Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (300216 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2017
Cebu:
[I can imagine the anguish and frustration you've been through... Please, have you got any subtantive explanations why 2016 batch have received payments successively while you (2015) are left hanging?]

No, we have not been paid, unfortunately. It truly is demoralising. I'm a PhD student. The first and only payment I received was in March 2016 (mind you I registered/started the previous year - October 2015). It's a shame really.

I have been in touch on a weekly basis to find out what the issue is and have heard varying reasons as to why we've been neglected. First, we were told it was a total overhaul or auditing of the system to determine genuine scholars. To that end, we were asked to submit necessary documentation including assessment reports to prove I'm a PhD (NDDC) scholar and in the school to which I was awarded the scholarship for (which I did). Then, it was just the usual line; 'we are awaiting management approval' and that has been the narrative for a long time. We heard some scholars were paid around March 2017 and we had hope that perhaps we will receive ours soon but nothing. It truly is embarrassing being bombarded by the school on outstanding fees/payments and I simply just forward such notifications to them (NDDC).
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2017
dannysugar:

I sympathize with you on this. If you have been paid at least once although late, hw difficult is it to track same invoice from the school that got the payment as NDDC claims? Well, I hope this gets clearer.

For the first payment, my tuition fees were paid directly to my school's account and this followed from the invoice I initially sent to NDDC so there were no issues. I don't think it is difficult to track the invoice because the school addresses NDDC on the invoice note - which is sent to me, and what I have always done is forward the invoice to NDDC. As a PhD student, your tuition fees does not change in the three years of your study and the school has always provided an invoice for the next school year (with reminders on outstanding payments which I have always forwarded to the commision).

The funny part is, we actually received an email last year October (start of a new session) from NDDC scholarship coordinator to send tuition invoices as soon as possible, which I and my colleagues did but since October 2016 to date, nothing - we've just been in limbo. How I have survived to this day is a miracle, to be honest.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
ladybug2:

How I have survived to this day is a miracle, to be honest.

It is my earnest prayer that an end to these sad tales about NDDC Scholarship in general comes to an end.
I commend you guys for the steps taken to end this problem. The news about this is already gathering momentum on newspapers and blogs and I believe/hope the mgt is not heartless not to take another look into your claims. Keep up the struggle. Future Scholars will benefit from these corrections.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2017
dannysugar:

It is my earnest prayer that an end to these sad tales about NDDC Scholarship in general comes to an end.
I commend you guys for the steps taken to end this problem. The news about this is already gathering momentum on newspapers and blogs and I believe/hope the mgt is not heartless not to take another look into your claims. Keep up the struggle. Future Scholars will benefit from these corrections.

Thank you. Wish every potential scholar the best and hope things do change for the better

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2017
Stay afloat @ladybug. I can relate to studying with little or no resources to live on, its not a funny experience. Hopefully, things will change with our set.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Mayflowa(m): 6:12am On Oct 07, 2017
ladybug2:

For the first payment, my tuition fees were paid directly to my school's account and this followed from the invoice I initially sent to NDDC so there were no issues. I don't think it is difficult to track the invoice because the school addresses NDDC on the invoice note - which is sent to me, and what I have always done is forward the invoice to NDDC. As a PhD student, your tuition fees does not change in the three years of your study and the school has always provided an invoice for the next school year (with reminders on outstanding payments which I have always forwarded to the commision).

The funny part is, we actually received an email last year October (start of a new session) from NDDC scholarship coordinator to send tuition invoices as soon as possible, which I and my colleagues did but since October 2016 to date, nothing - we've just been in limbo. How I have survived to this day is a miracle, to be honest.

There are many of us that are like you and it's been hard surviving in school. I am a 2014 PhD scholar and started school in 2015. I have been paid just once in 2015 effortlessly. 2016 tuition wasn't paid and 2017 tuition has not been paid also. How can anyone continue in school oversea without paying two consecutive year tuition? This is one place where you pay for every damn service you get. Some scholars have received debt collector agency letter to pay up their university accumulated debt or face prosecution.

There is no care from NDDC whatsoever. I have even travelled to Nigeria when the pressure became too much for me to handle to meet with the education director about 3 months ago with borrowed money. He only said he sympathize with us but can't do anything about it. He said the duty to approve rest entirely with the MD/CEO. That is how I lost more money and plunged further in debt.

This isn't about lack of money from NDDC. It's sheer wickedness. NDDC has consistently boast of supporting contracts, business and skills in Niger delta in tune of billions of Naira till this minute. On twitter, NDDC heaps praises on themselves about meeting their agency's goal. Leaving their own children education fundless after sending them abroad is complete irresponsibility and height of inhumanity to man. The now CEO Nsima Ekere has not placed priority on education and human lives because scholar abandonment can clearly turn catatrophic!

