Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds (1086 Views)

Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni’s New Wife Begins Duty As Queen Of Ife / 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) / Obas Council Gives Olugbo Four Days To Withdraw Statement Over Superiority (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by zodbaba: 5:42am On Apr 27, 2017
Earlier today, the Oba of Lagos and Ooni of Ife trended, still trending after the former snubbed the latter during an Event.

The Ooni’s wife, Olori Wuraola may have responded to the trending story.

Posting on her Instagram moments ago, Her Majesty noted her husband’s position as the Onirisa, the custodian of the Yoruba culture across the world – the most important monarch who other kings respect.

She wrote on Instagram:
My husband, my soulmate, my mentor, my king, the people’s King; A King like no other. The Custodian of culture, the keeper of Yorubas across the world, and the voice and symbol of peace. When you recognize what and who you are, your vision becomes bigger than the daily struggles of the mundane. When you uphold that vision, you see beyond the physical and you envisage and work towards a future that is liberating for all. – Olori Wuraola-Zynab Ogunwusi #OoniofIfe #AroleOduduwa #OjajaII #KingofKings #OloriWuraola #QueenWuraola
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by sarrki(m): 5:42am On Apr 27, 2017
Let peace reign
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by nero2face: 5:50am On Apr 27, 2017
See what westernization has caused us, imagine de Queen interfering in a matter like this, she even posted on Instagram, #endtimequeen...Ur Husband had not said a word and u're already causing more tension...

2 Likes

Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by dunkem21(m): 5:50am On Apr 27, 2017
Sometimes, I wonder what would have happened if the charismatic Obi of Onitsha was not around..
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by sarrki(m): 5:53am On Apr 27, 2017
dunkem21:
Sometimes, I wonder what would have happened if the charismatic Obi of Onitsha was not around..

Nothing would have happened

The obi played matured

Onirisa played also

Olowo Eko is my king and I love him .

The truth is no matter what he shouldn't have reacted that way

Peace is what we all want

2 Likes

Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by BigStout(m): 5:54am On Apr 27, 2017
Oba of Lagos Island should be dethroned. He is too arrogant. If obasanjo and other big personalities can bow before the institution of Ooni, who the hell is oba of Lagos Island forming old man for?
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by sarrki(m): 5:55am On Apr 27, 2017
nero2face:
See what westernization has caused us, imagine de Queen interfering in a matter like this, she even posted on Instagram, #endtimequeen...Ur Husband had not said a word and u're already causing more tension...

Allow the water level to cool down

If not it will affects the coolant censors
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by sarrki(m): 5:57am On Apr 27, 2017
BigStout:
Oba of Lagos Island should be dethroned. He is too arrogant. If obasanjo and other big personalities can bow before the institution of Ooni, who the hell is oba of Lagos Island forming old man for?

Don't say that about him anymore

Show your own king to the public may be he's worthy as you want to claim
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by Tolexander: 5:59am On Apr 27, 2017
nero2face:
[s]See what westernization has caused us, imagine de Queen interfering in a matter like this, she even posted on Instagram, #endtimequeen...Ur Husband had not said a word and u're already causing more tension..[/s].
What has westernization caused?

From the Queen's Instagram post, is there anything/anywhere suggesting her referring to the incidence ie, Ooni and Oba of Lagos Saga?

Queen Wuraola was eulogizing her husband, Ooni Ogunwusi, which is normal and can be done at anytime.

This queen is so smart to deliver her massage without calling name out. I love that!

2 Likes

Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by dunkem21(m): 5:59am On Apr 27, 2017
Normally, I don't comment on this type of thread because it might end up turning sour and people will accuse you of using wrong words on KINGS!

But, from that incident alone, one will notice that there is a deep seated grudge waiting to be unbottled and both camps are aware already.

The seating arrangement alone tells a whole lot of story.. Let me come and be going.
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by MrBONE2(m): 6:00am On Apr 27, 2017
Snub any King in KiVu Land and get Guwarad

Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by Nobody: 6:02am On Apr 27, 2017
Na wah ooo...... my neighbour knocked on my door this morning, which is very weired as my neighbourhood is a "hi/hello" one... i kick started a convo of the oba scenerio... he gave this weired smirk and said he only came to tell me his coy has folded up and was confused.

