Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,769 members, 7,955,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:43 PM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (307104 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
What we should be praying for collectively as a group is for this issue to be resolved soonest so NDDC can proceed with our set, and also pray that there is still enough money left to mobilize us so there wont be any nonsense talk of merging our set with another set as a result of an unusual plummet in scholarship funding for the year. These guys work on a budget remember.......
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2017
sethmelia002:
What we should be praying for collectively as a group is for this issue to be resolved soonest so NDDC can proceed with our set, and also pray that there is still enough money left to mobilize us so there wont be any nonsense talk of merging our set with another set as a result of an unusual plummet in scholarship funding for the year. These guys work on a budget remember.......

Is it right to say the previous budget for this was embezzled? How will NDDC blame scholars for not traveling early/changing schools when they(NDDC) are the cause by not mobilizing them on time.The commission cant absolve itself of the problems scholars are facing.
I will join u to pray continuoslly cos its high time the financial irregularities end.
Like my brother said, we deserve better.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 8:18pm On Sep 27, 2017
Those that fed fat from scholarship budget are not ghost. The current Mgt can fish them out and flush them from being involved any longer. This matter has lingered for too long.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Lekubumber: 8:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
dannysugar:
I'll also lay part of the blame on previous & current scholars who wrongly bent the rules of engagement by hastingly leaving the country without securing their welfare having heard reports of complaints of no mobilization/prompt payment for the past 4yrs if not more, now they are facing hardship. Because it happened to others and few felt"it won't happen to me" resulted to this.

PTDF scholarship may not be perfect but it remains the best model for other scholarships by Govt agencies to adopt/improve upon.

NDDC is for us & we are paramount & deserve the best being citizens of this blessed region.

My question is when will the negative reports concerning this scholarship end? Only a fool repeats same mistakes. Pls lets do better this time.

... Hurriedness not an excuse... I was even in d UK wen I got my award letter... I have received payment twice... My school has received my fees twice.... Y is it dat it is my last payment dat reminded dem dat I left d country in hurry.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by shophut(m): 9:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
I made a comment about the NDDC board getting it right before sending the next batch of scholars abroad and i was queried by someone on this platform accusing me of dining with the MD/CEO of NDDC.

Well, it is quite obvious by now to all of us that NDDC has a lot of issues pending that really needs to be resolved. Not just the scholarship.

I wonder why scholars here keep blaming NDDC when some of us here are part of the problem. Some scholars go to the length of getting
Senators, House of Reps, and House of Assembly Members, Ministers, Commissioners they know to write the MD/CEO of NDDC on their behalf
so they can be awarded scholarship. Some past scholars did not even pass through due process of selection but were awarded scholarships.

Now the current MD has said that such excesses cannot continue. Most of these problems were inherited from his predecessors. The pressure mounting on this man for trying to do the correct thing is this delay we are facing.

Some of us really need to #pauseandthink about this country and not just ourselves.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
viewingthistopic:

Is it right to say the previous budget for this was embezzled? How will NDDC blame scholars for not traveling early/changing schools when they(NDDC) are the cause by not mobilizing them on time.The commission cant absolve itself of the problems scholars are facing.
I will join u to pray continuoslly cos its high time the financial irregularities end.

I get your grief but remember this particular set 2015 was under a totally different administration. Goodluck/Dan Abia. That transition from PDP to APC is a factor to reckon with if you get my drift.. I get worried the more I look into this thing.Plus get angry

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Donmatlock: 12:04am On Sep 28, 2017
Lekubumber:
... Hurriedness not an excuse... I was even in d UK wen I got my award letter... I have received payment twice... My school has received my fees twice.... Y is it dat it is my last payment dat reminded dem dat I left d country in hurry.

Dont mind these psychophants. Some Nigerian youths are so useless. Instead of standing together to demand accountability, transparency and due deligence, they are here blaming the victims. Nigeria is bastardized with corruption. This Esima or what is his name is just a typical corrupt idiot. He is trying to favour his Godfathers.

If he was a responsible and man of integrity, he would have published the cbt results and interviews so that candidates with higher scores will automatically be selected. Even Buhari won't change it easily if the scores are seen.

What about the transport fares. He decided to keep them in an account to make more money. For your information, all these funds have been budgeted and allocated, so he has no excuse.

He is diverting money for his governorship ambition and it won't work. I pray EFCC will catch up with him. Even the staff are not happy with him.

If he dares to deny any candidate their rightful place, his right and all his generation will be denied good things nit if he stands on a path of honor, he shall be honored.

