Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,458 members, 7,861,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:41 AM

Happy Birthday: World-popular Architect I.M. Pei Turns 100 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Happy Birthday: World-popular Architect I.M. Pei Turns 100 (532 Views)

Meet Chukwudi Ezenwa, Chairman Of GSS Group, Architect And Filmmaker / DJ Humility Shares Photos Of His Grandmother Who Turns 100 Years Old Today / Guo Pei: The Chinese Master Couturier Behind Rihanna's Most Daring Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday: World-popular Architect I.M. Pei Turns 100 by Kericoo(m): 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
[img]architect2.jpg[/img]

Happy birthday to one of the world’s most famous ad prolific architect I.M. Pei! Leoh Ming Pei was born
on April 26, 1917, in Guangzhou, China. Pei smiles after being honoured with an Ellis Island Family. Heritage Awards on April 21, 2004, in New York.

Architect I.M. Pei, 86, centre, listen to a speaker at the conference luncheon for the Committee of 100, a national organization of Chinese American leaders, in New York, on April 24, 2003. Pei, who help found the group in 1990 to improve relations between the US. and China, delivered the opening remarks to kick off the first day of the three-day conference at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel, Among his famous designs are the Rock an Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio and the Bank of China Tower in Hong Kong, China.

Some of his Architectural works include:
[img]I.M. Pei work.jpg[/img]
Visitors tour the new Museum of Islamic Art in Doha.
Qatar, on April 1, 2009. Qatar’s new Islamic art museum, designed by the famous Chinese-American
architect I.M. Pei, is the latest effort by this tiny, oil-rich nation to compete with rival Gulf countries for international attention and investment.

More At http://bongogist.com/news/world-popular-architect-m-pei-turns-100.html

(1) (Reply)

Video: Rapper DMX Leads P. Diddy Others In Powerful Prayer Session / Kendall Jenner And Asap Rocky Confirms Relationship In A Not Too Subtle Way / See Eight Nigerian Female Celebrities That Have Encountered Domestic Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.