Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? (100773 Views)

US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets / Nigerians In Diaspora Should Learn Good Behavior. / Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by koboko69: 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
taiyeayodeji:
hmmm, you have a right to do your business, i see you are a human trafficker, do you think those countries consider your job as legal.what is your motive. i think you try to help people who are desperate by collecting money from them to show them how they can get abroad legally or illegally.You may be reposible for the death of generation through what you are doing, God would hold you responsible.Imagine you helping somebody take a very dangerous risk abroad and the person gets there only to be killed or died miserably.You not only killed the person but a generation, you may insult me or curse me, i would tell you the truth.

Your assumption.; Your headache!

Get emotional as u want...i have absolutely no idea of the thrash u are talking about. And i don't even see the relationship b/w my post and this jargons if not to whip of sentiments or what exactly drove u to make a baseless accusation?

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Freeopod(m): 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2017
Wow.. can't believe I read till the last page. All points from both sides duely noted.
Please anyone in the US should mention the legal ways to enter into the US so that those willing to travel can choose the one most appropriate for them.
Those people who won the American Visa lottery, are they seen as US citizens or they are just green card holder with work permit? I have an uncle who won't the visa lottery approximately 20 years ago, I'm planning to speak to him soon as regards migration but I want to know if his papers and documentations as a lotteey winner can facilitate migration of a niece. Thanks Yall
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by cosade(m): 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Egusi is a local dish in Nigeria.
Egusi is also local/African dish in NY.
Yah logic still don't apply tongue

It's of Public knowledge ad perception that Nigerian girls are called Local chicks by Nigerians in Diaspora.

An amazing fact, a girl who stays in the Rural part of Nigeria is even considered to be a local chick by a Girl who stays in the Urban part of Nigeria.

Like a girl residing in Mbano Village in Owerri, Imo State is seen mostly as a local girl by people who are resident in Ikoyi, Lagos .
Anyways, we agree to disagree

Local is an English word and it is not derogatory.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by dederocs(m): 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Nah people like you dey end inside Deportation Camp or Jail.
Who is avoiding burden, maybe your relatives.
We are just being sincere with you.

Do you think your problems are over once you arrive in a Western Country.
What are your plans, immigration legal plans.

"Yahoo boys in Nigeria are making it, last time I came back, the were the ones that were buying drinks for me, the cars the drove were bigger than the one I used"grin grin... Rt not endorsement
You got a poor mind, not everyone is settling for minimum wage, and if you are not rich, then you are wasting time over there...village immigrant...no be your mate be Seal, Sade and other Nigerians and African doing it big-time who know you or refer to you... Lol.

Why u no do the yahoo, listen if you are not 100mil naira rich after spending 5yrs abroad, them come home.
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Seanjay(m): 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ralphlauren:

Immigration is really tight in the UK now and there isn't much your aunt can do to help you relocate to the UK legally.

She will be doing you a great disservice by helping you get a visiting visa only for you to overstay and become an illegal resident.

Things so bad now that you cannot rent an apartmentment (landlords are legally required to check immigration status of prospective tenants), you cannot open a bank account and you cannot have a drivers license if you are illegal.

The only feasible routes are Tier 2 sponsorship (where a company sponsors you and you can only work solely for that company) or Tier 1 entrepreneur (you need £200,000 to be eligible) or Tier 1 investor (you need about £1,000,000 to be eligible) or marriage (spousal visa) if you want to come here legally and acquire a permanent status (indefinate leave to remain) five years later.

These routes have very,very stringent requirements and the requirements keep getting tougher.

Why not try the Canadian option and speak to her about assisting you with school fees or travel costs?

Didnt you read what i post earlier it 3yrs ago now(2013/14) not now and then i have a spouse then in the UK, thats why she even left cause she said if my aunt couldnt help me then how is she so sure am not a bad person and stuff and i even link them to each other my aunt reside in London while my spouse reside in Ashington Northumberland (where Newcastle Fc is) if you know there? but she told me that since my spouse is not working, that sh is depending on the Social Securities that it will be hard for her to file for me but i told her that if you or your daughters file for me and you get me a visitation visa then when i get there i will move to my spouse and from there we will get marry and apply for residential visa or stay but she just kept turning me up side and down nothing i say that can work in her own case and yet he took his boyfriend along to the UK without any problem but keep calling and given me stupid excuses that is not working
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
Benekruku:
My Naija peeps can use a lot of bad examples to make a point!

Bebe2 is 100% correct!

They will never tell you about the few ones who came in and achieved. It's always the nasty and dehumanising stories they use as case study.

Even withing the country, they hardly Lead u on
Gaskiya!
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
deskossy:
i live in hamburg. Where in germany do u live?

