Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark (38906 Views)

MALABU OIL: Ednan Agaev Reverses Self, Clears Jonathan Of Bribery Claim / See How Saraki Was Received As He Arrives Iiorin Despite His Defeat(photos) / I Warned Jonathan In 2015; 2019, I Am Warning Nigerians Of A Coup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
is david mark himself not from the north?
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by coldsummer: 4:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
amoduokoh:

U expect a senator that cannot even award contracts, to build roads across benue south. Is that not stupidity? No senator has achieved David Mark feat in Nigeria. Go and read about his achievements. Benue South is underdeveloped as a result of state govt negligence.. No water supply in Benue south is David Mark, Cholera outbreak is DM, Bad roads across Benue south is Dm, no industries is DM, No University in Benue south is Dm, Poor facilities of state owned hospitals in Benue south is DM.

Nobody talks about his achievements

Mark remains the only individual who has been consistent with scholarship awards to Benue State students since 2005 till date. At the moment, over 25,000 students have been given scholarship while [b]Benue State Govt [/b]keeps collecting money from student for scholarship without paying over 8 years now.

In 2008, he built and donated a multi-million naira complex to the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Otukpo study centre. The first of it kind outside state capital.

For his effective representation in the Senate, he attracted the multi-billion naira Otobi Water Dam project that will solve water problem in the zone.

He also influenced the constrution of multi-billion naira Oweto/Loko Bridge in Benue South. When completed, movement of goods will be enhanced and it will boost the economy.

He built Joy fm, the first private fm North central.

Under his effective representation that the Federal Government approved the Federal University of Health Sciences in
Otukpo but was aborted by President Buhari.

These are few things Mark has done for his people

Well you call it stupidity because your mind is so blunt that u can't reason beyond the level u see. Are u aware he was entitled to constituency development allowance of anout 500 million every year? He still has that entitlement.

It's silly that u would praise NOUN and term that multi million. Again. Myopia. No wonder u are content with nothing to show for leadership.

Mr have you been to the so called owe to bridge? If your answer is yes then I'm very worried about your sense of achievement. If no, then go look for yourself.

Joy fm? How does that benefit an average idoma man woman and child? That station is constantly used as a means of discrediting other opponents.

But then like I said earlier, I've noticed how blind the minds of the idoma are and I won't school you on what effective representation and leadership accountability entail.
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by BetaThings: 4:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
ocelot2006:

The records are all out there for everyone to see. Compared to most previous regimes/administration, GEJ outperformed them in every sector from the economy to infrastructure, agriculture to Healthcare, education to power, etc. He even made his mark in the fight against corruption when he exposed and fought against the rot in the petroleum sector. That, in my opinion, was the genesis of his downfall, especially when he terminated subsidy payments that led to hikes in prices of basic commodities. He's only weakness was his humility to a fault, and the security issues in the North East didnt help his case. Still his administration is practically responsible for the transformation of our security services and the HIGHEST purchaser of military armaments and systems (Shagari comes 2nd).

As far as I'm concerned, GEJ was the very best Nigeria's had till date. But WE are our own worst enemies. We're so so gullible that we don't sieve through the bullshyte fed us to get to the truth. For those up North, it's way worse as illiterates can't reason for themselves.

Bring the records
List his achievements
I know that he was borrowing to pay salaries even when oil price was about $60 per barrel

I challenge and DARE you!!!!!

