Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,712 members, 7,820,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles (723 Views)

Australian Muslims Pray For Rain In Bush Fire And Drought-ravaged Areas / Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance? / Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by truthmans2012: 10:38am On Apr 27, 2017
Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles?

A miracle is a supernatural thing done by God, especially when one prays for it.

There are challenges in life that only by spiritual power it can be overcome. There are two sources of spiritual power, God and Satan. The Christians who believe in God pray and cry to Him expecting a miracle. We have a lot of instances in the Bible where God demonstrated His miraculous power.

Many prophets in the Bible proved the power of God to demonstrate to people by performing various miracles. In fact, Jesus himself said: without signs and wonders people will not believe a prophet or his message (John 4:48).

But from islamic records, not a single miracle was performed by the islamic prophet, Muhammad to overcome any of life challenges. Although we hear of him splitting the moon, which had nothing to do with solution to man's problems. Those who have one ailment or the other, who approached him didn't get spiritual solutions from him. He would recommend camel urine, dates or zamzam water or any other material substances for them. That was about 1400 years ago.

Today's muslims, when confronted with problems of life, how do you deal with it as you do not pray for miracles to happen? Please note that a servant is not greater than his master. If Muhammad didn't confront lives problems with miracles, it will be out of place for any muslims to claim he can pray to obtain miracle for his or people's problems. Muhammad never did so.

What do muslims do to overcome life challenges without miracles?
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2017
truthmans2012:

A miracle is a supernatural thing done by God, especially when one prays for it.

There are challenges in life that only by spiritual power it can be overcome. There are two sources of spiritual power, God and Satan. The Christians who believe in God pray and cry to Him expecting a miracle. We have a lot of instances in the Bible where God demonstrated His miraculous power.

Many prophets in the Bible proved the power of God to demonstrate to people by performing various miracles. In fact, Jesus himself said: without signs and wonders people will not believe a prophet or his message (John 4:48).

But from islamic records, not a single miracle was performed by the islamic prophet, Muhammad to overcome any of life challenges. Although we hear of him splitting the moon, which had nothing to do with solution to man's problems. Those who have one ailment or the other, who approached him didn't get spiritual solutions from him. He would recommend camel urine, dates or zamzam water or any other material substances for them. That was about 1400 years ago.

Today's muslims, when confronted with problems of life, how do you deal with it as you do not pray for miracles to happen? Please note that a servant is not greater than his master. If Muhammad didn't confront lives problems with miracles, it will be out of place for any muslims to claim he can pray to obtain miracle for his or people's problems. Muhammad never did so.

Truthmans 2012 i hope you won't run away from the truth now!

Prophet Muhammad did several miracles which are enormous, lifechanging and positively relevant to the human race! A simple google search or wikipedia search would have given you a clue.

A few of the Miracles are list for you

1.Quran - The revelation of the Quran is considered by Muslims to be Muhammad's greatest miracle[5][6][7] and a miracle for all times, unlike the miracles of other prophets, which were confined to being witnessed in their own lifetimes.[8]

2. Splitting of the moon
3. Isra and Mi'raj (Night Journey) and he was given the prayer as Muslims pray till this day!
4. According to Ali ibn Sahl Rabban al-Tabari, Muhammad's success and victory against his enemies was one of his miracles.[9] Similarly, many modern Muslim historians believe Muhammad's greatest miracles were his worldly accomplishments, in a short time span, in various fields (such as the religious, social, proselytising, political, military and literary spheres) and "the transformation of the Arabs from marauding bands of nomads into world conquerors."[10][11]
4. On several occasions he provided food and water supernaturally.[12]
5. He comforted a palm tree that was crying and upset after he stopped leaning on it during his sermons.[12]
6. He caused two trees to move at his command.[12]
7. Prophecies made by him.
8. His migration from Mecca to Medina.[13]

and check some others here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Muhammad

And to summarize my point for you, a good Muslim wouldn't bother about miracle as you interpret it. The essence of a religion is having peace of mind both here and in the hereafter and not seeking for miracles up and down. If you are well-versed with Islamic healing you would have heard about "Ruqya'' which is healing through reciting authentic prayers from Qur'an, hadiths and some herbs, etc of which you mentioned some. This has been proven worldwide to cure people from magic, evil spirits, diseases, etc. A simple search would have enlighten you!

