Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,043 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

History Prove True Supremacy Between The Edo's And The Yoruba's. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / History Prove True Supremacy Between The Edo's And The Yoruba's. (4653 Views)

The Edo Language Is Dieing At Our Watch / 6 Undisputed Facts That Prove "Homosexuality" Is Demonic Possession / Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Prove True Supremacy Between The Edo's And The Yoruba's. by Olu317(m): 4:51am On May 04, 2017
history2901:
It is getting very hard to discuss with your ilks.
You just keep making unsubstantiated claims.
For your information there are documents written during the colonial era which show that only the Oba of Benin was holding the title "Oba".
That proves that the Yoruba chiefs copied it.
I am getting tired of your oduduwa fairytale. Let us talk about real history, not about demi-gods.
Why do you keep saying Bini instead of Benin ?
I wonder if you do realize that Benin is a name which belongs to the Edo and the Benin empire. (The name doesn't belong to Benin republic)
I also wonder if you realize that Dahomey renamed itself Benin republic only after independence from france.
You seem very confused.
Wait a minute I can remember that I already corrected you on some of these issues on an other nairaland page.
Conclusion: you are brain dead.

AM I CRAZY? OF COURSE NOT, I AM NOT CRAZY. FOR ANY VULGAR WORD, YOU USE ON ME, YOU HAVE LAID A CAUSE ON YOURSELF. THIS STILL SHOWS HOW YOU LACKED ETIQUETTE. YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE 1/10th OF WHAT I HAVE UP IN MY HEAD. YOU HAVE NO FAMILY LINEAGE, YOU CAN BE PROUD OF . YOU KEPT GOING OUT OF CONTENT. WHERE AGAIN DID I MENTION, BRITISH FOUGHT AGAINST DAHOMEY? I WILL REFRAIN MYSELF FROM DEALING WITH A YOUNG FELLOW LIKE YOU DESPITE YOUR PROVOCATION. I WON'T LEAD YOU TO YOUR BAN. IF NOT BECAUSE OF INTERNET AND ALL THAT, CAN YOU EVER IN YOUR LIFE USE A VULGAR WORD ON MY PERSONALITY? KUDOS TO YOU THOUGH FOR YOUR UNCULTURED ATTITUDE. IF I HAD AN EDO OF OVER 26 YEARS AGO, HOW OLD WOULD YOU IMAGINE OF ME?
BOOKS WERE WRITTEN BEFORE YOU WERE BORN ON EDO, HISTORY AND MANY REFERENCES WERE MADE, STILL YOU KEPT DIGRESSING FROM THE ACTUAL FACT. THERE ARE PLACES IN EDO WITH ONOGIE TITLE,OBA TITLES IN EDO STATE, HOW COME YOU COME HERE SPEWING IRRELEVANT MAP?
URHOBO, PEOPLE MIGRATED OUT EDO BECAUSE OF PROTEST WHEN ORANMIYAN CAME AND WERE PART OF EFA GROUP BEFORE ORANMIYAN CAME,YOU STILL COME ON SPITTING TRASH.
READ:The Efa : Mysterious Aborigines of Edoland | Dmitri Bondarenko ...
OBA OF BINI IS A TENANT

Enjoy the photo attached herein

I REST MY CASE AGAINST YOU

1 Like

Re: History Prove True Supremacy Between The Edo's And The Yoruba's. by Nobody: 4:57am On May 04, 2017
@olu317, keep talking alone I don't converse with mad men. I can't keep correcting you on the same thing over and over and over, and you just repeat the same mistakes as if the correction just keeps leaking from your head. You confuse proof with stories. Talking to you is a waste of my time. Go and write a sci-fi novel, you do not belong to reality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History Prove True Supremacy Between The Edo's And The Yoruba's. by Olu317(m): 5:24am On May 04, 2017
history2901:
The guys defending the "Yoruba-narrative" (eg Olu317) are not being reasonable.
I am quite tired of talking to people who keep acting like mental patients.
These guys confuse the present and the past, they confuse an empire and its capital. They can't understand the concept that a city in a country can not be as big as the country. Following these guys logics rome was also a small town and never an empire !
these guys rank bear parlour stories above historical documents.
This fooool is telling me Benin had no influence in the region while at the same time he talks about "Benin republic", a country previously called Dahomey and which renamed itself after the Benin empire !
Please Yaba-left, stop giving the internet to your patients, they are disturbing the natural order of things.
The name of BINI was a Yoruba word. ILE IBINU which changed to BINI and now BENIN. So, get it to your understanding. Someone like you is really beneath me if we look at lineage. You personally have no history. This was how LANDLOCKED BINI became popular;
The Portuguese visited Benin City around 1485. Benin grew rich during the 16th and 17th centuries due to trade within southern Nigeria, as well as through trade with Europeans, mostly in pepper and ivory.
the early 16th century the Oba sent an ambassador to Lisbon, and the King of Portugal sent Christian missionaries to Benin. Some residents of Benin could still speak a pidgin Portuguese in the late 19th century. Many Portuguese loan words can still be found today in the languages of the area.
On 1 February 1852 the whole Bight of Benin became a British protectorate, where a consul represented the protector, until on 6 August 1861 the Bights of Biafra and Benin became a united British protectorate, again under a British Consul.
BINI'S NAME WAS USED TO ACKNOWLEDGED WHERE THEY CAME TO BUY IVORY AND PEPPER ONLY AND NOT BECAUSE OF PSEUDO EMPIRE WHICH IS BASELESS. BRITISH COLONIALISTS HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF ALL THE WARRING PEOPLE. SIR LORD LUGGARD WROTE ABOUT HIS OPINION ON SOME TRIBES HE MET IN NIGERIA.