I have declared and so shall it be both in heaven and on earth. Corruption has bedevilled this godamm nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Donmatlock: 12:14am On Sep 28, 2017
shophut:
I made a comment about the NDDC board getting it right before sending the next batch of scholars abroad and i was queried by someone on this platform accusing me of dining with the MD/CEO of NDDC.

Well, it is quite obvious by now to all of us that NDDC has a lot of issues pending that really needs to be resolved. Not just the scholarship.

I wonder why scholars here keep blaming NDDC when some of us here are part of the problem. Some scholars go to the length of getting
Senators, House of Reps, and House of Assembly Members, Ministers, Commissioners they know to write the MD/CEO of NDDC on their behalf
so they can be awarded scholarship. Some past scholars did not even pass through due process of selection but were awarded scholarships.

Now the current MD has said that such excesses cannot continue. Most of these problems were inherited from his predecessors. The pressure mounting on this man for trying to do the correct thing is this delay we are facing.

Some of us really need to #pauseandthink about this country and not just ourselves.

Sir. We are not fools. Stop this eye-service. Even if there was a wrong doing should this numskull keep us in the dark? He has not communicated with candidates since May. Does he think that place is his father's house? The past NDDC MD/CEO has been the most successful and transparent. She published results immediately, did interviews immediately, paid transport fares promptly and selected the highest scoring candidates. I was proud of her despite that I narrowly didnt make because Imo had higher scores but didnt get more like Rivers and Delta.

So for a crook like Nsima to say bullshit, he must be a thief because he is looking for loopholes to steal. If he postpones this scholarship now, he will embezzle the money because he knows he won't be there before 2019 elections.

Shame on him! Shame on him and the Chairman!
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 12:47am On Sep 28, 2017
Donmatlock:

Sir. We are not fools. Stop this eye-service. Even if there was a wrong doing should this numskull keep us in the dark? He has not communicated with candidates since May. Does he think that place is his father's house? The past NDDC MD/CEO has been the most successful and transparent. She published results immediately, did interviews immediately, paid transport fares promptly and selected the highest scoring candidates. I was proud of her despite that I narrowly didnt make because Imo had higher scores but didnt get more like Rivers and Delta.

So for a crook like Nsima to say bullshit, he must be a thief because he is looking for loopholes to steal. If he postpones this scholarship now, he will embezzle the money because he knows he won't be there before 2019 elections.

Hmmm
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 2:29am On Sep 28, 2017
Ovywils:

Hmmm

Based on what you have just said why couldnt this lady sort out the back log from the 2015 set because that was the set she inherited from the last MD/CEO, am I missing something here?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 2:32am On Sep 28, 2017
Based on what has been said, why couldnt the lady sort out the bscklog from the 2015 set, that was the set she inherited from the last MD/CEO, am I missing something here?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 5:00am On Sep 28, 2017
sethmelia002:

I get your grief but remember this particular set 2015 was under a totally different administration. Goodluck/Dan Abia. That transition from PDP to APC is a factor to reckon with if you get my drift.. I get worried the more I look into this thing.Plus get angry

I feel there's been deliberate negligence by the mgt to punish those scholars.some who they may have discovered to be "special candidates" that received awards without participating in the selection process as its being alledged otherwise i don't see why it is taking this long to resolve that issue. It all seem to be a vendetta mission being carried out.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 5:17am On Sep 28, 2017
Donmatlock:

U r more of what u call others. Don't also come here to defend any of them. Any List that was published can also be altered before it was published. Do u think those examiners were independent from influence from "above" during her time? SMH

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 12:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
Guys ....how far? another Friday again, no show from NDDC. I miss the quarrel and different sources (list is coming out next week, next month, next year). this place is quiet sha

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 12:27pm On Sep 29, 2017
sign petition una no gree, do twitter campaign - few people showed up....abi we have prayed and waited patiently...its over two weeks now. meanwhile nddc has started skill acquisition program, let's key into it.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
I think the problem of Niger Delta is largely caused by Niger Deltans. If a northerner headed the board everyone will cry wolf yet Niger Deltans have made a complete mess of NDDC since its existence.

I have not been impressed by the current board either,paying lip service to everything. A year gone and just 1 more left to the end of their tenure and all you hear is drafting of road map/working plan,talk shows,speeches & seminars etc. The more we look the less we see. It is well with us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 12:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
Chigojude:
sign petition una no gree, do twitter campaign - few people showed up....abi we have prayed and waited patiently...its over two weeks now. meanwhile nddc has started skill acquisition program, let's key into it.