A president who with his Health Minister only met with Govs and State commissioners after Lagos State had already built an isolation a new isolation ward for Ebola is being praised here!
Nigerians who believe in make-believe are our worst enemies
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by BetaThings: 4:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
sulesadat:
Don't mind him
He was not 3 for 8 years!
Let him list his landmark achievements
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by vantage001: 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
deji15:
All this Hausa this and that is noise from the simpletons.
Here is my own analysis of the 2015 Election.
- Jonathan lost the 2015 election due to the SW swing votes.
- Buhari has consistently score his circa 12 Million votes from the North since 2003 when he first vied for the Presidency, so in 2015, nothing changes in his Northern votes.
- The Card reader reduces Jonathan and PDP long habit of writing election results that suits them.
- Jonathan realised that with the North standing its ground, his only saving grace is to win in SW, and he was right about that and that is what informed his determination to win the SW votes at all cost.
- Check the 2015 election results, if Jonathan had won the SW, then he would have won three zones and Buhari. three zones.
- Buhari won the SW vote by 55 % to Jonathan 45% of the total votes cast. If Jonathan had won the SW votes by 65% to Buhari's 35%, Jonathan would have won his re election.
-The fact remains that in 2011, SW voted for Jonathan, so in 2015, they decide to pitch their tent elsewhere. The rest as they say is now history.
2019 is around the corner. Jonathan is free to re contest if he thinks he has the wherewithal. Afterall Buhari contested 4 times before the fourth time became his lucky charm.
In politics, someone has to win and somebody has to lose.
No, Jonathan lost because of the middle-belt, not the SW per-say. Don't overestimate yourselves.
The middle-belt has far more electoral value than the SW that was just 55% in favour of buhari.
And now buhari is losing the middle-belt thanks to herdsmen and he is going to find out how important they are in 2019.
All of you in the SW can vote for buhari if you like.

1 Like

Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by BetaThings: 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
Reinvented:
I blame Jonathan for not removing Jega when about 40% of South South and South East (his stronghold) were not issued their voters card. While the North was recording over 80% collection, his stronghold was recording about 60%. A sitting president would require clear explanation from such an umpire, especially with the wide education disparity of both sides. Leave America out, as a president you make the call.

Again, we in south, especially SW hated Jonathan for no reason. We felt that it was better to have a Northerner rather than a South South lead us. I stiĺl do not still understand this hatred and why it still persist. I foresee this recurring because, the SS/SE will some day in the future retaliate.

They voted for Jonathan in 2011 - for no reason
They voted against him in 2015 - for no reason

What is reason to you?
He called their leaders rascals - show him any other region he personally so insulted
At a time they complained that they had nobody as service chief, same as NW, yet service chiefs of Igbo extraction were two - Ihejirika and Ezeoba
What major portfolio did he give them and NW?
We can continue

He was the one that hatred NW and SW for no reason
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by fof1: 4:51pm On Apr 27, 2017
Gistpeeps:
A former Nigeria’s Senate President, David Mark, has said that ex-President, Goodluck Jonathan was too blind to see during the 2015 general elections.

Senator mark said he warned Jonathan of the conspiracy against him in the north before he lost the 2015 presidential elections.

Mark said this in the book, “Against the Run of Play: How an Incumbent President was defeated in Nigeria, written by the Chairman of ThisDay Editorial Board, Olusegun Adeniyi.

He said that he saw the defeat coming and had pointed out the unrealistic voting projections made by the party about the North to the former president and the conspiracy against him but he was not taken seriously.

According to him, “I saw it and at different times, I pointed out to him and the party that the projections being made by some people around the president about what the voting pattern in the north would were wrong.

“I could see the conspiracy and the gang-up building up in the north against the aspiration of Jonathan but my voice was drowned out by those who took it for granted that a sitting president, and one from PDP, could not lose.

“Some people were deceiving the president with the kind of false scenarios they were painting for him. The VP could see the conspiracy but I don’t know how much influence he had on the campaign. Why Jonathan couldn’t see it until it was too late is what I find difficult to understand.”

http://www.gistpeeps.com/2017/04/how-i-warned-jonathan-of-northern-conspiracy-that-led-to-his-defect-david-mark.html

IS COMPLETE STUPIDITY AND PAROCHIALISM. SHORT SIGHTED AND NARROW THINKING IS ALL D MANIFEST OF HIS ERA. LOST FOCUS AND EASILY DECEIVED.VERY CLOSED UP DISPOSITION VERY ANNOYING AND DISCOURAGING BEHAVIOUR AT D PRESIDENCY. A FAILUTE AND A SHAME, DIFFICULT TO CONTEND WITH. A GROSS DISAPPOINTMENT TO D MINORITIES AND ESPECIALLY N.DELTANS.
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2017
vantage001:

No, Jonathan lost because of the middle-belt, not the SW per-say. Don't overestimate yourselves.
The middle-belt has far more electoral value than the SW that was just 55% in favour of buhari.
And now buhari is losing the middle-belt thanks to herdsmen and he is going to find out how important they are in 2019.
All of you in the SW can vote for buhari if you like.