The worst part is no Nigeria leader or media is concerned about this unbecoming behaviour from a well funded agency by federal govt., UN, ford foundations and plethora of oil companies in Nigeria. The house of assembly members and the executives have all turned a blind eye. The various Nigeria media were very quick to publish when the CEO once said every scholar will get his/her payment immediately but forestall the story of continued suffering of scholars on account of failed promise.

This is what happen in banana Republic where no one answered to anyone nor to the people. This is not the Nigeria we dream of!
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 07, 2017
The 2017 NDDC Foreign Scholarship may likely be the last.
Our prayer is that the pending awards be made...
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 8:35am On Oct 07, 2017
Cebu:

I am beginning to even feel that our set might not make it, with all these problems and little time to sort it out. I would have thought by now NDDC would have paid the 2015 set.This is already second week of October arriving and they practically 6 weeks away from December and it ends there.

December is a stale month, NDDC can choose to suspend this years award indefinitely by the way things are moving. I hope it doesnt settle at that.

Such a dissapointment if you ask me.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 9:33am On Oct 07, 2017
2017 Scholars will be mobilized soon. It has delayed no doubt but going forward it may be the best in welfare. I encourage everyone to keep faith. The delay will work in our good. The sore tale of the 2015 scholars will put this scholarship on the right track. Cheers guys.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 10:54am On Oct 07, 2017
Cebu:

The truth is....when pushed to the wall, people no longer give a damn about what happens. Even if the list is released today, some dreams already have been killed by virtue of the delay. I am not and will not be afraid to loose my award letter in order to ensure that justice is done.

We must kick against injustice wherever it occurs; no matter who is involved. Why we clamour for the prompt release of the list, we must also not forget to fight for our comrades who are the currently being neglected by the inhuman and insensitive beviours of the NDDC.

It should be noted that they aren't doing us any favour by placing us on this program; its our rights and we must never be on our knees in demanding for it. Nsima Ekere is being irresponsive to the plight of the scholars both prospective and those currently studying.

We must let the world know this, we must shout out loud. Take it to the world in whatever way you can, phone calls, twitter, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp. Copy whoever you feel will amplify our situation until it gets to them. We have been patient enough and in this country, the patient dog dies.

Ke Sera is no longer Sera....whatever will be will only be when we work and act towards it.

Let's go get it.

4 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by mcpreciousivan: 10:56am On Oct 07, 2017
Mobilize to where precisely? All September resumption date gone. Till next september 2018 or February 2018 that's only if the school take in February. All admissions need to be differ and mind you this current CEO/MD will not accept change of institution as that's part of what they said constitute all this mess. So bro stop given fake hope of mobilization soonest. Dem never release list na mobilization you dey eye.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 10:56am On Oct 07, 2017
The truth is....when pushed to the wall, people no longer give a damn about what happens. Even if the list is released today, some dreams already have been killed by virtue of the delay. I am not and will not be afraid to loose my award letter in order to ensure that justice is done.

We must kick against injustice wherever it occurs; no matter who is involved. Why we clamour for the prompt release of the list, we must also not forget to fight for our comrades who are the currently being neglected by the inhuman and insensitive beviours of the NDDC.

It should be noted that they aren't doing us any favour by placing us on this program; its our rights and we must never be on our knees in demanding for it. Nsima Ekere is being irresponsive to the plight of the scholars both prospective and those currently studying.

We must let the world know this, we must shout out loud. Take it to the world in whatever way you can, phone calls, twitter, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp. Copy whoever you feel will amplify our situation until it gets to them. We have been patient enough and in this country, the patient dog dies.

Ke Sera is no longer Sera....whatever will be will only be when we work and act towards it.

Let's go get it.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by shophut(m): 11:29am On Oct 07, 2017
Not #selfishness it's the world we live in. All humans are selfish.

Knightcrawler1:

How does informing others that you got an email amount to exposing your connections?#selfishness #NigerianProblem.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 11:45am On Oct 07, 2017
mcpreciousivan:
Mobilize to where precisely? All September resumption date gone. Till next september 2018 or February 2018 that's only if the school take in February. All admissions need to be differ and mind you this current CEO/MD will not accept change of institution as that's part of what they said constitute all this mess. So bro stop given fake hope of mobilization soonest. Dem never release list na mobilization you dey eye.

You are just being realistic and I like that, the truth is always sore.... 6 MORE WEEKS TO GO THEN WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE IN FOR.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Knightcrawler1: 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2017
sethmelia002:

You are just being realistic and I like that, the truth is always sore.... 6 MORE WEEKS TO GO THEN WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE IN FOR.

I have always believed that there is a solution to every problem,be it a political solution or spiritual, and desperate situations require desperate measures... It appears we have accepted that we can't do anything about the delay, ...if we can agree on a common course of action I'm sure we can get the MD/CEO to release the list and focus on running NDDC properly as against his main interest of playing politics in Akwa Ibom.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannycrane77: 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2017
Nddc is talking crab. If they say no change of insti tution and course or no deferment. They would have done things on time.lets wait n see how dat crab law stands .

