Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. (2330 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church / NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? / Two Questions For NL Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
So you guys believe God exists and that he hears your prayers, and every good thing that happens to you is within his control. So I am challenging you guys to a one month exercise. The exercise is simple. Just for one month, live your life like God doesn't exist. Don't pray. Don't sing praises. Just cleanse your minds of any belief that God exists. If you do this, what you'll realize is that your life would still conduct itself the same way. Sometimes you'll have it good, sometimes you'd have it bad. Why? Because that's the true picture of reality. Good and bad happens to us in the world. You wouldn't need to ascribe the good to God and you wouldn't need to make excuses for God for the bad.

Take Sweden as an example. More than half of the Swedish population do not believe in the existence of your Christian God or the God of any religion, many of this percentage don't even believe in the existence of a God. Yet these people live happy lives.They get jobs. They get married. They have children. They live long life's. These are the kind of things Christianity promises Christians. But it's patently obvious that no religion has proprietary rights to these "blessings." If one needs to believe God to have these kind of "blessings," who then is providing the needs of these Swedes who sin against God everyday by not acknowledging his existence?
I am not saying that the people in countries like Sweden don't experience the occassional bad stuff in their lives, they do, just like everyone else in the world does, including Christians, but unlike you Christians, they aren't making excuses for their God using statements like: "God knows best" "No one can question God." "Everything works together for our good." "God's time is the best." They simply recognize that it's all part of our experience on earth and they move on.

I don't see why anyone needs to believe in something that clearly doesn't intervene in their lives.

4 Likes

Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by CatfishBilly: 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
The fear indoctrinated in them won't let them.

2 Likes

Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by wordbank(m): 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
I follow bible principles not yours biko

Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
I regretted reading this thrash.. Oshogbo weeds not to good for your health Try dry pawpaw leaf , it might help.
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
wordbank:
I follow bible principles not yours biko

Good, you follow Bible principles, but what I am proposing isn't a principle, rather, it's a means of evaluating your principle to see if it's true and if it works. Wouldn't you be satisfied to know your principle is valid? But how would you know this if you don't want to test it? Are you afraid to test it? If you are afraid to test it then it means you have doubts about it being valid.

Imagine if you are very good at playing chess and someone came to challenge your chess skills. If you are certain your chess skills are as good as you claim, then you would be confident to accept the challenge.
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by hahn(m): 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
But Christians already do this

That is why they sin then blame it on the devil

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 27, 2017
14june:
I regretted reading this thrash..
Oshogbo weeds not to good for your health
Try dry pawpaw leaf , it might help.

Why exactly did you regret reading it? Please tell me so I may know my error.
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by wordbank(m): 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
Stewie101:

Good, you follow Bible principles, but what I am proposing isn't a principle, rather, it's a means of evaluating your principle to see if it's true and if it works. Wouldn't you be satisfied to know your principle is valid? But how would you know this if you don't want to test it? Are you afraid to test it? If you are afraid to test it then it means you have doubts about it being valid.

Imagine if you are very good at playing chess and someone came to challenge your chess skills. If you are certain your chess skills are as good as you claim, then you would be confident to accept the challenge.
I don't play games with my life
I know what it was, and I know what it is
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by Julivas(m): 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
Apostle Paul did more than this, I pray God will arrest you and turn you to mighty weapon that will win souls into HIS Kingdom in Jesus mighty name, amen.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by TimmyPapa(m): 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
Well brodr.. it's cus u don't knw? Well been a Christian dus not change d fact dat u r in dis world nd dat wat ever happens to non xtians should not happen to U.. Dir are differences btw xtian and d world
1. They av christ
2. The hope of eternal life aftr death here on earth
3. Holyspirit Whc guide us direct us nd warn us of bad tings dat might happpen..
If a Christian does nt work he will b poor... d bibl stated it... nd aso faith without work is vanity.
Also the bible says For God S lve d word
That is eithr u r a Christian or not God loves u..
The bible also make us knw dat it's God dat make d sun shine on both hid own and not his own...he even giv rain to all.. but dir ar special care for does dat Ar his own... so if u say dir is no God... dat dusnt min God should nt giv u rain or sunlight... hope u undrstand

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by malvisguy212: 3:49pm On Apr 27, 2017
Stewie101:
So you guys believe God exists and that he hears your prayers, and every good thing that happens to you is within his control. So I am challenging you guys to a one month exercise. The exercise is simple. Just for one month, live your life like God doesn't exist. Don't pray. Don't sing praises. Just cleanse your minds of any belief that God exists. If you do this, what you'll realize is that your life would still conduct itself the same way. Sometimes you'll have it good, sometimes you'd have it bad. Why? Because that's the true picture of reality. Good and bad happens to us in the world. You wouldn't need to ascribe the good to God and you wouldn't need to make excuses for God for the bad.