Rheinland Pfalz cheesy
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by oyetpel(m): 12:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
Acidosis:

You're right, majority forge at least one or two papers to get a visa., and then return to church to give testimony to God

grin

We have redefined corruption as "smartness". You're only being smart by forging bank statement or employer letter.. That's not corruption according to a Nigerian dictionary.

Its really a sad thing what our politicians have turned the country to. I can't imagine the so called "expatriates" forging some papers and testifying in church just to fly to Naija. Lol

@OP, I believe some are wired to survive and excel in foreign lands.. I also believe some persons are meant to stay back. Everyone should find a way to identify their purpose, howbeit legally, without necessarily being a burden to people.

Guy US government officials also forge document, even General Flynn is under investigation on this matter. No be only naija corrupt, na our looting political class spoiled our name, and made us also spoil our names by ourselves
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by oyetpel(m): 1:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
odimbannamdi:

Honestly, this is very scary. Please, could u expound more on the emboldened?
Pls how do you emboldened on NL?
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by queendoreez(f): 1:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
tosyne2much:
Can you just imagine? SMH

Each time I talk to my friend in New York about my interest in traveling out of the country very soon, he will start telling me how hard it is to survive abroad and how tax is killing. He tells me how Nigerians roam about the streets helplessly just to discourage me

Please ignore your friend, just like i did to mine. Do not get discouraged. All you need to do is have a plan and stick to it. 90% of Nigerians are very selfish and want others to always look up to them while they "form bosses".
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by queendoreez(f): 1:08pm On Apr 29, 2017
ollah2:
You said nothing but the truth. Btw, what country did you file for if I may ask queen?

Finland.
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by oyetpel(m): 1:12pm On Apr 29, 2017
Mikeparlo12:
Dont blame us buddy....think about it most people just wanna go there without any specific reason thereby becoming a burden. In America for instance...You gotta work to pay bills..If you dont wanna work...dont come

Who doesn't want to work??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by oyetpel(m): 1:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
alsudaes1:

Yeah, ,,

Even in Nigeria, same is done, you see people discouraging others to move to Lagos or Abuja, claiming life is difficult that they also want out
Abi o

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Mcowubaba: 1:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
dederocs:

You got a poor mind, not everyone is settling for minimum wage, and if you are not rich, then you are wasting time over there...village immigrant...no be your mate be Seal, Sade and other Nigerians and African doing it big-time who know you or refer to you... Lol.

Why u no do the yahoo, listen if you are not 100mil naira rich after spending 5yrs abroad, them come home.
Eh pain am. grin grin grin

Ogbeni no be cause your frustrations oo.
Carry your wahala go Chérubim and Seraphim make dey help you grin grin

Don't expect another reply this Year

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by cosade(m): 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
judgedredd22:

stop sounding naive and saying what you don't know... a lot of companies in europe and US give personal drivers to high ranking officers... mostly private firms that operate globally!

Which high ranking officers?
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by haryomikun(m): 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
justwise:

How many years will you keep working illegally before you find your feet and at what age?

Do you know why people don't come home after many years abroad?

err sir. I thought if one is caught living illegally you will be deported.

so if one goes to the us and wants to come back home all one needs to do is just present oneself to the police and that's all!
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by mostyg(m): 1:55pm On Apr 29, 2017
Please watch this Aljazeera documentary, 'Surprising Europe' on youtube before you make up your mind either you want to come or not.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by deskossy(m): 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
lovelygurl:

Rheinland Pfalz cheesy
aha mainz people. Is the nigerian community vibrant over there? Compare to münchen,berlin or hamburg?
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by mostyg(m): 2:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
bebe2:
This is getting annoying , how come each time a person is asking for directions on how to travel abroad most pple in diaspora will be discouraging the person.

If it's dat terrible why are u still there?

You enjoy the benefits of living in an organised society, knowing fully well that naija is a difficult place to live.

Are u scared of the competition the new immigrants will bring?

Nigerians in diaspora , what exactly are u afraid off??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&v=xXDztwTGBa0&gl=NG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4ppCrnhKrM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Saintsquare(m): 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
queendoreez:

Please ignore your friend, just like i did to mine. Do not get discouraged. All you need to do is have a plan and stick to it. 90% of Nigerians are very selfish and want others to always look up to them while they "form bosses".
This is what pisses me off about some people, they always wanna be the boss,that's why I don't bother myself with selfish people who only aren't ready to help but would also discourage peeps.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2017
deskossy:
aha mainz people. Is the nigerian community vibrant over there? Compare to münchen,berlin or hamburg?