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2017
Knightcrawler1:

I have always believed that there is a solution to every problem,be it a political solution or spiritual, and desperate situations require desperate measures... It appears we have accepted that we can't do anything about the delay, ...if we can agree on a common course of action I'm sure we can get the MD/CEO to release the list and focus on running NDDC properly as against his main interest of playing politics in Akwa Ibom.

Ideally you are very spot on with this, but sometimes reality has to set in. We are in an environment were certain things dont look like waht they seem. In as much as I hate this wait, I still think it is better to face the true situation of things so you can mitigate against unforeseen circumstances and gain traction with your objectives. It is just a sad situation, imagine with all that media hype from the 2015 set and desperate measures put in place to attract the attention of the NDDC Chairman, Minister of Niger Delta and even the Presidency, but to no avail these guys havent even been paid yet and we are here talking about agreeing a common course to take actions.

We are just vulnerable Citizens and our leaders know to well to continually take advantage of it, so to mitigate against these guys totally destroying our dreams we need to face some reality and set out contingency plans to find our way out of all this mess we are in...My two cents. I only have 6 weeks left with these people and that will be it for me.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by nelsont1: 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2017
We deserve what we get from this government. Let's keep quiet until we grow old and die please. Let's stop complaining.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2017
Chigojude:
Stay afloat @ladybug. I can relate to studying with little or no resources to live on, its not a funny experience. Hopefully, things will change with our set.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
The Vice president is currently in the UK. For those in the UK, can anything be done to capture his attention there?

I mean in terms of your living conditions as a result of NDDC.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by xenaaa: 11:54am On Oct 09, 2017
@nelsont1

Kindly check your mail and reply, thanks

nelsont1:
We deserve what we get from this government. Let's keep quiet until we grow old and die please. Let's stop complaining.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by nelsont1: 12:17am On Oct 10, 2017
Which mail please?
xenaaa:

@nelsont1

Kindly check your mail and reply, thanks

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 10, 2017
The list shall be released LATEST (on or before Friday) next week...
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by xenaaa: 1:38am On Oct 10, 2017
Yahoo. Thanks

nelsont1:
Which mail please?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannycrane77: 5:29am On Oct 10, 2017
Cebu:

Please whats your source.hope you wont dissappear or bring anor story next week.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by choicecad: 7:13am On Oct 10, 2017
dannycrane77:

Please whats your source.hope you wont dissappear or bring anor story next week.

What source and how true is it, we have been hearing this, i just pray its realistic this time around.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by mcpreciousivan: 8:00am On Oct 10, 2017
Don't listen to any fake rumors here...No one gat access to info on when the list will be release... the release of the list is subject to government "parol"....I've made a call to some top men and yet they gat no info on when the list will be release...all they said was that it will be release anytime but no one knows when... so guys don't believe on fake rumors here, they ain't gat no fucking info on that. My take on in all is that we should cross our fingers and await anytime it comes out then we take it and if it doesn't we take it but the ultimate is that each and everyone of us should be praying to make this list...thanks. @ Cebu stop spreading and giving fake hope.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by na2016: 8:41am On Oct 10, 2017
mcpreciousivan:
Don't listen to any fake rumors here...No one gat access to info on when the list will be release... the release of the list is subject to government "parol"....I've made a call to some top men and yet they gat no info on when the list will be release...all they said was that it will be release anytime but no one knows when... so guys don't believe on fake rumors here, they ain't gat no fucking info on that. My take on in all is that we should cross our fingers and await anytime it comes out then we take it and if it doesn't we take it but the ultimate is that each and everyone of us should be praying to make this list...thanks. @ Cebu stop spreading and giving fake hope.

Thank you for this update.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2017

Wow, Y'all have chased @Cebu away. He's been right with update of Nddc past scholarships timeline. This post is the first in specifics of all he has posted concerning the time frame to expect the list. However, this is not to say that it will be so(b4 i get slaughtered here) But one thing I know is that the end is in sight. I will not say anything more that i already know. Happy Waiting.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Hokage94(m): 8:19am On Oct 11, 2017
abeg what is the meaning of NDDC. LAST I CHECKED, it was Nigerian Democrats Driving Corruption lipsrsealed..My best friends told me it was Niger Delta Disease Control with sole purpose of fighting Monkey pox in Bayelsa and Environs

in summary, i yaf tire.. ayam not undastanding grin
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by iphyconsult: 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2017
Is there any 2016 scholars who are yet to be paid and are currently in UK (london precisely). 2015 scholars are working out some plans.

Pls contact me ASAP if you wanna join this movement!
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Mayflowa(m): 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
iphyconsult:
Is there any 2016 scholars who are yet to be paid and are currently in UK (london precisely). 2015 scholars are working out some plans.

Pls contact me ASAP if you wanna join this movement!

What do you mean by plan? I am 2015 scholar, unpaid tuition and expenses for two sessions, and I do not know of any plan for us. Pls fill me in

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (105) (Reply)

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.