opponent

Both Chess and Scrabble requires great level of thinking.
Playing with a Good playersl differentiates how Good your Game can be.
Re: Scrabble Or Chess, Which Is Harder And More Tactical. by OliviaNelson: 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2022
Scrabble is a great game when it comes to a group of friends. I love to play it and we often use the site https://word-finder.com/ which helps us find words.

(1) (Reply)

Used Ps3 With 1tb Drive Loaded With Games For Sale now 50k / Mobile Game Developers / Gaming Really Pays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.