Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 (47977 Views)

Jonathan Reveals How Obama Govt Interfered In 2015 Election / Buba Galadima: Buhari’s Marabouts Advised Him Against Removing Service Chiefs / Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Gistpeeps: 7:39am On Nov 21, 2018

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has revealed how he was advised against accepting defeat in the 2015 presidential election.

Jonathan also declared that the election was marred with some irregularities, including the difficulty he faced before he could vote in his native Otuoke, Bayelsa State home.

The ex-president said he conceded defeat principally because it was his belief that his ambition should not lead to loss of lives and property as it was the case in previous elections.

The revelations are contained in the former President’s book, “My Transition Hours”, which was presented in Abuja yesterday on his 61st birthday.

Jonathan said he turned down the advice by the then Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Attorney-General of the Federation and Justice Minister Mohammed Bello Adoke; Aviation Minister Osita Chidoka, who was a compere at the book launch; and his Senior Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs, Warpamowei Dudafa.

He writes: “They were recommending sundry alternatives, but I was quiet in the midst of their discussions. I hugged my thought, figuring out how to do that which was best for the country. My personal interest was receding rapidly and the interest of Nigeria looming large. I excused myself and left the sitting room. I walked into my study. Even there, my mantra was a strong circle around me, supporting and comforting me. Let the country survive. Let democracy survive. My political ambition is not worth people being ‘soaked in blood’.”

On how and why he called to concede victory to Buhari, he wrote: “More results flowed in and I could not wait anymore. The announcement of the final result could take issues out of all our hands. It was time for me to take action and bring peace to the nation. I felt I was destined by God at that point in time to inject the peace serum and douse the palpable tension in the country.

“I reached out for his telephone and placed a call through the State House operators at about 4:45pm. A peace I had never felt since my political sojourn descended on me. It showed me where I had been in the past sixteen years and where I was then. I smiled at the thought of what I was about to do. I waited calmly for the person at the end of my call to answer.

“My Aviation Minister, Osita Chidoka, sought my permission to tweet my phone conversation with Buhari. I obliged and he did. The country was no longer waiting for the declaration of the election results. The nationwide tension automatically dissipated as through a red hot piece of iron had been dipped in a bowl of water. Thereafter, I addressed the nation.”

https://all-gists..com/2018/11/jonathan-reveals-advised-not-concede-defeat-buhari-2015.html

94 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by wizhack(m): 7:44am On Nov 21, 2018
shocked

Thank God you don't listened to them.....

Guess would've backfired........

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by AnyoneButAtiku: 7:46am On Nov 21, 2018
Someone ain't telling the truth sad

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Born2Breed(f): 7:48am On Nov 21, 2018
Gistpeeps:

The nationwide tension automatically dissipated as through a red hot piece of iron had been dipped in a bowl of water

https://all-gists..com/2018/11/jonathan-reveals-advised-not-concede-defeat-buhari-2015.html

So touching... Can't stop respecting this man.

If had refused, the election would have been cancelled in some areas and rescheduled. There will be revolt, the North will go gaga and part of the West. Southeast and South south will be calm but will later retialate.
Some will be for and others against. The military will move in and to queel the riots,possibly a take over. Boko Haram will have a field day, Niger delta militants will take advantage of the commotion to grind the oil sector to a standstill,biafra agitators will step in forming a sepratist movement. It would have been total chaos and the genocide would have been unprecedented. The international community will step into the confusion,they also will be overwhelmed cos it won't be about election again but division of the country.
Millions will die cos Nigeria will become YUGOSLAVIA... War with different faces!!!

Thank you GEJ for not allowing your ambition come before the people.

380 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by chiefolododo(m): 7:51am On Nov 21, 2018
Jonathan is not a general

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by zlantanfan: 7:52am On Nov 21, 2018
Its always good to accept when you are defeated.

The voice of the people is the voice of God except you needed the abacha treatment from God

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by IamD18: 7:53am On Nov 21, 2018
You did what you are suppose to do. Nothing special.