I don't agree with your analysis. It is evident why Jonathan was so particular about the SW votes in the run up to the election. You already agree with me about the 55% support for Buhari by SW in 2015. If that support has been reversed to favour Jonathan by 65%, Jonathan would have won.
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by vantage001: 5:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
deji15:

I don't agree with your analysis. It is evident why Jonathan was so particular about the SW votes in the run up to the election. You already agree with me about the 55% support for Buhari by SW in 2015. If that support has been reversed to favour Jonathan by 65%, Jonathan would have won.
It was one of his initial strongholds in the 2010 election, so yes, he should be particular about it.
It dosen't make sense losing your stronghold.
But the lose in the SW was not that heavy. Non-indigenes made it a very fierce contest for buhari in the SW at just 55%.
It was in the middle-belt one of his other initial strongholds in 2010 that GEJ lost so much and with very significant margins.

1 Like

Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
vantage001:

It was one of his initial strongholds in the 2010 election, so yes, he should be particular about it.
It dosen't make sense losing your stronghold.
But the lose in the SW was not that heavy. Non-indigenes made it a very fierce contest for buhari in the SW at just 55%.
It was in the middle-belt one of his other initial strongholds in 2010 that GEJ lost so much and with very significant margins.

If Jonathan had won SW, in 2015 by 65%, he will be President today. Buhari had always secured his 12 million votes from the North right from 2003. This is how you slice and dice it by over estimating the Non indigene votes in SW. This was how Jonathan was deceived that all he needs to win 2015 in SW is non indigene votes. The result speaks for itself. Don't forget that Jonathan received up to 45% due to the heavy money inducement, religious and ethnic bigotry, campaign of calumny etc.
Come 2019, please re present Jonathan again so that the Middle belt can give him the votes they refused him in 2015 due to herdsmen problem.

Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by juman(m): 5:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
Hiss

In this nigeria, an interwoven country any highly performed president would win second term easily.
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by BetaThings: 6:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
juman:
Hiss

In this nigeria, an interwoven country any highly performed president would win second term easily.

Perhaps the most sensibly incisive post I have read in recent times
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by xnsandrxns: 6:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
Crauxx:
Jonathan lost the election because of all these afonjas. angry

Betraying easterners at any chance they get.

They rather vote buhari in because of thier hate of easterners. tongue

Dumbass
You guys won't stop displaying your lack of wisdom.
Jonathan is not even from the east.
The east is the least of the worries of Yorubas, so stop
this nonsense illusion that anybody is jealous of your dilapidated region.
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by aribisala0(m): 6:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
HottestFire:
America and the North can not hide for long on this issue. It was clear that the northerners wanted GEJ out by all means and America was willing to help at all cost.

Devoting your best to your enemy is like throwing your pearls to the swine. Jonathan thought of giving the best to the north but the north turned back at him

You see how karma works, the same America now has Trump against all the high political game play of the Democrats.

GEJ have his own shortcomings that are less acceptable and expected of a leader, how can you say stealing is not corruption...Refusing to see the Boko Haram game plan and lots...

Amanpour of CNN actually tried projecting Buhari's image. He went ahead and made an erroneous comment of 95% and 5% at the US institute of Peace and the rest is history today.

shocked
That was the more reason why he should have kept the south United with the SW onside. What did he do instead? He decimated the PDP STRUCTURE in the SW.When he took over PDP Had 5 governors in the Zone. He lost all of them to Tinubu. So how was he going to take on the North when he failed to unite the south behind him??