And even false prophets can do miracles!

JUST ACCEPT THIS FROM YOUR BIBLE

Matthew 7:21-23 English Standard Version (ESV)

I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

ISLAM IS TOTAL SUBMISSION TO THE WILL OF ALLAH

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by talkingtruth: 8:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Truthmans 2012 i hope you won't run away from the truth now!

Prophet Muhammad did several miracles which are enormous, lifechanging and positively relevant to the human race! A simple google search or wikipedia search would have given you a clue.

A few of the Miracles are list for you

1.Quran - The revelation of the Quran is considered by Muslims to be Muhammad's greatest miracle[5][6][7] and a miracle for all times, unlike the miracles of other prophets, which were confined to being witnessed in their own lifetimes.[8]

2. Splitting of the moon
3. Isra and Mi'raj (Night Journey) and he was given the prayer as Muslims pray till this day!
4. According to Ali ibn Sahl Rabban al-Tabari, Muhammad's success and victory against his enemies was one of his miracles.[9] Similarly, many modern Muslim historians believe Muhammad's greatest miracles were his worldly accomplishments, in a short time span, in various fields (such as the religious, social, proselytising, political, military and literary spheres) and "the transformation of the Arabs from marauding bands of nomads into world conquerors."[10][11]
4. On several occasions he provided food and water supernaturally.[12]
5. He comforted a palm tree that was crying and upset after he stopped leaning on it during his sermons.[12]
6. He caused two trees to move at his command.[12]
7. Prophecies made by him.
8. His migration from Mecca to Medina.[13]

and check some others here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Muhammad

And to summarize my point for you, a good Muslim wouldn't bother about miracle as you interpret it. The essence of a religion is having peace of mind both here and in the hereafter and not seeking for miracles up and down. If you are well-versed with Islamic healing you would have heard about "Ruqya'' which is healing through reciting authentic prayers from Qur'an, hadiths and some herbs, etc of which you mentioned some. This has been proven worldwide to cure people from magic, evil spirits, diseases, etc. A simple search would have enlighten you!

And even false prophets can do miracles!

JUST ACCEPT THIS FROM YOUR BIBLE

I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

What is a miracle?

A miracle is God's intervention in the affairs of man following his (man's) request.

Qur'an cannot be considered a miracle as a revelation. There had been many revelations to God's prophets, which were not considered a miracle. It is for want of miracles you consider the Quran a miracle.

Your claim that Muhammad performed some miracles is far from the truth. This is the testimony of people around at his time:

Qur'an 13:07
“And the Unbelievers say: "Why is not a sign sent down to him from his Lord?" But thou art truly a warner, and to every people a guide.”

If he did all those things you said, the people would not make such a statement.

Muhammad himself said he was not given power for miracles, I therefore wonder why today's muslims ascibe some to him:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 92, Number 379
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "There was no prophet among the prophets but was given miracles because of which people had security or had belief, but what I was given was the Divine Inspiration which Allah revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will be more than those of any other prophet on the Day of Resurrection."

As in the OP, nowhere was Muhammad seen praying for the sick, he would instead recommend material substances for them. That is not the work of a prophet.

If Muhammad didn't pray to solve people's problem, why would today's muslims pray to get their problems solved. Why do you pray as you are not expecting miracle?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:43am On Apr 28, 2017
talkingtruth:

What is a miracle?

A miracle is God's intervention in the affairs of man following his (man's) request.

Qur'an cannot be considered a miracle as a revelation. There had been many revelations to God's prophets, which were not considered a miracle. It is for want of miracles you consider the Quran a miracle.

Your claim that Muhammad performed some miracles is far from the truth. This is the testimony of people around at his time:

Qur'an 13:07
“And the Unbelievers say: "Why is not a sign sent down to him from his Lord?" But thou art truly a warner, and to every people a guide.”

If he did all those things you said, the people would not make such a statement.

Muhammad himself said he was not given power for miracles, I therefore wonder why today's muslims ascibe some to him:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 92, Number 379
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "There was no prophet among the prophets but was given miracles because of which people had security or had belief, but what I was given was the Divine Inspiration which Allah revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will be more than those of any other prophet on the Day of Resurrection."

