Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Nigerian's Enjoyment Of Darkness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian's Enjoyment Of Darkness (417 Views)

After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light / 9 Hours Of Darkness As National Grid Collapses For The 10th Time In 2019 / Bishop Wale Oke: Osinbajo Is The Light In The Midst Of Darkness In Aso Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian's Enjoyment Of Darkness by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2017
I felt an ache in my head when I saw a headline in one of the nigeria online newspaper/forum which reads "City wide power outage hits San Francisco, see shocking reactions from citizens" and I was like "how come such development became a headline in nigeria and the world?"

Here in Umudioka, Dunukofia local Government Area of Anambra state, we haven't seen light/nepa/eedc in the past one month, yet no one is complaining. This shows the height of backwardness for a nation that helps other countries in respect to electricity but can't provide its citizens electricity that would last for 24hours. What a shame to the giant of Africa.
Sometimes I wonder If the brains given to the leaders of this western countries are the same with that given to our leaders here. Or does it mean we aren't important that the so called electricity companies can't provide a 24/7 electricity to the citizens of nigeria.
Someone with a good point should explain to me why we can't have constant electricity.
Re: Nigerian's Enjoyment Of Darkness by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
Moderators please do the needful......
Re: Nigerian's Enjoyment Of Darkness by mikeeze(m): 9:00pm On Apr 26, 2017
bonarhyme:

I felt an ache in my head when I saw a headline in one of the nigeria online newspaper/forum which reads "City wide power outage hits San Francisco, see shocking reactions from citizens" and I was like "how come such development became a headline in nigeria and the world?"

Here in Umudioka, Dunukofia local Government Area of Anambra state, we haven't seen light/nepa/eedc in the past one month, yet no one is complaining. This shows the height of backwardness for a nation that helps other countries in respect to electricity but can't provide its citizens electricity that would last for 24hours. What a shame to the giant of Africa.
Sometimes I wonder If the brains given to the leaders of this western countries are the same with that given to our leaders here. Or does it mean we aren't important that the so called electricity companies can't provide a 24/7 electricity to the citizens of nigeria.
Someone with a good point should explain to me why we can't have constant electricity.
you even get hope of light. In rumukoro l, port harcort we have neva have light for 10minute for 8 months and counting. I wonder where we are headin as a nation
Re: Nigerian's Enjoyment Of Darkness by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 26, 2017
People dey complain my broda, but who dey ready to listen?

NEPA refuse to bring light, dem no gree share prepaid meter so they can easily bring you crazy bill and if you no pay dem go commot ur wire.

Government dey but e nor work. Fashola never work since he promot to minister abi wetin he b sef.

If everyone start to tell you as dia area light be you go fear
Re: Nigerian's Enjoyment Of Darkness by chuksLetting: 9:06pm On Apr 26, 2017
Disheartening

Check my profile for any house you may need in ago-palace, amuwo odofin/festac, isolo etc. Very conducive and secured environment.
Re: Nigerian's Enjoyment Of Darkness by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
fuckerstard:
People dey complain my broda, but who dey ready to listen?

NEPA refuse to bring light, dem no gree share prepaid meter so they can easily bring you crazy bill and if you no pay dem go commot ur wire.

Government dey but e nor work. Fashola never work since he promot to minister abi wetin he b sef.

If everyone start to tell you as dia area light be you go fear

Do you know why it pains me?

Even nepa uses generators in their office to work.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Politics Of Education Vs Education In Politics / Protesting Workers Demand To See Buhari / Photos Of El-rufai Playing Around With His Young Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.