The real Nigerians are not here fighting partisan politics... shit is real out there..
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by sisisioge: 6:03am On Apr 27, 2017
Ki Ade o pe Lori Onirisa! You are no doubt the King of all Yoruba lands.
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by dunkem21(m): 6:04am On Apr 27, 2017
MrBONE2:
Snub any King in KiVu Land and get Guwarad

cheesy The Guwara no go be here o cheesy
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by MayorofLagos(m): 6:35am On Apr 27, 2017
nero2face:

To respond this way, the effect of westernization is biting you, not the Queen.

At no time in history has the Yoruba woman lost her voice in society, never has and never will!

Take it from Mayor!

2 Likes

Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by nero2face: 6:35am On Apr 27, 2017
sarrki:

Allow the water level to cool down

If not it will affects the coolant censors
Bros Ebe like u study Automotive/Power plant...
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by MrBONE2(m): 6:37am On Apr 27, 2017
dunkem21:

cheesy The Guwara no go be here o cheesy
I so much hate to see our African Rulers Snub each other cos this not healthy to our Cultures,

I just wish a law would be made that any King/Queen"Ruler" that snub his Fellow BEINGS shall recieve Rain Guwara Guwara from their own Subjects.
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by sarrki(m): 6:37am On Apr 27, 2017
nero2face:
Bros Ebe like u study Automotive/Power plant...

grin

Yeah help a lot of people to check their system
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by BigStout(m): 6:40am On Apr 27, 2017
sarrki:

Don't say that about him anymore

Show your own king to the public may be he's worthy as you want to claim

Zone-B
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by nero2face: 6:40am On Apr 27, 2017
Tolexander:
What has westernization caused?

From the Queen's Instagram post, is there anything/anywhere suggesting her referring to the incidence ie, Ooni and Oba of Lagos Saga?

Queen Wuraola was eulogizing her husband, Ooni Ogunwusi, which is normal and can be done at anytime.

This queen is so smart to deliver her massage without calling name out. I love that!
u're just so insensitive, na ur type their wife dey take clean Nash... afonja
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by dunkem21(m): 6:45am On Apr 27, 2017
MrBONE2:
I so much hate to see our African Rulers Snub each other cos this not healthy to our Cultures,

I just wish a law would be made that any King/Queen"Ruler" that snub his Fellow BEINGS shall recieve Rain Guwara Guwara from their own Subjects.

The last time we tried to correct that impression, we were told that it is only a king that gives Guwara and doesn't apologize for it.
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by Tolexander: 8:01am On Apr 27, 2017
nero2face:
u're just so insensitive, na ur type their wife dey take clean Nash... afonja
boy, what is insensitivity in that?

excerpt the part where the Olori was referring to the incidence that occurred between the two monarchs of get your silly arse outta here!

1 Like

Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by deedeedee1: 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
The ooni of ife boundary stays within only ile ife. there is no superior king in Yoruba Land. I as an Ijesha man do not recognize his throne.
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by deedeedee1: 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
MayorofLagos:

To respond this way, the effect of westernization is biting you, not the Queen.

At no time in history has the Yoruba woman lost her voice in society, never has and never will!

Take it from Mayor!
But this woman is edoid and not yoruba. She should keep her dirty mouth shut!!!!
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by MayorofLagos(m): 7:33am On Apr 28, 2017
deedeedee1:

But this woman is edoid and not yoruba. She should keep her dirty mouth shut!!!!

Good!
In Edo maybe you all silence your women.
We do not do so in Yorubaland, she is in our soil now, and a Queen....free to open mouth and speak, in the tradition of Yoruba women!
Re: Monarchs Superiority- Queen Of Ife Responds by deedeedee1: 7:40am On Apr 28, 2017
MayorofLagos:

Good!
In Edo maybe you all silence your women.
We do not do so in Yorubaland, she is in our soil now, and a Queen....free to open mouth and speak, in the tradition of Yoruba women!
i am not from edo. All i am sayin is she should not interfere in yoruba matter. Simple!!

(1) (Reply)

See The Dos And Don’ts At Eyo Festival 2017 / Young Igbos " I Have Very Little In Common With Northerners." / The History Of Ibillo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.