As in the OP, nowhere was Muhammad seen praying for the sick, he would instead recommend material substances for them. That is not the work of a prophet.

If Muhammad didn't pray to solve people's problem, why would today's muslims pray to get their problems solved. Why do you pray as you are not expecting miracle?

Miracles should not be a cornerstone of faith. Even if you claim the final Prophet did no miracles, the divine revelation he was given was the greatest miracle of all. And we believe he would also intercede for us in the hereafter. You showed your ignorance when you said the last Prophet did not prayed to solve peoples problems.From your Bible, How many sick People did Moses prayed for? Solomon, David, Adam, Noah,...Even Abraham the father of Faith? Does this change their Prophethood? The Prophet of Islam was not sent for miracles but to instill faith in faithless people. This reasoning is why people still patronise native doctors. Miracle has replaced faith!

I still don't know why you are still talking about miracles since native doctors, magicians and false prophets can also do miracles. Stop being a miracle peddler. You can read this again.

I Never Knew You

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by talkingtruth: 4:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
Rashduct4luv ]

Miracles should not be a cornerstone of faith. Even if you claim the final Prophet did no miracles, the divine revelation he was given was the greatest miracle of all.

Good to notice that you have withdrawn your earlier claim that Muhammad did some miracles. Anyway, you have no choice but to withdraw in the face of overwhelming evidences. I hope other muslims here will take note of that and stop making false claims.

How many sick People did Moses prayed for? Solomon, David, Adam, Noah,...Even Abraham the father of Faith? Does this change their Prophethood? The Prophet of Islam was not sent for miracles but to instill faith in faithless people. This reasoning is why people still patronise native doctors. Miracle has replaced faith!

Points of correction:
- Moses didn't need to pray for the sick as the Israelites he was leading were never sick because God's protection was mighty upon them. There was no occasion a sick person was brought to Moses for healing.
- Solomon was not a prophet but a king.
- David was same as Solomon
- Adam, Noah and even Abraham were never challenged to heal the sick, if you must call them prophets. But Muhammad had that challenge but couldn't prove his prophethood.

I still don't know why you are still talking about miracles since native doctors, magicians and false prophets can also do miracles. Stop being a miracle peddler. You can read this again.

What native doctors, magicians and false prophets do is magic. Only God's supernatural work is called miracle.

Do we have to discard God's miracles because Satan counterfeits them?

It again boils down to the question: why do muslims pray when they are not expecting God's supernatural intervention, otherwise known as miracle? You have not answered the question yet.

Who is the Father in heaven? Allah?

Those who call Jesus Lord only with their mouths but without their hearts and deed are being referred to in your Biblical qoute. Not all Christians are
true Christ followers.
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by ibtz: 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
talkingtruth:

What is a miracle?

according to wikipedia a miracle is an event that happens and cant be explained reasonably and by scientific laws. it does not have to happen at the request of man so all your assertions are fundamentally incorrect. You Said It Yourself only God's supernatural work can be called a miracle.
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by ibtz: 3:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
THIS IS FOR D OP. your view that muslims dont expect help from God when praying is totally incorrect . we muslims look to GOD for each and everything . Quran 1:5 "you alone we worship and you alone we ask for help."

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by ibtz: 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
HEALING WITH ZAMZAM WATER IS IT NOT A MIRACLE? OR YOUR HEALING WITH YOUR HOLY WATER IS NOT CONSIDERED AS MIRACLE
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by ibtz: 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
THE QURAN IS A MIRACLE BECAUSE IT WAS GIVEN TO AN UNLEARNED MAN WHO COULD NOT READ NOR WRITE. HOW DO YOU EXPECT AN UNLEARNED PERSON TO WRITE OR A BOOK OR THAT TRANSCENDS TIME. A BOOK THAT COVERED ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE. BIOLOGY, GEOGRAPHY.ETC. A BOOK THAT REMAINS UNCHANGED FOR 1400 YS. PLEASE I WOULD ADVISE TO JUST PICK IT UP ONE DAY AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by talkingtruth: 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2017
ibtz:
HEALING WITH ZAMZAM WATER IS IT NOT A MIRACLE? OR YOUR HEALING WITH YOUR HOLY WATER IS NOT CONSIDERED AS MIRACLE

Zamzam well was dug by Mutaleb, Muhammad's grandfather, who was an idolater. How would Muhammad recommend water made by an idolater as a miracle in islam?

