Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,365 members, 7,957,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:41 AM

UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians (1294 Views)

Buratai: Service Chiefs Have Not Disappointed Nigerians/Buhari / Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm / Trending Video Of Extrajudicial Killings By Soldiers Unfortunate, Says FPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by Freegift75: 6:58pm On Apr 27, 2017
THE EVIL JONATHAN PERPETRATED AGAINST NIGERIANS

Every moment the name of former President Goodluck Jonathan is mentioned, 99% of Nigerians become furious and bitter. The reason is not far-fetched but simply because Nigeria was plundered into bankruptcy under the watch of Jonathan who was entrusted to bring transformation.

Here are 7 ways his administration
failed Nigerians and in many cases, left
the country worse than it met it.

1. Power Generation.
In 2010, when Mr Jonathan was sworn
in as substantive president after the
death of his former boss, Umaru
Yar’Adua, power generation in Nigeria
was 3,000 mega watts. On the day he was handing over to his successor, power generation had dropped to less than 2000 mega watts.

2. Security
This was perhaps Mr Jonathan’s biggest albatross. His administration went to sleep while the insurgent group, Boko Haram, ran amok killing thousands and capturing territory as huge as Belgium from Nigeria in its bid to create an Islamic caliphate. Mr Jonathan only acted decisively when it became clear that the insurgency would cost him votes during the presidential election.

3. Fuel Scarcity
Despite several promises by Mr Jonathan to increase the nation’s capacity to refine crude by revamping the existing refineries and building new ones, no new refineries were built in his five years in office while existing ones never worked at optimum capacity.

4. Corruption
The granting of presidential pardon to former governor of Bayelsa State, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, who was convicted of money laundering, sparked outrage among Nigerians. He also did nothing, until too late, when former Aviation Minister, Stella Uduah, bought two armoured BMW cars for N255 million. When he eventually acted, he only removed the former minister from office without ordering or
calling for her prosecution. Also, instead of investigating the alleged N20 billion the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Lamido Sanusi, said was missing from the accounts of
the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Mr. Jonathan hounded him out of office.

5. Crude oil theft

Yet, instead of the theft of oil to decrease it remained a major drain of resources. According to the Chief of
Naval Staff, Usman Jibrin, the country lost crude valued more than N1.18 billion daily to oil thieves (N433.62 billion annually).

6. Economy
Mr. Jonathan could not sustain the modest economic growth recorded by his government initially. He could not save for the rainy day when the price of crude oil reached very high levels; subsequently depleting Nigeria’s foreign reserves and incurring a huge debt profile as soon as there was a dip in the price of crude in the international market. Mr Jonathan inherited as much as $60 billion in foreign reserve but plundered it to as low as $40 billion in five years.

7. Foreign Relations
Under Mr. Jonathan, Nigeria’s foreign relations was very ridiculous. There was no clear foreign relation direction as the country gradually lost its clout in the international community. Nigeria was left with a bloody nose after the South African government seized its $15 million arms money illegal brought into South Africa in cash. At the twilight of Mr Jonathan’s administration, the
South African government also ridiculed Nigeria’s shoddy recall of her ambassador to South Africa following the xenophobic violence there. Also, the Moroccan government recalled its
ambassador to Nigeria after officials of the latter’s foreign ministry lied about a telephone conversation between Mr Jonathan and King Mohammed VI of
Morocco.
---------------------
Jonathan - an embodiment of ...........!

5 Likes

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by sarrki(m): 7:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
It's uncountable times

He failed God and humanity

2 Likes

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by HungerBAD: 7:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ok

2 Likes

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by maryjan8(f): 7:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Hmmm, too bad
Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by malton: 7:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
By those standards, all our leaders have failed us, not just GEJ.

4 Likes

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
OP talk true, you be apc member.

2 Likes

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by greenermodels: 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
all the Bmc crew have lined up on counter offensive to the news been generated on how northerners ganged up with America and jega to rig out Jonathan including the well publicized use of underaged voters but you can be sure that no amount of propaganda would save buhari and apc in 2019.God bless Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by madridguy(m): 7:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
Following...
Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by criminalmindz: 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
What about the 100 unfortunate ways buhari destroyed nigeria. I used the word destroyed as a past tense because by the Grace of God we are getting a new president in may

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by muyibaba222(m): 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
hmmmm!
Is Buhari now fixing them all?

1 Like

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by obonujoker(m): 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
Should we write out Buhari failures

2 Likes

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by Opakan2: 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
GEJ is not fit to be a ward chairman talkless of president..A weakling that lacks leadership qualities is what he is
Heard the fool takes ogogoro while in office leaving his barren, illiterate witch to do all the work.

Never again will such an infidel, wasteful idiot rule this country

1 Like

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by greenermodels: 7:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
criminalmindz:
What about the 100 unfortunate ways buhari destroyed nigeria. I used the word destroyed as a past tense because by the Grace of God we are getting a new president in may
don't mind the BMC Crew,all their labours would be in vain, osibanjo is significantly better than the herdsman,we would appreciate the new president this may.