LWKMD, Haba. I feel your pain man even this skill acquisition may take another 6months to conclude the way things are going. It seem this board love media campaigns.

Meanwhile pple are wailing in whatsapp groups like they'll be heard there. This is becoming a comedy show. Patience Fall On Us.. LOL

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by nelsont1: 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
The system in Nigeria is messed up. We the youths are not even ready for any change. Let them keep playing with us, we deserve it.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 1:37pm On Sep 29, 2017
xenaaa:
I could go, but I will hold till Thursday to see how the week goes.

I was told when asked about the list over the weekend while he( Nsima Ekere) was in Uyo, his response was " I will do it, I will"

Currently nothing is happening as per scholarship 2017 list

So we are either dealing with a con man whose words mean nothing or a damn lazy procrastinator who sits on things for fun.

Either ways lets cling on to the hope that God will push him to act soon.

I'll post if I have any update.

Thursday was yesterday..... today

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2017
I'm happy they are playing with our destinies like this, and they ll do so with many more young ones by publishing nddc scholarship 2018, 2019, 2020...when the previous years are owed tons of tuition money. I'm affected also, I'm not immune to the pain but I say.. we the NigerDeltans are chicken hearted, I watched as most of us said (wait and pray) by the 2nd week of September when schools abroad had started, I tell you, if this scholarship was for youths in the North (for instance) and their awardees list hadn't been published.. it would have been in the news (Channels, AIT.. etc) cos of some protest or riot, let us learn something from the northeners. My advice to us is fall back to ur plan B or plan C, we are in for a boat ride with Papa Nsima. the nddc skill acquisition programme is a subtle way of telling us to come and learn welding and carpentry to better the region.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 2:57pm On Sep 29, 2017
Abeg if you are near my junction, buzz me let's drink beer tonight, its a freaking weekend with Oct 1st also. I cannot come and kill myself..YOLO
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 2:59pm On Sep 29, 2017
dannysugar:

LWKMD, Haba. I feel your pain man even this skill acquisition may take another 6months to conclude the way things are going. It seem this board love media campaigns.

Meanwhile pple are wailing in whatsapp groups like they'll be heard there. This is becoming a comedy show. Patience Fall On Us.. LOL

Patience fell on us and beat us black and blue. In October ...hope, love and mercy will fall on us...have a great weekend @dannysugar
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by 9JAgosurvive: 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
9JAgosurvive:
Many folks would have to deferred their admission to Jan 2018 start due to this delay, however if you looking at a UK university, you are still in luck -even though a couple of UK University exceed the 30000 USD NDDC will be giving,cost for some still fall well below the sponsorship value,and they have a Jan 2018 start.

So for those who are successful in getting the scholarship -and want to take up an offer with well ranked UK institution, that its tuition fee and living cost falls below NDDC 30000 USD sponsorship.

Contact me via PM and I will reply with details of how to get this sorted out asap,at no cost.

All the best,Cheers

Thanks

Lets talk on twitter - https://twitter.com/TeamNGN
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
Chigojude:

Patience fell on us and beat us black and blue. In October ...hope, love and mercy will fall on us...have a great weekend @dannysugar

Thanks Bro, wish u same. i'm searching for cover-all,helmet & safety boots since Papa Nsima wants us to now learn welding..lol.

Some Pple made moves in engaging NDDC bt were blasted not to, that the scholarship was a privilege. Others are waiting for EFCC to round up Papa Nsima while they wail in whatsapp groups. The same spineless,toothless barking dogs called EFCC that only engage in media trials & haven't won any prolific case since forever.
It seems we haven't realized the level of rot in this country esp in the Niger Delta.
Lets continue to watch this comedy show NDDC is airing.

Expect more seminars/talk shows in the coming weeks as we keep observing.
Meanwhile, its Oct 1 by the corner,lets celebrate whatever we think Nigeria has achieved in 57yrs

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 3:59pm On Sep 29, 2017
Chigojude:

I'm jst waiting to read another plagiarized & boring presidential speech as always while watching this comedy show NDDC is airing.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by xenaaa: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
Hey sethmelia002,

Here's what happened,

I sat in Nsima Ekere's visitors room on the 7th floor yesterday from about 1pm to 8pm. He had given word that he will see us as soon as he could ( a handful of us maybe 10 or so)

Just some mins to 8pm. The guy packed up,his aides made way, he was out of the building. Left us all there.

