Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 (7311 Views)

MTN Nigeria Made ₦51 Billion Profit And Gained 4.2 Million New Subscribers In Q1 / NETCO Records N4.75bn Profit In 2018 / Gtbank Announces N45 Billion PAT In Q1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by godunia(m): 7:48am On Apr 27, 2017
This kind of extortion

1 Like

Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by policy12: 7:50am On Apr 27, 2017
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by promohouse(m): 7:51am On Apr 27, 2017
Minister of Deduction that's what gtb is.
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by mykalls(m): 7:55am On Apr 27, 2017
Anyone who still banks with GTB is making a huge mistake. I took off over a year ago when their charges became unbearable. I also pulled my wife out of the chain GTB was putting on her. Today we are very happy we took that decision.

1 Like

Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by RALPHOW(m): 8:15am On Apr 27, 2017
GTB IS ONE OF THE MOST FRAUDULENT BANKS THAT KILLS SMALL BUSINESSES AND INDIVIDUAL IN NIGERIA.
THEY HAVE SO MANY HIDDEN CHARGES, IF YOU GET JOB IN OIL COMPANY DO NOT FALL INTO THEIR LOAN TRICKS OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR THEM
IF YOU START A BUSINESS, GTB IS NOT THE BEST BANK TO GO FOR LOAN OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE ENSLAVED.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE, NEVER GO FOR GTB LOAN OTHERWISE THEY WILL DRAIN YOU.

4 Likes

Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by mybestlove(m): 8:16am On Apr 27, 2017
Why won't they post profit after all charges we bear in Nigeria for patronising them.

The rich shareholders now will share the loot. I always imagine how they make these profits without giving loans to business people.

1 Like

Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by RALPHOW(m): 8:22am On Apr 27, 2017
mykalls:
Anyone who still banks with GTB is making a huge mistake. I took off over a year ago when their charges became unbearable. I also pulled my wife out of the chain GTB was putting on her. Today we are very happy we took that decision.

GTB has broken many homes with their slavery banking system just to declare stupid profit for their RICH OWNERS (WICKEDNESS). You have taking the best decision. Many oil company workers and small business owners are enslaved by them and it seems no way out for them.

1 Like

Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by DollarAngel(m): 8:24am On Apr 27, 2017
I am not surprised, if you having been following the corruption saga you will notice most corruption transaction are been done through GTBANK
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by henocherry18: 8:30am On Apr 27, 2017
Truth234:

Madam, banks dropped card transactions because there was no liquidity to offset those payments. Deposit money bank through the CBN instituted withdrawal limit to curtail excesses of certain people's activities impacting forex liquidity after global oil prices reached a record low of 26/barrel in February 2016 and our foreign reserves plunged.

If you look at GTB 2016 statement, most of their profits came from the high foreign exchange rate, it was their abuse that led to the restriction last year and of course massive profit declaration. Now, take a look at this first quarter statement, most of the profits comes from interest, why? because the naira has improved. This is our argument that the new forex policy is working and needs time.

It is wrong to assess current situation based on past occurrence. The directive released by the CBN on their website is different from what you were told by your bank. I repeat those banks need to be checked, they not doing anything rather profiting from the system and exploiting people as explained above. Good morning.
This is why Nairaland is still one of the best among the social media platform. You are bound to learn a lot of things ranging from biz, politics, etc

1 Like

Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by Johnrake69: 8:32am On Apr 27, 2017
feldido:
Thieves... After all the Fraudulent Charges.
GTB makes N117(N100 - interbank, N5-VAT, and N4 each for N100, N5, and the main Transaction alert =N12) for Each Transfer one makes. I'm being charged as high as N1, 800 monthly

Bros it makes no sense and certainly not in this era where every information is online. I had to disable it.
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by poweredcom(m): 8:38am On Apr 27, 2017
best bank ever
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by ogundeleai(m): 8:46am On Apr 27, 2017
Out of numerous companies stocks that many Nigerians were cajole to invest in during countless numbers of IPO in 2004 only GTBank stil remains consistent, profitable and future assurance.... The OANDO that was sold at 98 naira then now worth less than 5naira with little or no dividend, bonus since then... GOD continued to be with prudent management that form core of the Bank
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by feldido(m): 8:51am On Apr 27, 2017
Johnrake69:

Bros it makes no sense and certainly not in this era where every information is online. I had to disable it.

I did same, after all I have my mobile app and email alerts.
Who alert EPP?
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by beadayme(m): 9:01am On Apr 27, 2017

Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by richard870(m): 9:23am On Apr 27, 2017
yet, these banks complain.
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by koning: 9:36am On Apr 27, 2017
N42bn in Q1. Our banks are nothing but self centered looters. SME's are begging for funds to move the nation forward. The bank directors are only after their own pockets.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by HazzanTazzan(m): 9:53am On Apr 27, 2017
And these baastards have made billions by scamming Nigerians ...

Imagine these idiots charging me 450/$ on an online transaction yesterday...

Trump must hear his shi*

1 Like

Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by chloride6: 10:02am On Apr 27, 2017
Truth234:
Most of the profits come from the interest generated, the high-interest rate is killing small businesses. Until our monetary and fiscal policy are structured to aid ease of doing business, new job creation we continue to suffer.

It is not low tax-rate that is hurting revenue generation but lack of job creation and high poverty rate. The FG in its NERGP stated the need to up tax to gdp ratio to 15% from the current 6%, this is counter-productive in a nation where unemployment is high.