We should stop celebrating bullshiiiiit in this country.

115 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by SarkinYarki: 7:54am On Nov 21, 2018
3 years Ago I would have said you did right by ignoring them but after the suffering and lives lost under Buhari I wish that election went another way ..

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by AnyoneButAtiku: 7:55am On Nov 21, 2018
Jonathan said he turned down the advice by the then Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Attorney-General of the Federation and Justice Minister Mohammed Bello Adoke; Aviation Minister Osita Chidoka, who was a compere at the book launch; and his Senior Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs, Warpamowei Dudafa.

He writes: “They were recommending sundry alternatives, but I was quiet in the midst of their discussions. I hugged my thought, figuring out how to do that which was best for the country. My personal interest was receding rapidly and the interest of Nigeria looming large. I excused myself and left the sitting room. I walked into my study. Even there, my mantra was a strong circle around me, supporting and comforting me. Let the country survive. Let democracy survive. My political ambition is not worth people being ‘soaked in blood’.”

But Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Mohammed Bello Adoke have a different recollection of events sir grin grin grin

Okojo-Iwela offers the following insight

Okonjo-Iweala writes that when she got to the Villa, she found a group of politicians urging Jonathan not to accept defeat and another group cajoling him to throw in the towel because it was all over.

“At the Villa, I was met outside the residence by Osita Chidoka, who collected my input for the speech and told me the president was in the residence. When I entered the Villa, the president was in one of the living rooms with the Vice President, some advisers, and a group of politicians who were arguing passionately about the conduct of the elections and irregularities of which they said they had evidence, such as videos of underage voting in certain parts of the country.

“They were urging the president not to concede the election. More politicians came in and joined them. On the opposite side of the room were the Minister of Aviation Osita Chidoka; the Attorney General of the Federation, Mohammed Bello Adoke; and the Minister of Agriculture, Akinwunmi Adesina. They were relaying a dissenting view, arguing that the president should concede”.

And this is corroborated by both Segun Adeniyi and Mohammed Bello Adoke

According to a report on Nigerian Tribune, three individuals encouraged Jonathan to congratulate Buhari, despite the irregularities that marred the election.

Their names were contained in a book, “Against the Run of Play,” written by the chairman of Editorial Board, ThisDay newspapers, Olusegun Adeniyi.

The trio of former Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke; former Aviation Minister, Osita Chidoka and a former Special Assistant to the President on Domestic Affairs, Warpamo–Owei Dudafa, were, in the book, reported to have encouraged the president to make the call to Buhari, congratulating him on the electoral victory.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by yarimo(m): 7:55am On Nov 21, 2018
And people are seeing OKONJO IWEALA and OSITA CHIDOKA as role model, never trust any IPOBIANS

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Tapout(m): 8:00am On Nov 21, 2018
. I walked into my study. Even there, my mantra was a strong circle around me, supporting and comforting me. Let the country survive. Let democracy survive. My political ambition is not worth people being ‘soaked in blood’."

deep

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Omeokachie: 8:01am On Nov 21, 2018
"My political ambition is not worth people being ‘soaked in blood’.”

Meanwhile the lifeless one is complete opposite of this statesmanship with his "both the dog and baboon will soak in blood".

It baffles me why some Nigerians would choose a violent and bloodthirsty man over a peaceful one, only to turn around and lament about being murdered in their sleep while the violent one does nothing to stop the killings.

Next Level to madness!

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by oluwasegun007(m): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2018
Weldone sir....
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by ayusco85(m): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2018
I know you are lying but continue

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Corrinthians(m): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2018
Look at their lives.

Bloody lying crooks.

Their dumb fanatics wondering whom to support in this like.. cheesy

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Omeokachie: 8:05am On Nov 21, 2018
Today, the violent party are falling over themselves to snap pictures with this man of peace, knowing that they can never aspire to what he has become by putting the internet of the country first.