CLAPPERTON WROTE ABOUT YORUBA MASQUE(ART); Bain Hugh Clapperton (18 May 1788 – 13 April 1827) was a Scottish naval officer and explorer . He came through bight of BINI and yet had no knowledge of BINI'S EXPLOIT BUT PASS THROUGH TO COME TO KATUNGA. BINI WAS STILL FAR AWAY LEARNING FROM YORUBA, THEIR COLONIAL MASTER

ENJOY IT WHILE YOU LICK YOUR SORE WOUND

Re: History Prove True Supremacy Between The Edo's And The Yoruba's. by Olu317(m): 6:46am On May 04, 2017
Children of distortion won't stop until their heads are remoulded properly. SOME OF THESE CHILDREN CAN NOT DIFFERENTIATE WHITE MAN'S ACCOUNT AND REALITY ON GROUND. “BIGHT OF BENIN" was an English word used to describe location that part of region which were used by whites to connect to interior part of Niger Area through Yoruba land. CLAPPERTON STAYED SEVEN (7) WEEKS AT KATUNGA AND WAS ENTERTAINED
BINI WAS A BLOODY PEPPER SELLER AND IVORY SELLER DURING THE PERIOD SHE CONNECTED TO EUROPEAN VISITORS.
PEPPER SELLING GROUP CLAIMING KINGDOM.

SET OF CLOWNS ARE MANY IN DIFFERENT FORUMS ON NL.

2 Likes

Re: History Prove True Supremacy Between The Edo's And The Yoruba's. by KingOvoramwen1(m): 12:47pm On May 04, 2017
Olu317:
Children of distortion won't stop until their heads are remoulded properly. SOME OF THESE CHILDREN CAN NOT DIFFERENTIATE WHITE MAN'S ACCOUNT AND REALITY ON GROUND. “BIGHT OF BENIN" was an English word used to describe location that part of region which were used by whites to connect to interior part of Niger Area through Yoruba land. CLAPPERTON STAYED SEVEN (7) WEEKS AT KATUNGA AND WAS ENTERTAINED
BINI WAS A BLOODY PEPPER SELLER AND IVORY SELLER DURING THE PERIOD SHE CONNECTED TO EUROPEAN VISITORS.
PEPPER SELLING GROUP CLAIMING KINGDOM.

SET OF CLOWNS ARE MANY IN DIFFERENT FORUMS ON NL.

SHUT THE FUUUCK UP

1 Like

Re: History Prove True Supremacy Between The Edo's And The Yoruba's. by Olu317(m): 2:19pm On May 04, 2017
EDO FABRICATED LIES AGAIN ABOUT CREATION.

Myth (Creation)
Their mythical story of creation says that Edo is the candle of the world (“Edo ore Isi Agbon”). They say that when God Almighty was creating the world, he also created the king who was to rule the various parts of the world. This is the ORIGIN of the SAYING THAT “OBA YAN OTO SE EVBO EBO” meaning that the OBA OWNS THE LAND UP TO THE EUROPEAN COUNTRY.

PEOPLE CAN LIE;
THIS EVENT TOOK PLACE IN 2013
‘EDO PEOPLE: AFRICA`S MOST POPULAR AND ARTISTIC PEOPLE FROM NIGERIA THAT BUILT THE PRE=COLONIAL ANCIENT AND POWERFUL BENIN KINGDOM'

kwekudee-tripdownmemorylane.