Donald Trump just released the highest tax cut plan in the history of the U.S, cutting federal tax to 15% for businesses to further aid productivity and achieve 3% economic growth rate target at 4.7 percent unemployment (full employment). Yet, in a nation where unemployment is 13.9% and youth unemployment/underemployment currently stood at 45.7%, the government is looking to raise tax with interest rate at 16%.

These commercial banks will continue to profit from these lapses, both at the capital market and from the masses.

Please i beg to differ, 15% self, in my opinion, is small. We have to pay taxes to grow. Where in a recession or not. What government needs to do create a framework that forces the informal sector to pay taxes. Nigeria has too large an informal sector, that do not have a tax paying culture.

Trump's plan is nonsense and even at that we are grossly underdeveloped economy. We need taxes.
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by DjSwaga(m): 10:10am On Apr 27, 2017
We havr to pay tax to grow?

Well i beg to differ

Tax isnt d only or cant be our major source of growth. Tax is good but exhorbitant rates will have negative effects on the common man.

Oil and agriculture are still our best options

chloride6:

Please i beg to differ, 15% self, in my opinion, is small. We have to pay taxes to grow. Where in a recession or not. What government needs to do create a framework that forces the informal sector to pay taxes. Nigeria has too large an informal sector, that do not have a tax paying culture.

Trump's plan is nonsense and even at that we are grossly underdeveloped economy. We need taxes.
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by 989900: 10:16am On Apr 27, 2017
modath:

989900 , Truth234

In you gentlemen's sustained position about my negative/pessimistic view concerning the CBN's unstable & market destablizing FX policies, I believe I have to bring a recent development to your notices...

I hope you both are aware that CBN has instructed GTB & Access banks do not process card transactions at less than 375 , FCMB then decided to add extra 5 naira for the sheer hell of it..... It used to be 320-325...

Care to explain why that is? sad

That was shocking (GTB)!

Access was 325 on the 24th of April, and I guess UBA was in that range too.

The blame lies squarely with the CBN.

P.S. OTOH, if the limits on those cards are increased to say, $500/month, since rates have more or less merged with the parallel market and BTA rates, it could be a good thing in disguise: less pressure on the BDCs and Black market and less racketeering: stronger Naira: better rates ( probably all rates converging at give or take, around N350 for now).
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by Inlakssolar: 10:17am On Apr 27, 2017
Truth234:
Most of the profits come from the interest generated, the high-interest rate is killing small businesses. Until our monetary and fiscal policy are structured to aid ease of doing business, new job creation we continue to suffer.

It is not low tax-rate that is hurting revenue generation but lack of job creation and high poverty rate. The FG in its NERGP stated the need to up tax to gdp ratio to 15% from the current 6%, this is counter-productive in a nation where unemployment is high.

Donald Trump just released the highest tax cut plan in the history of the U.S, cutting federal tax to 15% for businesses to further aid productivity and achieve 3% economic growth rate target at 4.7 percent unemployment (full employment). Yet, in a nation where unemployment is 13.9% and youth unemployment/underemployment currently stood at 45.7%, the government is looking to raise tax with interest rate at 16%.

These commercial banks will continue to profit from these lapses, both at the capital market and from the masses.

Your father sent a child to school!!!

1 Like

Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by chloride6: 10:21am On Apr 27, 2017
DjSwaga:
We havr to pay tax to grow?

Well i beg to differ

Tax isnt d only or cant be our major source of growth. Tax is good but exhorbitant rates will have negative effects on the common man.

Oil and agriculture are still our best options

How do you expect the government to provide the infrastructure to boost these sectors? From oil? It's clear that the oil money is not enough. where on earth have you seen growth without taxes?
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by mercy232(f): 11:15am On Apr 27, 2017
Billions again... abi is billions now another word for kobo? no doubt, companies and some states in Nigeria are now richer than Nigeria gan gan...
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by MOSICATED5(m): 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
When they have sacked almost all their staff and employ contract staff they pay pea nuts why won't they make huge profit
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by mallam2016: 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
Why won't they make profit with my 30000 there ATM refused to pay me.

1 Like

Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
why won't they profit, after ripping off customers.

Banks in collaboration with CBN are robbing Nigerians.
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by sshalom(m): 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
They should create a special unit in the bank to fund entrepreneurs in Nigeria. This will lead to wealth creation and also increase their bottom line in the long run.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by 989900: 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
sshalom:
They should create a special unit in the bank to fund entrepreneurs in Nigeria. This will lead to wealth creation and also increase their bottom line in the long run.

Most businesses in Nigeria are all about 'quick buck' and short cuts, they don't do the bigger picture.
That is why I respect Dangote -- Otedola or Uba should be the ones building a refinery, but they're cool with subsidy money/fraud and product vending.
Re: GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 by modath(f): 8:06am On Apr 28, 2017
989900:

That was shocking (GTB)!

Access was 325 on the 24th of April, and I guess UBA was in that range too.

The blame lies squarely with the CBN.

P.S. OTOH, if the limits on those cards are increased to say, $500/month, since rates have more or less merged with the parallel market and BTA rates, it could be a good thing in disguise: less pressure on the BDCs and Black market and less racketeering: stronger Naira: better rates ( probably all rates converging at give or take, around N350 for now).

If i talk now, you will begin to talk another thing... so make a kwayet and keep onserving.. lipsrsealed cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria: Mobile Payments Still Hugely Untapped / How To Make $20/day Freelancing On Peopleperhour AKA PPH / Budget: FG Targets N100bn From Islamic Bond, And

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.