Take Sweden as an example. More than half of the Swedish population do not believe in the existence of your Christian God or the God of any religion, many of this percentage don't even believe in the existence of a God. Yet these people live happy lives.They get jobs. They get married. They have children. They live long life's. These are the kind of things Christianity promises Christians. But it's patently obvious that no religion has proprietary rights to these "blessings." If one needs to believe God to have these kind of "blessings," who then is providing the needs of these Swedes who sin against God everyday by not acknowledging his existence?
I am not saying that the people in countries like Sweden don't experience the occassional bad stuff in their lives, they do, just like everyone else in the world does, including Christians, but unlike you Christians, they aren't making excuses for their God using statements like: "God knows best" "No one can question God." "Everything works together for our good." "God's time is the best." They simply recognize that it's all part of our experience on earth and they move on.

I don't see why anyone needs to believe in something that clearly doesn't intervene in their lives.
so you are asking we, the Christians to live one month without God ? sorry, I cannot live an hour without God, am use to honouring God everyday of my life.

something tell me, you are a rebellion child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by VickyRotex(f): 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
Julivas:
Apostle Paul did more than this, I pray God will arrest you and turn you to mighty weapon that will win souls into HIS Kingdom in Jesus mighty name, amen.

grin grin grin grin

Amin Jesu!!!

1 Like

Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by VickyRotex(f): 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
TimmyPapa:
Well brodr.. it's cus u don't knw? Well been a Christian dus not change d fact dat u r in dis world nd dat wat ever happens to non xtians should not happen to U.. Dir are differences btw xtian and d world
1. They av christ
2. The hope of eternal life aftr death here on earth
3. Holyspirit Whc guide us direct us nd warn us of bad tings dat might happpen..
If a Christian does nt work he will b poor... d bibl stated it... nd aso faith without work is vanity.
Also the bible says For God S lve d word
That is eithr u r a Christian or not God loves u..
The bible also make us knw dat it's God dat make d sun shine on both hid own and not his own...he even giv rain to all.. but dir ar special care for does dat Ar his own... so if u say dir is no God... dat dusnt min God should nt giv u rain or sunlight... hope u undrstand

Chaiiiii!!!! From the depths of my heart, I say this prayer.

"May Wisdom never elude you" cool cool cool Bravo!

"Ojo to ro sewuro lo ro si ireke"
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by Kondomatic(m): 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
Why are you so interested in our life?

1 Like

Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by TimmyPapa(m): 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

Chaiiiii!!!! From the depths of my heart, I say this prayer.

"May Wisdom never elude you" cool cool cool Bravo!

"Ojo to ro sewuro lo ro si ireke"

Thanks just to make him realise nd understand it...a canal mind can not undrstand the things of the spirit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
TimmyPapa:

Thanks just to make him realise nd understand it...a canal mind can not undrstand the things of the spirit
You keep on deceiving yourselfs
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2017
The delusion of Christians... thinking they are so special because a god-man was sacrificed to a god for their sake.
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by martinsfm(m): 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2017
This is an argument that wont end, lets just see when we all die, who believed the truth, atheist or theist....if truly God doesnt exist, I havent lost anything serving him....cos he doesnt ask me for anything...
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by martinsfm(m): 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kondomatic:
this is something I told one of them, I wont call him out, hes on this thread too.... you dont believe in God? Leave us that do... them dy find person to join them...na by force?
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by CatfishBilly: 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
martinsfm:
This is an argument that wont end, lets just see when we all die, who believed the truth, atheist or theist....if truly God doesnt exist, I havent lost anything serving him....cos he doesnt ask me for anything...
Not even demanding you worship him else he'll burn you for eternity? Is that one not demanding?

1 Like

Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by TimmyPapa(m): 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
The delusion of Christians... thinking they are so special because a god-man was sacrificed to a god for their sake.
What baffles me is this why u people try to challenge or in anyway against christians... why avnt u challenge the traditional worshippers... they also believ in God... nd beliv dy r special to dir God's too... why com to face xtians
Reason bn dat a kingdom can not com against itself... christianity is the only religion that stand as threat to d kingdom of devil so he trys to brainwash u..nd turn u against d God of the xtians nd not the god of traditional worshippers cus dy ar of the same source... but mind u mattw says the gate of hell shall not overcome his church
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kondomatic:

Because what you guys believe influences various areas of my life and my society in a lot of ways, and most of these influences are negative.

