Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,215 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

15 Fun Facts About The Honda Accord - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 15 Fun Facts About The Honda Accord (2307 Views)

The Honda Baby Boy I Saw Yesterday. I Was Amazed. / The Honda Place Abuja Bills Man N15million To Fix A N4million Honda Civic Coupe / 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Fun Facts About The Honda Accord by Macmilla(m): 10:10am On May 12, 2019
Yeah, thus is Macmilla, and I'm back.

This is for the Honda lovers and the "ignorant" Honda haters.

15 Fun Facts About the Accord

Though the Honda Accord originated in Japan, it's as American as apple pie as far as stateside consumers are concerned. A perpetual best-seller in the US, the Accord has proven to be a quality vehicle year after year. Check out these 15 fun facts about the Accord!

1. Believe it or not, the Accord was the first foreign vehicle to be manufactured in the United States. It was first produced in 1982 at Honda’s plant in Marysville, Ohio.

Accords facts marysville
2. The Accord was the first foreign car to become the best selling vehicle in the United States, pulling off the feat in 1989.

3. Honda has produced more than 10.5 million Accords in the US since production began in Ohio.

Accords facts 84 Accord
4. The Accord has been named in Car and Driver's annual “10Best” list 30 times, more than any other vehicle.

5. The first Accord produced in 1976 was a hatchback. A sedan model wouldn’t come around until 1979.

6. The original Accord engine was a 1.6L four-cylinder engine with an output of 68 horsepower.

7. In 2011, a man named Joe LoCicero pushed his 1990 Honda Accord over the one million mile mark, all with the original engine and transmission. Honda honored the occasion by throwing LoCicero a parade and giving him a new Accord.

Accords facts LoCicero
8. In 1995, the Honda Accord finally received its first V6 engine.

9. Honda chose the name “Accord” to reflect their “desire for accord and harmony between people, society and the automobile.”

10. In total, more than 12.7 million Accords have been sold worldwide since its debut in 1976.

11. The Honda Accord has two special “green” distinctions. First, it is an ULEV, or ultra low emissions vehicle. The other distinction is PZEV, or partial zero emissions vehicle.

12. In 2004, Honda tested the diesel-powered Honda Accord 2.2 i-CTDi Sport on a closed German track, setting 19 land speed records in the process.

13. Though Honda discontinued the plug-in Hybrid Accord, the 2014 model got an incredible 115 mpge!

14. All-Pro Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck is steadfast and reliable—it’s no wonder he drives an Accord!

15. The 1994 Honda Accord has topped the list for most stolen vehicle in the US for years. It's unfortunately easy to break into, and the parts are worth good money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Fun Facts About The Honda Accord by id4sho(m): 10:30am On May 12, 2019
v
Re: 15 Fun Facts About The Honda Accord by Holyson213: 11:29am On May 13, 2019
I have a neat 2000 Camry Pencil for sale in Ago Palace road isolo. Check my profile for pictures and WhatsApp
Re: 15 Fun Facts About The Honda Accord by OfficialSam(m): 11:39pm On May 13, 2019
Op, you see why your Honda Accord did not make front page, unlike the Toyota Camry thread. Because it's poo. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make My 07 Camry Sound Like A Sport Car? / Advise On The Mazda 3 2005 / Rattling, Knocking Sound After Changing Oil Seal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.