Lol yh. It is but but as that of München, Berlin or Hamburg. Those are bigger cities. Besides you are more likely to see a Ghanaian than a Nigerian but I think that's everywhere in Germany grin
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by cosade(m): 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2017
deskossy:
wie gut is dein deutch?

Ich bin neugierig, ihre Antwort zu kennen.
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Donsammi(m): 2:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
Mcowubaba:
My take on this issue.
Most Nigerians think Coming abroad is the end to their problems and frustrations, so we just simply point out the facts, that's not discouragement.
And yes, there are lots of bills to pay, in Nigeria you can do without paying most of the bills, credit card not in the West.

Secondly, most Nigerians aspiring to come don't have a clear immigration plan, no legitimate plan set, the just want to cross and and FIND THEIR WAY (we all know what that means, mostly Illegal activities) , I also advise against this mentality.

What makes some of us look a bit rich when we come to Nigeria, is the FOREX EXCHANGE, with $6000 saved up, when we change the money to Naira, money go full everywhere.
This same $6000 can't even pay for a good decent apartment in NY for a year.. But it can pay for 3-5 years rent in Lekki, Ikoyi, Asukoro in Nigeria.

Now a case study.
The messed up Naira, really Makes Nigerians in diaspora look so successful. Especially if the Nigerian is very conscious in his/her saving and remittance of money to Nigeria.
You could be earning 18 dollars per hour/30-40 hours a week. 18*30= 540.
540 dollars is over 150k in Naira.
How many Nigerians earn the 150k per month, not to talk about per week.

lol ASUkoro.(asokoro)

it's true bro the exchange rate is killing us real bad.
that's why this Yahoo boys are ripping off them whites and spending the money recklessly here ..

*things too are costly here in some places in Nigeria like Abuja where I reside and Lagos tho .

besides have been to Ethiopia tho when my popsi was transferred there.
(ministry of foreign affairs)

on the basis of MFA posting you outside for 3/4yrs it's easy because of Govt taking care of everything!

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by cosade(m): 2:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
haryomikun:

err sir. I thought if one is caught living illegally you will be deported.

so if one goes to the us and wants to come back home all one needs to do is just present oneself to the police and that's all!

There is voluntary deportation but the person would be put in detention camp and the process could last six months or more.

Modified:
You may want to view this video for an insight into what is a detention camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc_Gc4bfnEg

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Olypeppy(f): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

Nice thread but Nigeria is not a difficult place to live in. Those who want to migrate can do so legitimately and anyone seeking to stay shouldn't be made to feel like he or she is living in hell because it isn't true. Good thread
Nigeria is so damn stressful dear
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Jman06(m): 2:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
oyetpel:

Guy US government officials also forge document, even General Flynn is under investigation on this matter. No be only naija corrupt, na our looting political class spoiled our name, and made us also spoil our names by ourselves
Stop making such comparism please. While i aware that it is not impossible to have a few cases of corruption in the US, such cases are rare because their laws are working. In Nigeria the laws only exist in papers and are sometimes applied only when the poor are involved.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by deskossy(m): 2:25pm On Apr 29, 2017
lovelygurl:

Lol yh. It is but but as that of München, Berlin or Hamburg. Those are bigger cities. Besides you are more likely to see a Ghanaian than a Nigerian but I think that's everywhere in Germany grin
mehn for every nigerian u see here in hamburg,there are 10 Ghanaians I'm not that surprise it's d same in rheinland Pfalz..d nigerian union here is shit,i make do with my state union which is way better. I always advice anyone that wana come to do so i don't discourage no one. 9ja is a mess

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by lepasharon(f): 2:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
Jman06:
But do something worse!

I hate it when some people pretend like naija is such a rosy place when the reality on ground says otherwise.
You can only enjoy Nigeria if ur rich

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by deskossy(m): 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2017
cosade:

Ich bin neugierig, ihre Antwort zu kennen.
ich auch,ich warte auf ihr
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by cosade(m): 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2017
deskossy:
ich auch,ich warte auf ihr

in ordnung
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Jman06(m): 2:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
lepasharon:

You can only enjoy Nigeria if ur rich
My dear, even when you are rich but surrounded by multitude of poor people, you won't be at peace unless you don't have sympathy for what others are going through, and that unfortunately is the case with our politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by poshestmina(f): 2:43pm On Apr 29, 2017
Butterworth:

My brother travel and see, then you will know why
Brother ke? i'm ur sister oh .lol! i just pray to be so rich that the only time i travel out is for shopping and vacations .I won't go and start washing corpse or washing gutters .people that made their money here in Naija no get 2 heads .

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply)

US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.