I don't believe holy water.
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by talkingtruth: 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
ibtz:
THE QURAN IS A MIRACLE BECAUSE IT WAS GIVEN TO AN UNLEARNED MAN WHO COULD NOT READ NOR WRITE. HOW DO YOU EXPECT AN UNLEARNED PERSON TO WRITE OR A BOOK OR THAT TRANSCENDS TIME. A BOOK THAT COVERED ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE. BIOLOGY, GEOGRAPHY.ETC. A BOOK THAT REMAINS UNCHANGED FOR 1400 YS. PLEASE I WOULD ADVISE TO JUST PICK IT UP ONE DAY AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.

How many of the earlier prophets were learned?

You don't need to be learned before you receive God's revelation. Therefore Quran is not a miracle because Muhammad was unlearned.
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by ibtz: 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
talkingtruth:

You don't need to be learned before you receive God's revelation. Therefore Quran is not a miracle because Muhammad was unlearned.
THE PROPHETS THAT WERE GIVEN BOOKS COULD READ AND WRITE. MOSES(torah),DAVID(psalms),JESUS(injeel). OTHERS WERE NOT GIVEN BOOKS. ONLY MUHAMMAD WAS THE UNLEARNED AMONGST THEM.
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by ibtz: 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
talkingtruth:

Zamzam well was dug by Mutaleb, Muhammad's grandfather, who was an idolater. How would Muhammad recommend water made by an idolater as a miracle in islam?

I don't believe holy water.
LA LA LA. ZAMZAM WAS EXISTENT DURING THE TIME OF HAJARA WHEN SHE WENT PANTING IN THE DESERT FOR WATER BETWEEN MOUNT SAFA AND MARWA. THEN SHE SAW AN ANGEL DIGGING HIS WINGS INTO THE EARTH AND WATER STARTED SPRINGING OUT FROM IT. MUTALIB ONLY REDISCOVERED IT. MIND U HAJARA WAS A BELIEVER IN GOD.
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by ibtz: 8:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
talkingtruth:

TRUST ME ALL PROPHETS AND PRIESTS OF THE JEWS WERE LEARNED BECAUSE THEY NEEDED TO BE ABLE TO READ AND WRITE SO AS TO PREACH AND READ THE TORAH OF MOSES, LAWS OF GOD TO THE PEOPLE EXCEPT JESUS AND DAVID WHO WERE GIVEN THEIR OWN BOOKS. MIND U THAT DAVID AND SOLOMON DOUBLED AS KINGS AND PROPHETS TO THE JEWS.
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by Nobody: 5:54am On May 05, 2017
truthmans2012:

are you talking about the kind of miracles that are performed after getting powers from licking strippers from head to toe?
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by Alennsar(f): 7:26am On May 05, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

are you talking about the kind of miracles that are performed after getting powers from licking strippers from head to toe?

lol you are just too funny. but wait o I tink op want d Muslim to b like dem, running from one church to another just because of miracles
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by Alennsar(f): 7:44am On May 05, 2017
@truthmans2012

you see we Muslim are not miracle seekers cos we pray to Allah our rabul, sustainer, nourisher, creator and provider because he deserve to be worship. our prayer makes us closer to our maker.

as d saying goes "remember ye Lord in tym of eased and ye lord will never forget you in tulym of need". a believing Muslim will kn dat miracle is not d best tin to run after but bridging d gap between you nd your maker d only one who can give you peace.

I don't need to tell you aboy d miracle of Muhammad (saw) because I know you won't believe it.

salaam
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray When They Are Not Expecting Miracles by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 05, 2017
Alennsar:

lol you are just too funny. but wait o I tink op want d Muslim to b like dem, running from one church to another just because of miracles

lol. the op shuu swerve

(1) (Reply)

Stop Spreading Baseless RAMADAN Time Table! / Islam Now Second Religion In Israel (screen Shot) / From The Benefits Of Our Weekly Study Of The Noble Quraan Based On The Book “taf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.