Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,574 members, 7,837,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students (8170 Views)

Huge Python Killed By Kogi State University Students (Photo) / Police Disrupt AAUA Students' Protest; Shoots Sporadically (Graphic Photos) / Ekiti State Students Survive Accident While Returning From Academic Trip. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by savagefinder: 10:08am On Apr 26, 2017
News is just surfacing that the joint protest by all students of kogi state institutions is currently being disrupted by the Nigerian police who allegedly have resorted to using live ammunition to disperse the students.

Coming as a surprise to the students who were given permission by the Nigerian army to protest, they have been reports that while the police has engaged in sporadic shooting, one student, has been badly injured and some injured.

According to reports the JCC chairman who wanted to explain to the police men upon their arrival was not given a chance to show the permit granted to them and was shot by the policemen, while the there was immediate release of tear gas on the students, who retreated only to return and the police men resorted to gun fire of live ammunition on the students, while some scampered into safety, a major bulk of the students still won't budge and thus the peaceful protest planned by the students is gradually changing to a face off between two forces.

It would be recalled that for 16 months, most civil servants of the states are yet to receive their salary and thus forced the lecturers of all institutions to go into their legal Action which has lasted for over 3 months and still yet the government is playing deaf ears to the call of the students.

Also reported is the uncommon presence of heavy security at anyigba, where the school gate of the kogi state University is currently under siege by the Nigerian police and civil defense,

Currently the students are still protesting that most revered ganaja junction of lokoja town which is the state capital.

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Angeleena(m): 10:10am On Apr 26, 2017
hmmm,we just pray, that the protest doesn't go bad..stupid yahaya bello, the blind governor on black shades.

8 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by three: 10:14am On Apr 26, 2017
The classic definition of Democracy:

Government OF the people BY the people FOR the people

Doesn't hold in today's Nigeria....

These leaders used democracy as a means to an end...

2 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by savagefinder: 10:16am On Apr 26, 2017
Picture of student brushed by a stray bullet..

Also reaching us, the civil servants are planning a protest also after this..

Kogi state has now been reported to be the state with the longest record of unpaid salaries despite the huge bulk of funds received the state government, who reportedly has used over 8 billion on cars alone for this 100+ special and senior special advisors, the round abouts destroyed the government upon its inception are still yet to be constructed while the populace keep complaining of the wrong image portrayed by the social media about the governor, while AIT and his social media team display him as a young and active governor, the real situation is that this governor has only not used the power of the police and security agents to mutilate the rights of his people, he is also applying the Dracula approach on issues in the state..

5 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by savagefinder: 10:18am On Apr 26, 2017
Pls lalasticlala, mynd44, seun and other mods.. The whole world needs to hear about this
Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Jabioro: 10:30am On Apr 26, 2017
The whole episode has a lot of commas, Nigerian Army gave a permit to protest.. Where on better structure would Nigerians army granted such primary internal security permit that belongs to police. You people should go home and sleep if have nothing doing instead wasting your life on the matter that it doesn't worth your hair strands.. it will be resolved ....we have deaf and dumb at helm of nation affairs

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by savagefinder: 10:33am On Apr 26, 2017
Jabioro:
The whole episode has a lot of commas, Nigerian Army gave a permit to protest.. Where on better structure would Nigerians army granted such primary internal security permit that belongs to police. You people should go home and sleep if have nothing doing instead wasting your life on the matter that it doesn't worth your hair strands.. it will be resolved ....we have deaf and dumb at helm of nation affairs
they are promised security for the protest.. The previous protest held on 24th was disrupted by the Nigerian army, so they sought for permit before going on this one.. Only to be faced by the Nigerian police

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by donk552(m): 10:36am On Apr 26, 2017
Kogi enjoy your change you vote APC. APC=SCAM+FRAUD

4 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Jabioro: 10:39am On Apr 26, 2017
savagefinder:
they are promised security for the protest.. The previous protest held on 24th was disrupted by the Nigerian army, so they sought for permit before going on this one.. Only to be faced by the Nigerian police
You see am.. no synergy between the our security forces, they could have use that opportunity to seek for police permission before embark.. now I prayed no life is worth it.. to go on permanent exile

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 26, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Lilaex: 11:38am On Apr 26, 2017
Seen
Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Kingspin(m): 11:38am On Apr 26, 2017
Where is Nigeria heading? Somewhere!
Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by driand(m): 11:39am On Apr 26, 2017
angry
Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Agbafs2005(m): 11:40am On Apr 26, 2017
This guys are just trying to muffle us ...

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Adelivinggreat(m): 11:40am On Apr 26, 2017
The good people of nairaland pls I hv n issue with my Nysc registration the payment particularly. I paid via remittance. It went through successfully from the bank. I logged into my Nysc dash board to confirm my payment but I got and error message. I Checked the status of the transaction but it showed failed (used). I tried with Master card as another form of payment bt as still received an error message. Is anybody experiencing this too? Pls what should I do?
Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Arewa12: 11:42am On Apr 26, 2017
angry awon ni iranu
Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by TIDDOLL(m): 11:43am On Apr 26, 2017
SMH for my state!![color=#990000][/color] cry
Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 26, 2017
Bellooooooo

Like Bubu like Bello

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by bongo007(m): 11:44am On Apr 26, 2017
Ur life is worth more dan dis..
Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Ksudr(m): 11:45am On Apr 26, 2017
Clueless Government...
God will punish them

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 26, 2017
I saw this coming

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Icecomrade: 11:48am On Apr 26, 2017
Sad

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by brightballer(m): 11:48am On Apr 26, 2017
Jabioro:
You are not what you answer.
Jabioro?

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Jabioro: 11:54am On Apr 26, 2017
brightballer:
You are not what you answer. Jabioro?
I can't understood you please enlighten me further..
Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Agimor(m): 11:59am On Apr 26, 2017
APC government are good in playing to the gallery rather than delivering on their campaign promises.

2 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 26, 2017
So we have started using Police to disrupt protests again?
1984 all over again. grin

3 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by ican2020: 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2017
That gofanor that looks like monkey should be careful
Re: Police Disrupt Protest By Kogi State Students by Tfbaby(m): 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2017
state that cannot pay common workers salary........ shiorr is that one a state?

(1) (2) (Reply)

SEE The Top 17 Cheapest Federal Universities In Nigeria & Their School Fees / ASUP: Abia Government Owes Polytechnic Lecturers 20 Months Salaries / THE POLYTECHNIC, IBADAN TREAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.