"Dog and baboon will soak in blood" - Buhari

"We will form a parallel government" - Amaechi

"We will make the country ungovernable" - Lawal Kaita

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Offpoint: 8:06am On Nov 21, 2018
Dear Mr. Ahmadu James Yakubu, today's the last day I was asked to give you to redeem yourself. so, I'm going to do you the favour of reposting this:

Dear Mr. Ahmadu James Yakubu,
Hiding under these nairaland Moniker:
*patowa
*Konjimus
and many others which I'm not interested in listing.
I don't wanna believe you're a scammer hence i waited 2 days to do this, but if you are... then you just met the wrongest person on earth.
Remember I told you that woman is a lawyer base outside the country? you never knew her husband's a SARS officer base in Lagos.
By now you've already know yourself if you come across this comment. I'm going to paste this on every section of nairaland today & tomorrow and I'm doing it for your own good.
Here's is the thing, the money mean nothing... you're given the grace to do the job or refund the money between today and tomorrow
If you still don't know yourself, let me make it clearer:
This is you're scamming details
Ahmadu James Yakubu
First bank account
0903 714 7924 was your number
I'm not interested in your moniker cuz you have millions of them, but by now if you're reading this... you know yourself.
You're going to do the Adsense you collected N17,000 in total for between today and tomorrow or refund the money.... else you'll have yourself to blame. what happened to bitcoins scammer 4 months ago will be your fate.
You think you're smart, but dropping those account details was your biggest mistake.
I'll be on every section of nairaland for your own good.

I strike out "and tomorrow" on this post to let you know you only have today.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Firefire(m): 8:06am On Nov 21, 2018
Buhary had promised blood soak, while Rotimi Amaechi with opposition party promised to form parallel government.

Wealthy Nigerians relocated their families and Nigerians & International communities waiting for the mother of all battles.

God used you to save the war & senseless killings expected from the usual & serial bad loser.

Thank you, GEJ. Posterity will be kind to you.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by ZombiePUNISHER: 8:06am On Nov 21, 2018
Useless Jonathan

You had the opportunity to fix the country and move it in the right direction...

But Instead you allowed politicians use their office to siphon billions

At the end... You gave power to the devil himself..

Do you like Nigeria of today?. Does it give you joy and satisfaction...

You are no hero... But only a woman who took the easy way out

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Afamed: 8:06am On Nov 21, 2018
IamD18:
You did what you are suppose to do. Nothing special.

We should stop celebrating bullshiiiiit!
May God reward you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Edgarated(m): 8:06am On Nov 21, 2018
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by tegafej(m): 8:06am On Nov 21, 2018
H
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by kingthreat(m): 8:06am On Nov 21, 2018
We need to stop appraising any government for conceding defeat. You don't have a bloody choice. Reject defeat and he would have been with Charles Taylor right now in prison at the World Court

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Corrinthians(m): 8:07am On Nov 21, 2018
Omeokachie:
"My political ambition is not worth people being ‘soaked in blood’.”

Meanwhile the lifeless one is complete opposite of this statesmanship with his "both the dog and baboon will soak in blood".

It baffles me why some Nigerians would choose a violent and bloodthirsty man over a peaceful one, only to turn around and lament about being murdered in their sleep while the violent one does nothing to stop the killings.

Next Level to madness!
Stick to topic.

Between the ineffectual buffoon and madam headress, who is lying? grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by BafanaBafana: 8:07am On Nov 21, 2018
Hmmm, Even Ngozi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by OsuMustGo: 8:07am On Nov 21, 2018
That useless OSU old hag thief can lie

Foolish woman

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Corrinthians(m): 8:07am On Nov 21, 2018
Firefire:
Buhary
Everyone check out all this one's brain could come up with after reading the story. grin cheesy

Buhari don finish some people for this country mentally. grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abba Moro's Sitting Position At Ortom's Inauguration That Got People Talking (pi / South-East Youths Reject Peter Obi, Back Tinubu & Shettima - The Nation / Moment Supporters Cheered Peter Obi As He Trekked To His Campaign Venue In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.