3 Likes

Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by vantage001: 6:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
deji15:

If Jonathan had won SW, in 2015 by 65%, he will be President today. Buhari had always secured his 12 million votes from the North right from 2003. This is how you slice and dice it by over estimating the Non indigene votes in SW. This was how Jonathan was deceived that all he needs to win 2015 in SW is non indigene votes. The result speaks for itself. Don't forget that Jonathan received up to 45% due to the heavy money inducement, religious and ethnic bigotry, campaign of calumny etc.
Come 2019, please re present Jonathan again so that the Middle belt can give him the votes they refused him in 2015 due to herdsmen problem.
But he wouldn't have needed 65% votes from the SW if he didn't perform so poorly in the middle-belt. OBJ did not need bloc votes from the SW to win.
Thinking otherwise is just over-estimating your importance. You are not that important, sorry.
The fact that you don't think the fulani menance in the Middle-belt with the massive lose of lives and the consequences for food security is not serious enough to displace Buhari shows the kind of human being you are.
You are just an emotional bigot. Please don't quote me again. You and your SW people can vote for buhari.

1 Like

Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by mystmoze(m): 6:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
couragekebs:
u warn am abi? u couldn't warn your own self of ur impending defeat.. u saw it buh u didn't see ur own as regards senate chair... no worry, person don see ur own for 2019... yeye polithiefcian...
bros mark won his election... Benue state government chaired by APC and Angry tiv politicians like u influence the tribunal for a re run....idoma have spoken...we rather have de kind of mark than the kind of rotten confused rogues in APC
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by juman(m): 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
sulesadat:

You are perfectly right.
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by juman(m): 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
The former president was a dull politician, but people around him were even more dull than him.

There is nothing that can replace good performance.

1 Like

Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
vantage001:

But he wouldn't have needed 65% votes from the SW if he didn't perform so poorly in the middle-belt. OBJ did not need bloc votes from the SW to win.
Thinking otherwise is just over-estimating your importance. You are not that important, sorry.
The fact that you don't think the fulani menance in the Middle-belt with the massive lose of lives and the consequences for food security is not serious enough to displace Buhari shows the kind of human being you are.
You are just an emotional bigot. Please don't quote me again. You and your SW people can vote for buhari.

You are entitled to your opinion but not your facts. You that is not an emotional bigot, how did you vote and which region did you hail from? Pot calling the kettle black. You are a worst bigot. Dare you to represent Jonothing in 2019 and see the outcome.
Jonothing still managed to receive 30% of his total votes from the same North in 2015. Out of Jonothing 12.4 million votes, almost 3.6 million votes still comes from the North. In 2015, Jonathan still won in Plateau, Taraba and Nasarawa states. While I deal with the facts, you are busy dealing through your emotions.

Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by sikan(m): 6:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
Hmmmm R U GUYS SERIOUSLY THINKING WAT I'M THINKING THIS BOOK HAS BEEN TRENDING SERIOUSLY FOR DAYS NW..... WHICH KIND BOOK BE THAT SEF HOW MANY PEOPLE WRITE AM SAY NA BOOK OF LIFE NI

I CANT WAIT TO READ THAT BOOK O COS EVERYTHING JUST DEY INSIDE THAT BOOK EVEN THE FORMULA TO GO OUT OF RECESSION DEY INSIDE THAT BOOK, BUHARI'S HEALTH SOLUTION TOO DEY INSIDE...... LOL
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by brojoshua: 7:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
What are all these international looters talking about? The first thing is that God is the one who uprooted that looting government and all the looters should go to prison
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by brightsbella(m): 7:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
couragekebs:
u warn am abi? u couldn't warn your own self of ur impending defeat.. u saw it buh u didn't see ur own as regards senate chair... no worry, person don see ur own for 2019... yeye polithiefcian...

Olodo...was he defeated He wasn't. Just that minority cant lead the house that's why he is an ordinary senator now. PDP his party became minority after APC won majority of the house.
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by Dejiprince: 8:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
Very shameless idiot. After being Senate president several times with nothing to show, you are here speaking rubbish. These are the thieves that connived with that drunkard to rape this con3.