My anxious self was back there this morning. By 3pm, guy hasn't showed up for work. After thinking hard, couldn't do much so I left.

My thoughts, he would tell me the same thing hes been saying " I will do it". I could try to push it but who knows. Certainly can't compel him seeing that I didn't bring a pistol.

My Advice(even though you ain't asking), Speak to your school and see if you can push your start date to early next year. Just to curb the anxiety.

Let's wait for him to feel the need to conclude the scholarship. I think he will eventually do.Take the "next week" speculation with a pinch of salt. I heard his response on the subject as of last week. He said "I will do it" he was careful not to say when again.

Cheers.

[quote author=sethmelia002 post=60943500][/quote]

4 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2017
xenaaa:
Hey sethmelia002,

Here's what happened,

I sat in Nsima Ekere's visitors room on the 7th floor yesterday from about 1pm to 8pm. He had given word that he will see us as soon as he could ( a handful of us maybe 10 or so)

Just some mins to 8pm. The guy packed up,his aides made way, he was out of the building. Left us all there.

My anxious self was back there this morning. By 3pm, guy hasn't showed up for work. After thinking hard, couldn't do much so I left.

My thoughts, he would tell me the same thing hes been saying " I will do it". I could try to push it but who knows. Certainly can't compel him seeing that I didn't bring a pistol.

My Advice(even though you ain't asking), Speak to your school and see if you can push your start date to early next year. Just to curb the anxiety.

Let's wait for him to feel the need to conclude the scholarship. I think he will eventually do.Take the "next week" speculation with a pinch of salt. I heard his response on the subject as of last week. He said "I will do it" he was careful not to say when again.

Cheers.

well done @xenaa, I applaud your approach and courage thus far. na una dey near Papa Nsima.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BRAINNY(m): 11:44pm On Sep 29, 2017
xenaaa:
Hey sethmelia002,

Here's what happened,

Cheers.

Thanks for your effort and patience. But, to leave you guys without a word is quite inhumane - 1PM to 8PM is no child's play. This delay is surely gonna work for our good in the long run. Cheers!

5 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nigerdcritics(m): 12:43am On Oct 01, 2017
viewingthistopic:

A majority of them sitting in a nddc board are thieves
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 7:33am On Oct 01, 2017
Peace and prosperity for all of us. Welcome to October and Happy Independence Day.... Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Donmatlock: 9:17am On Oct 02, 2017
xenaaa:
Hey sethmelia002,

Here's what happened,

Cheers.

Bros. Well done. You are one of a few we have around. I pray God to have you as one of the successful candidates. If I lived in or around PH, I would have joined you physically. In fact, I would have prevented him from leaving. He is a very stupid fellow to keep his fellow citizens waiting for 7hours without empathy. No tea, lunch or refreshment just to remind him of his job. I am not saying you should act negatively. Keep being diplomatic. I hope to meet you someday. I have sent various info to some media outlets but none has published it. Let us also try to raise alarms using social media. Send SOS to Linda IkejI, Ynaija, Omojuwa, GidiTraffick Etc.....

If there was no money why are they conducting entrepreneurship training? That will gulp millions if not billon. Like I said in my previous posts, these guys are smart criminals, they look for loopholes to steal but if they find it hard, he creates one. This is a funnel to embeZzle. BOI and BOA have been training Nigerians on entrepreneurship and after that they go back home with 90% not mobilized. NDDC should not go that way, if truly Nsima is sincere there's no fund.

57years of indepence, we are still in deep shit. Nothing will change. Except another coup happens or restructuring occurs with good intentions.

The scholarship list has been doctored and has gone through so many CS operation. They just scared of releasing it.

Shame on Nsima and Ndoma Egba
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Donmatlock: 9:31am On Oct 02, 2017
[quote author=viewingthistopic post=60898698]

U r more of what u call others. Don't also come here to defend any of them. Any List that was published can also be altered before it was published. Do u think those examiners were independent from influence from "above" during her time? SMH[/quote

I hope you read my post well. I stated clearly that the woman published every information promptly. I don't know her but he did a wonderful job. Even during the process she was communicating effectively online and in print media. There was no alteration, you see your name and scores it is still on their website. I still have the PDF with me. So keep shaking your head, do not reason with it. I know NDDC gives slot to political godfathers but not foolishly holding qualified people to ransom. I hope you get my point. I do not assume like you, I state facts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (105) (Reply)

Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police / Nigeria Civil Defence Corp Is Recruiting: / Nigerian Custom Service: Mass Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.