Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos (51674 Views)

BRT Driver Who Killed Businesswoman Handed Over To Police / Ogun Traders Use Bra To Flog Driver Who Hit One Of Them / Taxify Driver Who Squeezed Passengers Tips Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by money121(m): 10:05am On Apr 26, 2017
Uber Driver Who Drove Off With Lady's Bag Containing Passport And Over N1m Has Been Nabbed

A first time visitor to Nigeria was left stranded recently after a Lagos Uber driver robbed her of over N1Million. The victim, a South African named Mo (Mongy Mathobela) complained on her facebook and that led to the arrest of the Uber driver

This exactly what happened plus all the sms' he sent his victim...

''He was able to drive off with the bag because she was to pick up a document from one Yemi in bakare estate,agungi and head to South Africa .so as usual she went into the compound and asked him (driver )to give her few minutes.by the time they came out he was no where to be found and he sent her a text saying he drove off to the nearby mosque to pee and he was coming right back but that was the end of the show before they realized he was gone for good.

Mo has been using the guy since she travelled down to Nigeria and she's a very nice and generous lady.

she saw the guy as a young and cool guy and showed support to encourage his hustle.mo would give this guy 50 percent of whatever her fare came to and just last week she said he drove her to balogun or was it ogba and in the process someone picked his iPhone 5 and she had to give him 75k to get a new phone but he didn't get an iPhone but at least he got a phone with an internet to sort his Uber directory and all.

she gets him food at every outing and made him comfortable.so,it was after the story went viral that his neighbor on the mainland alerted Mo through her DM TO COME TO a particular address on the mainland.then the neighbors alerted others to use cars to block the taxi so as for him not to be able to drive out because already he had packed his stuff.
Thats they were able to arrest him

THE SERIES OF TEXT MESSAGES FROM BETWEEN UBER DRIVER AND MO

Instead of swearing and cussing him out,Mo ticked him into a conversation whilst the search went on,very smart move

This was sent in to SDK Blog by one of Mo's friend and she says the gang all read this blog

Source: http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2017/04/uber-driver-who-drove-off-with-ladys.html?m=1

l

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by money121(m): 10:05am On Apr 26, 2017

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by money121(m): 10:05am On Apr 26, 2017

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by charlydamianpat(m): 11:28am On Apr 26, 2017
OK....wao front page on board what a great day for me

3 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by nairaman66(m): 11:29am On Apr 26, 2017
I think I am happy, I stole from you

Very stupid man! Does the dude think he is acting a Nigerian movie?

164 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by rheether(f): 11:29am On Apr 26, 2017
I knew it. He was stupid enough. I pray he get a fair sentence.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by Tpave(m): 11:29am On Apr 26, 2017
Ok
Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by Jamiubond009(m): 11:29am On Apr 26, 2017
K
Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by Pavore9: 11:29am On Apr 26, 2017
He will now blame the devil!

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by billionman: 11:29am On Apr 26, 2017
From what i see, he's not a hardened thief. Not a smart guy too. Let justice take its full course.

33 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by agarawu23(m): 11:30am On Apr 26, 2017
Nice one
Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by Tpave(m): 11:30am On Apr 26, 2017
What goes around comes around

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by sunnyworld2love(m): 11:30am On Apr 26, 2017
rheether:
I knew it. He was stupid enough. I pray he get a fair sentence.
okay
Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 11:30am On Apr 26, 2017
Very daft driver... Did he think he could get away with it?

44 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by gabazin080(m): 11:30am On Apr 26, 2017

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by Udembaaham: 11:30am On Apr 26, 2017
Mumu driver,why would he steal from his passenger

3 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by ezera(m): 11:31am On Apr 26, 2017
Nigerians always giving this good country a bad name. Are we cursed? Jeez.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by gabazin080(m): 11:31am On Apr 26, 2017
charlydamianpat:
OK....wao front page on board what a great day for me
hope u don see alert from seun?

7 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by simon28: 11:31am On Apr 26, 2017
Good! He should be remanded in the prison...What a generous lady!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 11:31am On Apr 26, 2017
Now ubers's reputation further destroyed........

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by mmsen: 11:31am On Apr 26, 2017
Did he really believe that he would get away with this?

He should be sentenced twice - once for his crime and secondly for being stupid.

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by KingAfo(m): 11:31am On Apr 26, 2017
Honesty is the best....the only person you can/should steal from is the government. Not your fellow human

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by FromZeroToHero(m): 11:31am On Apr 26, 2017
Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner.
Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by holuwole12(m): 11:32am On Apr 26, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by louisilva: 11:32am On Apr 26, 2017
sounds like a fake story

5 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by Bliss423: 11:32am On Apr 26, 2017
billionman:
nice
he is not smart enough

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by Swegzfreak: 11:32am On Apr 26, 2017
Nive
Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by yomifola(m): 11:32am On Apr 26, 2017
Ode

Oponu !!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by teelaw4life(m): 11:32am On Apr 26, 2017
Jail his ass abeg. Whatever happened to asking for help. Yeye guy making life difficult for the honest and hardworking people.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 26, 2017
I've never seen anyone this stupid and fooolish grin

8 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Who Stole Lady's Bag, Passport & N1m Arrested In Lagos by BiafranBushBoy: 11:33am On Apr 26, 2017
angry angry

Because she is a foreigner right?/

Have they arrested the guy that stole my thousands of Naira despite several complaints to the police!!

STUPID!!

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burial Of Sholape Oladipupo, The Air Force Officer Murdered By Her Lover (Pic) / Lady Caught Stealing 8 Chickens In Benin, Stripped Unclad By Mob / Owerri DPO Punches #EndSARS Protester And Threatens To Shoot Him (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.