Bloody fool.
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by darediamond(m): 9:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
9jakohai:
The reason why PDP lost was that they lost the Middle Belt.

Key states like Benue, Plateau and Nassarawa had PDP gubenatorial candidates imposed on the local branches from Abuja...which led to the popular choices going to APC. (Benue State is a good example).

Then PDP governors in those states....were not doing well at all. Benue was owing workers months of salaries in the run-up to the elections, same for Kogi.

In my opinion...if Benue, Kogi, Plateau had voted for PDP.....the way they did in 2011...GEJ might have edged into victory.

Another reason was in 2011....GEJ built alliances. He allied himself for example with Tinubu in the SW...which enabled PDP win the Presidential election there. By 2015...that alliance was in shambles...and Tinubu had switched to the opposition.

And then they lost Obasanjo to the opposition too. OBJ might have been able to help PDP well....if he and GEJ had not quarrelled.

PDP isn't learning from its mistakes.The party is divided, and members are running to APC. Ah well....Nigeria politics.
OBJ?/Tinubu? Well all I see is Tribalism on the part of those 2 men and yes wreckless greediness.
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by princessayesha(f): 9:50pm On Apr 27, 2017
Eyya...I pity those people in my place that almost killed themselves coz of jonathan's issue. Thsese people will always find a way to include "north " or " muslims " in their political failures. This man should go and ask how many votes Jonathan got in Zamfara state before he opens his foolish mouth to agitate tribal rubbish. Mtsw

2 Likes

Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by proudlyYoruba(m): 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
Crauxx:
Jonathan lost the election because of all these afonjas. angry

Betraying easterners at any chance they get.

They rather vote buhari in because of thier hate of easterners. tongue
I be like do we share the same country, how could you be so dumb. So you flamingos kept a trust or had a truce with the yorubas to vote in Jonathan come 2015, that they betrayed. They supported Jonathan come 2011 even ACN AND CPC vote could not match oga jona's own. Jona is not even an easterner
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by proudlyYoruba(m): 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2017
brightsbella:

Olodo...was he defeated He wasn't. Just that minority cant lead the house that's why he is an ordinary senator now. PDP his party became minority after APC won majority of the house.
so what was that. Does he still have his place. He was defeated because he could not protect his party and house
Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by edupedia: 1:22am On Apr 28, 2017
HottestFire:
America and the North can not hide for long on this issue. It was clear that the northerners wanted GEJ out by all means and America was willing to help at all cost.

Devoting your best to your enemy is like throwing your pearls to the swine. Jonathan thought of giving the best to the north but the north turned back at him

You see how karma works, the same America now has Trump against all the high political game play of the Democrats.

GEJ have his own shortcomings that are less acceptable and expected of a leader, how can you say stealing is not corruption...Refusing to see the Boko Haram game plan and lots...

Amanpour of CNN actually tried projecting Buhari's image. He went ahead and made an erroneous comment of 95% and 5% at the US institute of Peace and the rest is history today.

shocked

....I was enjoying your fiction....olodo!...

1 Like

Re: How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark by ugbengasin34: 9:45am On Jun 01, 2017
Ok Guys, these guys have come up with a new one. No need to ask Peckham or Woolwich for exchange rate. MalooFx now captures the average daily rate at Peckham and Woolwich.

http://www.maloofx.com/rate/london-forex-rates

They also went 1 step further by calculating the exact money you get after yo pay the commission of these money changers at Peckham. Nice one Maloofx

Also a brand new look great for the phone with Canada rates still represented.

http://www.maloofx.com/rate/black-market-forex-rates

The only question I have is could they link me up with where they change the Canadian dollars, my uncle needs to change some Canadian dollars

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pascal Ikenna Ejiogu Turns Black Panther In Campaign Billboard / South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun / Buratai Moves Against Babagana Monguno, Withdraws Amy Officers Attached To NSA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.