1 Like

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by Opakan2: 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
criminalmindz:

Don't tell me you're planning to vote instead of agitating for biafra
Whether you like it or not, Apc will remain in power come 2019. And no VP slot for igbos if that's your wish.
Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by greenermodels: 7:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
Opakan2:
GEJ is not fit to be a ward chairman talkless of president..A weakling that lacks leadership qualities is what he is
Heard the fool takes ogogoro while in office leaving his barren, illiterate witch to do all the work.

i have noticed the new trend of calling Jonathan's wife barren while the moderators watch in silent support, you guys have no iota of civility, God bless Biafra.
Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by Opakan2: 7:23pm On Apr 27, 2017
greenermodels:
i have noticed the new trend of calling Jonathan's wife barren while the moderators watch in silent support, you guys have no iota of civility, God bless Biafra.

But she is barren.. isn't she?

If atal she had a child of her own, she would understand what compassion is.. But no, the foolish woman took away billions to buy and feed pet dogs when real children are going hungry in Aba and other IDPs up North
Even soldiers (other people's children) died in battle cos of her greedy and selfish ways

1 Like

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by Celcius: 7:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
With $16 billion World Bank assisted power project how many watts did Obasanjo generate?
He tried and failed you. What has his successor tried?
We are hit with stagnation, diseases, inflation, job loss, etc as a result of unguarded statements. Which father goes out to say my daughters are bad and expect suitors? He has chased investors away, so he must shoulder the burden of infrastructure by himself.
I ask which is better: To prosper in corruption or to suffer in corruption? Because all governments are corrupt, including Western governments. It takes two to tangle.
Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by WhistleB(m): 7:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
The guy bleeped up sha.
Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by pedrilo: 7:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
2 year after leavin office. u stewpeed people keep masturbatin abt GEJ.

1 Like

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by Freegift75: 7:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
Opakan2:

Jonathan could never function without early morning Ogogoro. I can confirm that. Infact the gods dey vex for him

1 Like

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by HungerBAD: 7:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
Opakan2:

If atal she had a child of her own, she would understand what compassion is.. But no, the foolish woman took away billions to buy and feed pet dogs when real children are going hungry in Aba and other IDPs up North
Even soldiers (other people's children) died in battle cos of her greedy and selfish ways

Deep.

3 Likes

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by greenermodels: 8:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
Opakan2:

patience Jonathan is a saint compared to Aisha buhari's disgusting display of inordinate wealth yet i won't indulge you in a pointless argument, what i know is that referring to her as barren is inhuman and uncultured on your part and that of the moderators that supports you with their deafening silence in the face of evil.
Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by Ebeleiscorupt: 8:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nothing will trill me like seeing Jonathan being clamp in the prison for life term. That man is the worst that can ever happened to a nation.

2 Likes

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by danot1030: 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ebeleiscorupt:
Nothing will trill me like seeing Jonathan being clamp in the prison for life term. That man is the worst that can ever happened to a nation.

I still have not overcome the joy that he was humiliated out of power.

The man's level of mumurism has no equal.

2 Likes

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by ipobbigot7: 8:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ebeleiscorupt:

My trill would have been to strip him naked in public and parade him round the major cities of Nigeria chanting thief at him

2 Likes

Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by obonujoker(m): 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
O mehn.... GEJ's book really touched nerves o... see BMC and Yoruba Muslims full attack on one person.... They aren't even attacking the bony woeful failure, buh attacking a man who did better... some are even calling his wife barren...lol.... so GEJ has no children??

Honestly na GEJ wife fit una.... dey won't talk about Remi Tinubu that has eaten their resources up.....

However u twist it, Buhari is a demonic failure... no good thing comes outta him..

Kiss the truth...
Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by JusticeSeeker: 10:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Asked Father Mbaka to detail you how Jonathan disappointed Nigerians. the clergy man brought some salient points I never imagined in his popular new year eve message. search for the message and improve your write up.
Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by Josefben(m): 12:15am On Apr 28, 2017
Opakan2:

pls talk of d present administration,dnt concentrate on d past,GEJ has played his part in d history of Nigeria presidency nd nw it d turn of Buhari 2 finish d work Jonathan has started,didn't initiate nd left unfinished
Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by Josefben(m): 12:18am On Apr 28, 2017
Celcius:
With $16 billion World Bank assisted power project how many watts did Obasanjo generate?
He tried and failed you. What has his successor tried?
We are hit with stagnation, diseases, inflation, job loss, etc as a result of unguarded statements. Which father goes out to say my daughters are bad and expect suitors? He has chased investors away, so he must shoulder the burden of infrastructure by himself.
I ask which is better: To prosper in corruption or to suffer in corruption? Because all governments are corrupt, including Western governments. It takes two to tangle.
God bless u broda,were z dere no corruption in dis world.corruption z evrywere,jux dat d white do deirs secretely nd codedly.u can't knw because dey re also working
Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by Josefben(m): 12:20am On Apr 28, 2017
Ebeleiscorupt:
If he z d worse den wat can u say of Buhari ur mentor
Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by TheKingdom: 12:21am On Apr 28, 2017
The 8th one is failure to lock up Buhari, Babaginda, and all coupist and murders of innocent folks.

Nonsense
Re: UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians by Josefben(m): 12:21am On Apr 28, 2017
Ebeleiscorupt:
If he z worst,den wat can u say of Buhari ur mentor

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Sending An Astronaut To Space By 2030 / Chief Of Defence Staff Commissions Naval War College In Amaechi's Town Ubima(pix / "Breaking News! Millions Of Nigerians Returning In Droves From Other Countries"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.