Also, I live in a world where more than half of the population have been brainwashed to believe things that are not true. I am doing you guys a huge favour by trying to get you to see the truth.
Imagine you saw a friend clinging tenaciously to a harmful dea that you knew with certainty wasn't't true, and this idea was modulating his thoughts and actions. Would you leave him to continue conducting his life according to this idea or would you try to dissuade and disillusion him from subscribing to this idea? If you'd do the later, then that's exactly what I am doing.
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by TimmyPapa(m): 4:40pm On Apr 27, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Not even demanding you worship him else he'll burn you for eternity? Is that one not demanding?
nO
Only came to save You from eternal condemnation..satan has a place of his own.. leme explain to u.. Hell fire was made for satan..but satan wanted d creation of God i.e man to partakers of his doom... but God gave a ticket for rescue which u are rejecting presently... so he dusnt force anyone to worship him ok! It's a matter of choice dats y som1 like u can decide not to av d ticket
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
Julivas:

Unlike apostle Paul I have been a christian before, and for many years. And you are drawing a false parallel between me and the founder of your religion. I am not persecuting anyone. I haven't physically harmed anyone. I haven't even verbally abused anyone. All I am doing is trying to show you the flaws in your belief system and get you to engage with my argument and re-examine your beliefs. Of course I could be wrong, but how would you be certain about this if you fail to re-evaluate your beliefs?
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
TimmyPapa:

What baffles me is this why u people try to challenge or in anyway against christians... why avnt u challenge the traditional worshippers... they also believ in God... nd beliv dy r special to dir God's too... why com to face xtians
Reason bn dat a kingdom can not com against itself... christianity is the only religion that stand as threat to d kingdom of devil so he trys to brainwash u..nd turn u against d God of the xtians nd not the god of traditional worshippers cus dy ar of the same source... but mind u mattw says the gate of hell shall not overcome his church
...The delusion is strong that in absence of evidences they fear anyone that attempts to scrutinize the beliefs.

The African Christian is worst of all. For the lack of written scriptures and historical antecedents they condemn their ancestral religions, and they believe an unverifiable foreign folklore is an authentic account of history of the universe.

Our irritation and criticism stems from these fact. Hence, we do that by simply demanding proofs for the wild claims/beliefs. And always, they fail to present any justification for holding onto a Middle-Eastern religion as a universal path to a "creator".

You see, my friend, we are doing those who are willing to use their brains a favour. The world has achieved a lot by engaging in objective research. Dogmatism/religiosity has never contributed to human knowledge or development.

1 Like

Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by martinsfm(m): 5:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
CatfishBilly:

lol...u dnt gt.. I actually dnt lose while im serving God now on earth, is it going to church everyday? Is dt one sacrifice? For me serving God isnt consuming anything from me to now say Im not doing again...life is short man...just one question... if truly God isnt real. What is the gain for atheist?
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by martinsfm(m): 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
Atheist always trying to be smart.... what is your gain if God doesnt exist??
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by ilynem(m): 5:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
Stewie101:

Because what you guys believe influences various areas of my life and my society in a lot of ways, and most of these influences are negative.

Also, I live in a world where more than half of the population have been brainwashed to believe things that are not true. I am doing you guys a huge favour by trying to get you to see the truth.
Imagine you saw a friend clinging tenaciously to a harmful dea that you knew with certainty wasn't't true, and this idea was modulating his thoughts and actions. Would you leave him to continue conducting his life according to this idea or would you try to dissuade and disillusion him from subscribing to this idea? If you'd do the later, then that's exactly what I am doing.
I wonder why its always Christianity that is attacked? Islam causes the most harm to you and every other atheist directly or indirectly, but still you attack Christians. Traditional worshipers conduct human sacrifices and all other inhumane things but still christianity is what affects you the most? I want you to calm down and think. "What has Christianity done to me that I hate is so much"? Imagine a world where 98 percent are Christians except you and other Nairaland atheist. And then imagine one with 98 percent Muslims (with sharia) except you and other nairaland atheists. Which is safer for you sir? I think you are pointing your gun at the wrong direction.
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by ilynem(m): 5:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
...The delusion is strong that in absence of evidences they fear anyone that attempts to scrutinize the beliefs.

The African Christian is worst of all. For the lack of written scriptures and historical antecedents they condemn their ancestral religions, and they believe an unverifiable foreign folklore is an authentic account of history of the universe.

Our irritation and criticism stems from these fact. Hence, we do that by simply demanding proofs for the wild claims/beliefs. And always, they fail to present any justification for holding onto a Middle-Eastern religion as a universal path to a "creator".

You see, my friend, we are doing those who are willing to use their brains a favour. The world has achieved a lot by engaging in objective research. Dogmatism/religiosity has never contributed to human knowledge or development.
Thank you sir. We appreciate your concern. But my God is tested and proven. You will experience Him soon.
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by luvmijeje(f): 6:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
Smh. Is this not cause by joblessness?
Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by Kondomatic(m): 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
Stewie101:

Re: NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. by PROPHETmichael: 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
Stewie101:

Satan i rebuke you, get thee behind me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Have Victory Over Eating In Dreams. / Who Is Jehovah? / How To Start Practicing Ifa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.