YORUBA MYTH IN HER GLORY DIDN'T CLAIM THEY OWN LAND EVEN TO THE LAND OF EUROPEANS.

EDO AS A COSMOPOLITAN CITY
The Esan, the Afemai, The Isoko, the Urhobo and others see themselves as distinct ethnic group though they are all of Edoid origin. As a result, the Edo (proper) now occupy seven out of the 18 Local Government Areas of the Edo State which constitute 57.54% while others Esan (17.14%) Afemai compirising of Etsako (12.19%), Owan (7.43%), and Akoko Edo (5.70%). However, the Igala-speaking communities exist in Esan South East, Igbira related communities in Akoko and Afemai Areas as well as Urhobos, Izons, Itsekiris and Yoruba communities in Ovia North East and South West Local Government Areas especially in the borderlands.

AT EVEN THE HEIGHT OF DISTORTION, EDO CLAIMED ITSEKIRI GAVE THE EDO; ILE UBINI
‘Itsekiris, another sub group in the Edo clans call Edos as UBINI,which came into use during the reign of Oba Ewuare the Great in 1440. Tradition asserts that it is derived from ILE-IBINU, which is descriptive of the exasperation and frustration encountered in Benin City, by Prince Oranmiyan of ILE-IFE. There is no research that proved that, it was the Itsekiris who gave that name, to the people living in and around Benin City.'

ACCOUNT OF BRITISH INCURSION TO BINI CITY SAID BINI WAS A DEPOPULATED TOWN. WHERE DID THEY NOW HAD PEOPLE TO FIGHT BRITISH ARMY, WHEN IN FACT, BINI DIDN'T HAVE ABLE BODIED MEN TO FIGHT.

LICK YOUR WOUND, PEPPER SELLER, IVORY SELLER, PALM OIL SELLER, CLAIMING BIGHT OF BINI.

RESPECT MY LINEAGE. PROUDLY YORUBA

Re: History Prove True Supremacy Between The Edo's And The Yoruba's. by davidnazee: 9:01pm On Apr 07, 2018
OK
Re: History Prove True Supremacy Between The Edo's And The Yoruba's. by jara: 3:42am On Apr 08, 2018
This Edo people are just like Judas. They love to take a beating. The more beating they get, the more they love it and keep coming for more.

Una nor dey taya?

Una wan hia word plenty plenty. For some years, you got away with false and fabricated stories that never added up. You were ignored for long but would not stop. Now that you are getting what you deserve, I feel sorry for una.

Tomorrow, they are going to open another thread on Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: History Prove True Supremacy Between The Edo's And The Yoruba's. by gregyboy(m): 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
OlaoChi:

@legendsilver

Even what these people are saying is not oral tradition of their history.
Bini area is very small and they have only a handful of importance chiefs who can fit one hall

Their claim to oduduwa started recently, it was first made public by the last oba of benin, oba erediuwa. Hostilities with the Yoruba started with akensua who felted uncomfortable with his ego bowing to the Ooni and Alaafin at the old western council of traditional rulers. It is all inferiority complex, very uncomfortable feeling for egoistic people like the Binis

There is no evidence to back up their claims, not in their very own land and traditions is there eidence that oduduwa is from Igodomigodo

Yorubas will always lies instead of truth ...same set of people who are the only ones in nigeria that has different stories of their existence
I will take you all serious untill you all bring out the truth that founded your states...benin empire ruled over yoruba territories like ogun ,ondo,ekiti osun nd lagos peobably you all will deniel it even when the truth starte at your face... You all still ask for prove when the Portuguese, british even dahomey all ascertain to the benin empire

If youre going to use size to way the stregth of am empire then compare the indigenous english people size to their conquest or compare fulanis to the hausas...then quote
Re: History Prove True Supremacy Between The Edo's And The Yoruba's. by Whyke141: 8:45pm On Apr 10, 2018
Poet Heywhy speaks on the past!

When we travel into our past, we tend to swim in rivers of memories while stirring waves of emotions. But, the important question is, do we wish to live in the past? Does our past interest us?

HeyWhy speaks on Africa's past! What happened during the days of our father's? What was the schedule?

This is poetry cum revelation, directly from the mouth of an African. You know, no one tells our story than we do!.. Enjoy��
http://www.whykeanthology.com/2018/04/time-past.html

Proudly Whyke.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos / What Is This Notorious Itchy Plant Called In Your Language? / Before Osun Becomes Second Yoruba Settlement To Discriminate Its Christain Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.